THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Looking for a black selvage jeans. NOT tight or slim fitting. More of a regular fit. If not relaxed even. Any recommendations?

I was thinking of...

Samurai S5000BK

or

Studio d'Artisan DP 292 Black

I do realise the Samurais are a bit slim fitting. But the quality of the denim and dye seems to be superior... right?

^dubwise, in terms of fit, i think the S5000bk is more of a regular fit than the SDA 292 (the 292's are similar to the sda103 slim cut). samurai's are made of thicker blacker denim and constructed stronger, and will be heavier and hotter in the summer. The Sda's are lighter weight, but my 292's are more like a charcoal grey/black color, i think the samurai's definately look "blacker". and yes, the samurai quality is also more superior in my opinion, and will cost you more $. just make sure you figure out which samurai size works best for you if you decide on those.

Looking for a pair of jeans or pants that are slightly loose in the thigh, yet fitted in the calf/hem to create a drapey/creasy sort of look... or something. I'm currently wearing New Cures so I'm looking for something different. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I'm with zaha on the nudie even stevens. I have the ES Dry Organic and I love them. They're a nice rise, not too low. Roomy in the thigh, but not loose or baggy and they taper in about 1/2" to the hem. Very nice fitting jean and the wear beautifully.

Looking for a black selvage jeans. NOT tight or slim fitting. More of a regular fit. If not relaxed even. Any recommendations?

I was thinking of...

Samurai S5000BK

or

Studio d'Artisan DP 292 Black

I do realise the Samurais are a bit slim fitting. But the quality of the denim and dye seems to be superior... right?

if you are looking for straight cut. try the black somets.

imo, they are plain beautiful.

black selvedge denim with contrasting white threading.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11587

that's five crazy pairs of jeans you have to choose from...i'd go with the skull or somet--but only because i'm quite unswayed by slubby denim. and the comparatively lighter weight (vs the 17 oz. sammies) would be a good alternative.

Thank you for the thoughtful response...I agree...with the warmer weather on the NYC horizon, I would probably cop the Skulls or Somets. Plus, as you also mentioned, one of those will alternate well with the Sammies (which are kinda slubby...and definitely not light). I think the Iron Hearts will have to be my winter '07 denim...though last winter had it's weird warmer streaks, it was brick when it felt like acting winter'ish...made me hate the fact that my APC's weren't up in the late-teens (weight-wise).

Have you had any experience with the Skulls or SOmets? Both make me happy to just look at.

cant decide on w30 or w31 for RRDS. i wear 31 in diesel, 32 for levis 527 and most other brands. i saw a w30 for sale which had 16.5 as the waist measurements which would fit me and probally strech anyways. i dont want them to fit loose but not skin tight either and i dont really want to return them to sweden.

thanks.

I am neither fat nor skinny and about 5'7''. My true waist is a 32. I want the slim slouch look; I don't want nut huggers since my thighs are not slim.

I'm thinking:

SD-103/ KMW 1950, 2010, or 1980 sized up/ Sugarcane 1947/ PBJ XX003 or PBJ XX005

Advice on sizing and suggestions on other jeans will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

i have a pair of ssds and my samurais make them look like bitch jeans. i have the rrdg, and id trade both for the banner that comes with the samurais. its all about the details. im still wondering why i wasnt born w/these on.

^^ good choices. be aware that SJ black will take longer to get sharp contrasts, fades, etc. out of those 3, i'd choose the even steven. can't go wrong with organic cotton, and the color looks pretty good. but if this is your first pair of dry denim, i suggest the apc ns - they always come out with great fades.

:)

^^ good choices. be aware that SJ black will take longer to get sharp contrasts, fades, etc. out of those 3, i'd choose the even steven. can't go wrong with organic cotton, and the color looks pretty good. but if this is your first pair of dry denim, i suggest the apc ns - they always come out with great fades.

:)

I have a RRDG, RB6, and Earnest Sewn Fulton line dry currently so these are not my first pair. Im just looking to get something that is cut slimmer than what I currently own while still being affordable.

Skull 5010 6x6

or

Flat Head 3100

How are they in terms of rise, hem and thigh/knee thightness? Also, any opinions on denim texture (color and slub)?