THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Hi all,

I'm looking for a pair of straight cut jeans, something like the Nudie Straight Svens, but possibly a little taper at the boot, a little loose on the waist. I'm not looking for slim as I've already got a pair of APC New Standards, but I want something between slim and loose, nothing baggy.

Any good alternatives? Price is sort of an issue. So maybe somewhere under 150 USD. A little over is okay I guess. No specific brand preference.

Nudie Even Stevens.

sooooooo

everyone knows i was tryin to sell my italian 21cms

and i did, except i kept a pair, was inspired looking at tragic's pix again, and am contemplating breaking them in

but all of a sudden i'm thinking i should pick up some discounted kmw 1980s and give them my lovin instead, and shelve the diors

the 1980 cut is great on me, save for less stacking

and in terms of denim quality, they obviously blow the diors away

i just can't get over the kmw pockets - they looked too damn big and low when i tried them on, and in most pix i see (i feel like this makes them look 'younger' or some shit, and as a result they're less versatile)

fwiw, i'd get them in a 32x34 and try and stretch them a bit

anyone want to offer advice?

some of the best denim in the biz v. the best cut i've ever worn?

kinda similar to nappyhead's question above:

Im looking for something with a slim cut with heavy japanese denim.

There are the obvious Flathead F310 and Skull S5010XX, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

I currently wear thin finns, and enjoy the cut, but they stretch out way too much between washes and dont maintain their shape like I would like them to. Also, mine have tons of holes in the crotch, pockets, and more starting in the knees.

SLIMMEST CUT + HEAVIEST DENIM = WHAT I WANT.

kinda similar to nappyhead's question above:

Im looking for something with a slim cut with heavy japanese denim.

There are the obvious Flathead F310 and Skull S5010XX, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

I currently wear thin finns, and enjoy the cut, but they stretch out way too much between washes and dont maintain their shape like I would like them to. Also, mine have tons of holes in the crotch, pockets, and more starting in the knees.

SLIMMEST CUT + HEAVIEST DENIM = WHAT I WANT.

The Skulls are going to have the slimmest cut...but not the same quality denim. Samurai 710's are 19oz. and a slim cut...but not as slim as the FH's, but they're lighterweight denim. Iron Heart has a 21oz. pair on Selfedge (the collab) that's a pretty skinny cut...and the heaviest denim.

Not sure if that helps or makes things more confusing.

haha slightly more confusing....

I just want something that wont get so many holes so quickly! its only been 9 months or so with the nudies and theyre fucked, not to mention the crotch looks like shit because of all the repairs.

So which one is going to have the best denim with the slimmest cut?

whats shitty about skull denim?

Selfedge doesnt have the iron heart collabo in my size!

There's nothing wrong with Skull's denim, but there have been discussions on tearing, etc. I don't own Skull's, so this is only hear-say.

I doubt you need 21oz. denim...Nudies don't rip due to their denim weight...they rip because they're crap. ;)

Go with the FH's is you want skinny more than denim weight...vice versa for the Sam's. Size down 1 for the Sam's...you'll have to ask Kiya what size for the FH's.

I posted here before, looking for a new pair of jeans, but now I've come up with a few choices.

I like the fading im starting to see on my F380s but I have a major problem with the fit since the seat and the lower leg is way too baggy. I've given my jeans a hot soak since the initial soak and now, but it didn't help at all. I like the fit of my nudie slim jims but I want a pair with better denim. I'm looking for a straight leg that is just a tad looser than my slim jims, and these are what I've narrowed it down to:

SDA 103

KMW 1980

AW Grifters

And what would be the equivalent fit for samurais and 45rpms?

Thanks guys

I posted here before, looking for a new pair of jeans, but now I've come up with a few choices.

I like the fading im starting to see on my F380s but I have a major problem with the fit since the seat and the lower leg is way too baggy. I've given my jeans a hot soak since the initial soak and now, but it didn't help at all. I like the fit of my nudie slim jims but I want a pair with better denim. I'm looking for a straight leg that is just a tad looser than my slim jims, and these are what I've narrowed it down to:

SDA 103

KMW 1980

AW Grifters

And what would be the equivalent fit for samurais and 45rpms?

Thanks guys

The 103's have a great fit...but you have to like a low rise. Before all this...I would throw your 380's in the washing machine on hot.

The 103's have a great fit...but you have to like a low rise. Before all this...I would throw your 380's in the washing machine on hot.

Yeah the 103's would be your best bet for what you are looking for. Rock hard denim and a lowrise slim cut.

im contemplating between a

sugarcane

unionstar ?

which is the best for most of you guys? ( bang for the buck) 55's are expensive though

and which fits the best? ( fool proof)

thanks!

those are all pretty anit-fit so you should be pretty good in that department. Be aware that the hip flare is pretty intense; the waist is pretty tight and then the hips flare out a lot, study sizing charts before making your decision.

As for which model, it depends on what you're looking for. I think the 66 tapers more than the others, the 55s are more straight leg and the Union Stars are somewhere in between. The 66 is a zip fly, dunno about the 55 and the Union stars are a button fly. They're all very very literal repro cuts, so don't expect a modern fitting jean at all.

The 55 or the union star might be worth looking into, because I know a lot of your jeans (of which you have many) are 66 derived cuts. Might be good to get a taste of a "true" vintage jean.

im pretty much set on getting pbj xx-007

i can either get them raw from BIG or a one wash from Bears

now my question is, wouldn't they wind up being the same becasue you would have to "one-wash" the jeans anyways to shrink them? also i was trying to figure out what size to get. i know they stretch a lot, but if i get them one-washed would the 28 already be too small for me? should i go for a 29 in one-wash? If i order it raw i could stretch it out when it's still wet to prevent that so i know i could get away with a 28 in raw. about the only other jeans that i have that you could compare to would be nudie slim jims that i have in a 28x34, but they had measured 29 on the waist when i first got them, which is my actual waist measurement, and have since stretched considerably

so anyone with experience in xx-007s, help me out please