THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

C'mon, man. Do you want a taper or a straight leg? 5000s are straight, 500s taper and seem a slightly slimmer cut. I personally like slight tapers, some guys prefer straight. Depends what kind of jean you want.

yeah my main concern is the opening on the hem..s5000's have a 1cm bigger opening on the hem compared to the 500xx hmm... about the details i think the s500xx have the better buttons.. i know its just a little add on but both cost's the same.. so hehehe i think ill go with the 5000's

I got a question, not exactly this or that though, but I thought it was better suited to this thread than the small questions thread since it's about picking a pair of jeans.

I want to get some nice slim black jeans (either black overdye, or raw/one-wash black warp on a white weft).

I have a pairt of Skull 5010XX 6x6 in a 29" waist. These are great. They would be perfect for me if there was a tiny bit more room in the thigh, and perhaps a very slight taper below the knee. But even without that, they're my favourite jean.

But I don't think I could go the Skull 5010XX Black, because they are tighter in the thigh and stretch less. There's no way I could go tighter in the thigh. I could size up, but then the but might be too baggy.

I can imagine my ideal jean: A low to mid waist and seat silhouette similar to the Imperial Duke, thighs a tiny bit looser than my skulls, and a slight taper below the knee.

Can somebody please help me!?!?!? I've been trying to work out what I can get for months now. What is the perfect black jean for me??????

Thanks in advance!!!! :)

Looking for something with a lower rise that most japanese repros...looking for something that is 10-10.5"

5'6" 160lbs, thighs aren't too big but getting bigger, (22.change") so definitely do not want something slim-fit. I was liking the SD-302's until I saw the rise on them..don't know if I can put up with 11". I wanted the SD-303 but the thighs may be too tight..

Ideas? I want something in the $150 range and not more. Selvage doesn't really matter, but it'd be nice

^ the 811 would fit your criteria, i think.

you should wait for more responses regarding the 3005XX.

I can imagine my ideal jean: A low to mid waist and seat silhouette similar to the Imperial Duke, thighs a tiny bit looser than my skulls, and a slight taper below the knee.

Can somebody please help me!?!?!? I've been trying to work out what I can get for months now. What is the perfect black jean for me??????

i'm not sure about the point about the taper, but would SOMET's slim black raw be anything like what you're looking for?

I bought a pair of PBJ005s in 31. I'm a 31.5" true waist, but i don't think a size 32 would help. I absolutely love the way they look, but they're a bit uncomfortable. I think the extremely low rise is what's bothering me. I'm 6ft and need a 33-34" inseam. The PBJs measure about 33"inseam even. I could use an extra inch.

So basically i'm looking for a jean that have similar dimensions to the PBJ005, but with a slightly higher rise. I don't mind a slight taper.

I was thinking of possible jeans and was looking for feedback:

-Eternal 811

-Samurai s0500

-Ande Whall Grifter

-Flat Head 3001

-skull 5010 6x6

-dior 19cm

Any others or feedback on those?

I have a pair of Sams so5ooxx in size 32 and its a perfect fit, I want to get a pair of pure blue xx005 would I be safe to get a pair in 32 or size up ?? also whats the slubbinesson of the pure blue xx005 compared so500x. any imput would be awesome ....

Get your true size in pbj005 or size up 1. The pbjs are slubbier than the s0500.

i'm not sure about the point about the taper, but would SOMET's slim black raw be anything like what you're looking for?

Yes they would! :) I would love a pair of those!!!!

But they're a bit out of my price range :(

I should have said that in my first post... my maximum would have to be $300 Australian, and I would prefer less...

Damn why do all these good jeans have to cost so much????

Thanks for the tip though! :)

Anyone else have some ideas?

I currently love my pure blue xx005 blacks.

Do I get the Studio 103 or the Eternal 811's?

103 i'd say...

Warehouse Duckdigger 1950

or

LVC 1967 505

or

Skull 5010

A random assortment, to be sure...

i can't remember if it was you that has a pair of duckdiggers already?

apart from miz, there're a few others aren't there...

anyway, duckdiggers if you don't already have them.

Ok I'm after some black denim...

I've got 23" thighs and they are growing... 32-33" waist on hips.

After a relaxed fit, somthing i can sit down in comfortably, but looks good.

I'm After something like the SDA-001s regular fit, except the inseam is fairly short, im 6ft and i might like to cuff.

S5000bk i'm worried will be too slim through the thighs, but at a 35.5" inseam are also good.

Any other suggestions or info that could help me.

Have you thought just spending a bit more on your jeans and ultimately being happy?

I still think the straight svens would do the trick. The dry selvage(non flame) model can be found on www.cultizm.com for $180 shipped. They seem to be slim, with a medium-low rise, with more room in the thighs than the jims for your work out thighs.

I've seen a couple people take the stitching off. Just saying. Might be worth it since you're kinda picky.

What Japanese/high-quality denim brand makes a cut that would be similar to my Gap Goughs? I love my Regular Ralfs but I sized way way down on them and they're getting to be too tight for daily wear, I love my Goughs but I'd like to have another pair of jeans from a company that is not Gap/Nudie/APC. Thanks!

Somet 003 Straight Fit Indigo

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2423&category_id=63&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

the somets are listed as Raw Unwashed but below it says Sanforized - no further shrinkage is expected... which one is right ? i believe their raw so unsanforized?

Studio D'Artisan SD103

Eternal 811