THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I'm interested in the fit difference between the two as well.

i'm looking for a black denim jean with a cut similar to the bootcut ola.... not necessarily a bootcut, but low rise and slim

doesnt have to be dry either, im considering venturing into the world of prewashed

there is an overdyed black bootcut ola if that's what you want

apc new standards or nudies even stevens

I've only tried on the Even Stevens, but for what it's worth, I love the fit. If you like the low back pockets, you'll love the ES fit. It's very roomy + comfortable up top, much like the Ralf, if you know how that fits.

The New Standard is cheaper though - only $112 on www.thedenimbar.net with the 20% code "style4um."

The NS, with its minimalist, plain back pockets can be dressed up more effectively than the ES.

Tough choice.

I've only tried on the Even Stevens, but for what it's worth, I love the fit. If you like the low back pockets, you'll love the ES fit. It's very roomy + comfortable up top, much like the Ralf, if you know how that fits.

The New Standard is cheaper though - only $112 on www.denimbar.net with the "20% code "style4um."

The NS, with its minimalist, plain back pockets can be dressed up more effectively than the ES.

Tough choice.

site dont work

What 'relaxed' jean should I buy? I'm skinny as shit, but I've been on a kick where I wear my size 11 boots a lot lately. Skinny jeans just aren't cutting it. I have a pair of RRDG, but I was thinking something Japanese and more straight cut would be a nice alternative.

I tried an SD-303 a ways back, and I was swimming in them, even though they were very tight in the waist. You could see zero definition in any part of my legs. So I'd like something not too big/relaxed in the seat and thigh area, but still maintaining a hem of greater than 8 inches. Specific, I know.

Samurai s5000vx - I could size down one and a half, to a size 28. The rise and thigh measurements look like they would work with me, but I'm worried that them hem and calf area might shrink up too much (BiG list the raw size 29 as having an 8.5" hem). Also, I live in Texas, so 17oz denim might make me want to shoot myself.

Skull s5000xx - Bigger hem than the Sams, but also a higher rise (higher rises do not really compliment my body type, in my experience) and maybe slightly looser up top. The denim is lighter weight.

PBJ XX-006 - According to BiG's measurements, these fit much slimmer in the thigh than Sams and the Skulls, but have a bigger hem. Seems like they are very straight cut. The size 28, however, is listed as having a 32" inseam. That's raw, but I'm kinda skeptical they they'll shrink up that much. I like my raw denim to start out at 29", and stretch out to 30". My jeans that have done that usually fit me best. Also, the XX-005 didn't really fit me right, even though they were the correct size. Weird around the crotch and the seat.

Fullcount makes a lower rise straight jean, the 1614. It looks good on paper, but Rakuten models are shaped so differently than I am, it's impossible to tell how they would fit on me. Same goes for the Denime type 66.

What jeans should I buy?

EDIT: A SSDS would be very close to what I'm looking for, but I already have a pair I've beat to shit.

if you're not absolutely committed to japanese-made jeans, you could also consider a pair of APC rescues or imperial kings. those are both dead straight jeans that may fit you how you'd like.

i've no experience with the particular japanese jeans you're considering, so i can't comment there, though...

No, I'm not married to Japanese brands. The Kings are a good thought, but I thought they were a very similar fit to the Ralf, and I absolutely hate the size of the back pockets. The stitching is cool by me, but not the giganticness.

I would grab a pair of Rescues in a heartbeat, if they made them in my size! Arg, why APC? Why? I'm a 27 in the New Standard.

there is an overdyed black bootcut ola if that's what you want

oh wow, i never noticed that.

ive been looking around online and the only site i found with them is zoovilliage, and they don't ship to the US. anywhere online that would ship to the US or stores around NYC?

No, I'm not married to Japanese brands. The Kings are a good thought, but I thought they were a very similar fit to the Ralf, and I absolutely hate the size of the back pockets. The stitching is cool by me, but not the giganticness.

I would grab a pair of Rescues in a heartbeat, if they made them in my size! Arg, why APC? Why? I'm a 27 in the New Standard.

Think the new Imperials have smaller back pockets. Don't know if they have hit stores or not yet though.

LVC 501: 1955 or 1947?

I want to get a pair of LVCs (online) and have never tried a pair on, I hear the 55's fit looser so I'm thinking that would suit me better.

I'm not sure how the sizes fit. I have a pair of preshrunk 501 (w31 l34), a pair of 523 (w31 l32), pumaxevisu (w32 l34) and a bunch of other 30x32 but they all fit me pretty much the same. I'm just worried the thigh area is a bit tight on these LVCs. Also, how tapered are the LVCs compared to the jeans I have?

Any recommendations? thanks.

Looking for a pair of jeans or pants that are slightly loose in the thigh, yet fitted in the calf/hem to create a drapey/creasy sort of look... or something. I'm currently wearing New Cures so I'm looking for something different. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Califonias might fit the bill, or maybe a pair of Even Stevens?

The idea of my next purchase leads me to question which of these five pairs I will throw my money at...

Skull S5000xx vs. Somet 003 vs. PBJ XX-003 vs. Oni Red vs. Iron Heart 21oz.

I know it sounds crazy and perhaps noobish...being that there's so many choices and a world of difference from the 14 ouncers to the Iron Hearts...my reasons for each...

-The Skull's and Somet's for ease, since they are sanforized, it is like a pair of APC's...rock 'em straight out the box. I've tried on the Skulls and loved the fit. Haven't yet tried on the Somet's, but the lower rise and plain'ness (no branding) are both pretty kosher details.

-The PBJ's and Oni's = slubby. I've heard very good things about the quality of PBJ denim...plus I tried on the xx-003's the same day I tried on the Skulls...I loved the fit as well. Oni's I have yet to try on...but I'm excited to see how they rock.

-Iron Hearts...well who doesn't want a pair of 21 oz. Japanese selvedge denim (if you're in a climate that isn't a constant 85 degrees all year round). Plus I heard the denim quality was amazing...just don't know about the fit...and it's too bad BIG doesn't carry 'em.

I guess I should have placed more stress on the best of each world: Sanforized Japanese denim and Slubby Japanese denim. But then it's "here comes the Iron Hearts"...barging in on the competition.

I currently am finishing up a pair of APC Rescues, and starting off some Samurai 110xj's...which I love due to the Lee-style fit and 17 oz.'ness...plus the texture ain't half bad neither. I plan on alternating this next purchase with those Sammies.

I also have the Marc Jacobs x Wrangler jawns to play with.

I'm seriously considering buying a pair of Somet's 14.5 OZ blue selvedge jeans. Before I get them I want to get an idea of the fit against my LVC's. I currently have a pair of 47 LVC's that fit me great in a 36X34. I don't know if anyone out there has both pairs of jeans but I'd love to know the differences between the two b4 i order the somets.

The idea of my next purchase leads me to question which of these five pairs I will throw my money at...

Skull S5000xx vs. Somet 003 vs. PBJ XX-003 vs. Oni Red vs. Iron Heart 21oz.

I know it sounds crazy and perhaps noobish...being that there's so many choices and a world of difference from the 14 ouncers to the Iron Hearts...my reasons for each...

-The Skull's and Somet's for ease, since they are sanforized, it is like a pair of APC's...rock 'em straight out the box. I've tried on the Skulls and loved the fit. Haven't yet tried on the Somet's, but the lower rise and plain'ness (no branding) are both pretty kosher details.

-The PBJ's and Oni's = slubby. I've heard very good things about the quality of PBJ denim...plus I tried on the xx-003's the same day I tried on the Skulls...I loved the fit as well. Oni's I have yet to try on...but I'm excited to see how they rock.

-Iron Hearts...well who doesn't want a pair of 21 oz. Japanese selvedge denim (if you're in a climate that isn't a constant 85 degrees all year round). Plus I heard the denim quality was amazing...just don't know about the fit...and it's too bad BIG doesn't carry 'em.

I guess I should have placed more stress on the best of each world: Sanforized Japanese denim and Slubby Japanese denim. But then it's "here comes the Iron Hearts"...barging in on the competition.

I currently am finishing up a pair of APC Rescues, and starting off some Samurai 110xj's...which I love due to the Lee-style fit and 17 oz.'ness...plus the texture ain't half bad neither. I plan on alternating this next purchase with those Sammies.

I also have the Marc Jacobs x Wrangler jawns to play with.

that's five crazy pairs of jeans you have to choose from...i'd go with the skull or somet--but only because i'm quite unswayed by slubby denim. and the comparatively lighter weight (vs the 17 oz. sammies) would be a good alternative.

rrl slim fit or skull 5010?

RRL, because this new run looks good. but price-wise are they comparable?