THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Thanks alot guys, thats one decision made and Pediwear will be getting my order on Wednesday :D

I have one more dilemma for this week/ month, and it has been caused by the Selfedge mega sale.

Originally I had planned to buy a pair of IH Busters at the Iron Heart forum party next month, but Selfedge has the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson N1 Deck Jakcet on sale for $370, and I have been lusting after that for almost a year......what to do, what to do??

Busters aren't going away any time soon- get the N1. Besides, aren't you going to be wearing your SamuraiS5000VX for the next 2 years? Plenty of time to pick up a pair of IH jeans later.:)

Oh, and I'm glad you didn't go for the Vibram sole on those Grensons. They look soooo much better with the leather sole.

My purchasing dilemma's have been solved by some unexpected court costs, so I'm now poor again.....bugger.

Thanks everyone for your help anyway.

Hooray, court costs covered (I was having a dispute with a bank), Grensons purchased. Not sure about the SC x WG deck coat now though, I don't know how much i'd wear it, hmmmmm.....

I'm 5'-5" with skinny legs. Looking for a slim jean that is slim in the thighs, and somewhere in between a Levis 514 and 511 in the calf. I don't want the skin tight Ramones look in the calf, but don't want the baggy country bumpkin look either.

EDIT: Well it turns out the Levis 512 are the fit I want. I'm still wanting to know what other brands would have a comparable fit.

if you dont mind a tiny bit of mockery from the vintage enthusiasts, i've found unbranded 101s to be a pretty solid skinny fit when you go TTS. you could look at PBJ, too. i havent tried any pairs but some of their cuts look to be pretty slim

Denime XX

or

Skull 5000XX

- Both are a classical repros ('47 - '50 cut), so similar cut

- No bling bling other than a red tab

- Both experienced some changes which lead to a disussion about

inferior quality of the produts

- Similar denim weight

So all in all, quite similar. Which to choose and why?

Denime XX

or

Skull 5000XX

Denime XX

Why? Because I'm more interested to know if the denim has really changed or not. Jay from Blueowl said in denime thread that they still use the same denim as the previous owner? If they, in fact, changed the denim, then I guess you would be our guinea pig to see whether the new one is on par with the old one (no one has the new denime iirc, whereas I remember there's a member posted his skull) :P

tough one BF , if it were old denime im sure you would not even need to ask

i had a look at the 5000xx when i was at take5 and realy liked the denim (nice shade of indigo and a nice texture)

im not too sure about the new denime, if it was confirmed that it was the same denim then they would be my next buy for sure but all the talk about quality issues realy put me off