THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

im about to buy my first pair of jeans above $100 (that are not like the celeb-fad 7, diesel sht).

im trying to decide btw LVC rigid stacked skinny or the edwin rainbow raw selvedges

i know most people get apc ns's or nudie RRgreycasts for their first jeans but i like my jeans to have a backpocket stitching and one RR's are kinda too thick for me

thanks

hey could you help me on the differences between these two pairs of nudies?

http://www.psyche.co.uk/designer-clo...dge-jean-r.htm and

http://www.psyche.co.uk/designer-clo...e-jean-lng.htm and if i wear a 32 evisus what size should i get? thanks.

Both links were to the same jean. Any how, Evisu sizing varies with all of their different cuts so it's hard for me to judge what size you should get for the Ralfs. Take a measurement of your waist right at the point where your jeans normally sit. Then go one size down for the Ralfs to account for stretching. If you want the Ralfs to fit really slim, then go two sizes down. On the other hand, if you want them to fit loose, then get your true size.

one of the links say "Nudie Jeans Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge Jean R"

and the other says " Nudie Jeans Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge Jean Lng"

otherwise..they look totattly the same. well i don't really want a baggy look or jeans that are skinny or tight. but my waist measures around a 31.5

one of the links say "Nudie Jeans Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge Jean R"

and the other says " Nudie Jeans Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge Jean Lng"

otherwise..they look totattly the same. well i don't really want a baggy look or jeans that are skinny or tight. but my waist measures around a 31.5

I'm guessing that the "R" and "Lng" just refers to the inseam lengths, but you should email the website to get more information. And if I were you, I would go with a size 30 or 31. Nudies will stretch a good inch or two (possibly more). Definitely try on a pair of Ralfs if you can.

im about to buy my first pair of jeans above $100 (that are not like the celeb-fad 7, diesel sht).

im trying to decide btw LVC rigid stacked skinny or the edwin rainbow raw selvedges

i know most people get apc ns's or nudie RRgreycasts for their first jeans but i like my jeans to have a backpocket stitching and one RR's are kinda too thick for me

thanks

i suggest to get the edwins.

im traveling close to HK and might head back to JAPAN....might as well pick up a pair of denim of 2 =) BUT have no idea what to get and where to start. something compared to my earnest hutch but a tad slimmer. raw selvedged and something in black. budget no more than $260 a pair? nothing TOO slim.....

suggestions?

should I pick up a pair of non-selvage iron heart?

what's the alternative? if this is a simple "Should I..." question, then i'd say Yes, Please Do :)

samduhspam - if you do go to japan or HK, you should stop by a denim store like Bears which carries a variety of brands and cuts, and try them on for yourself. nothing beats a first-hand (and impulse) decision. offhand, why not take a look at Iron Heart's 21oz offering in black denim?

Hey guys i know this is stupid but I dont know which pair of jeans to buy next. I am looking at Eternal 811's and 45 rpm sorahikos. Any suggestions anyone? Feel free to tell me

They're considerably different. Eternals have a straighter leg, are a bit slimmer and have a very different dye. They fade quicker and have slubbier, more uneven denim that fades very well in vertical streaks.

On the other hand, Sorahikos fit more comfortably, and are sewn together beautifully.

Your options are: a flashier pair of jeans with more 'character' over time, or a more basic style with perfect execution. Obviously you can't lose.

Another benefit of Eternals is that you can buy them from BiG and support the biz, get free hemming and really friendly service in case you need to exchange sizes.

They're considerably different. Eternals have a straighter leg, are a bit slimmer and have a very different dye. They fade quicker and have slubbier, more uneven denim that fades very well in vertical streaks.

Are the rumors of the Eternals never-ending bleeding true?

i'm planning to buy my first pair of sda's but can't choose between the sd-103:

http://www.dartisan.co.jp/jeans/dt_sd1O3.html

or the sd-203:

http://www.dartisan.co.jp/jeans/dt_sd203.html

from what i've found out through research here and a conversation with someone at BIG, the cut of both is the same it's just the 203 is a lighter weight sanforized denim while the 103 is heavier and unsanforized. i really like the look of the fit of the 103 i found on the thread here on sf. now i guess it's just a matter of what weight i want. for anyone that has tried on both, is there that much of a difference in the feel of the denim? also, other than one of the japanese bidding services does anyone have a source for buying from japan? (i'd like to get a pair with the arcs/tab) thanks in advance for any advice.

IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE...

a) Sugarcane 1947

B) SDA SD-101

c) Samurai (what's comparable to the LVC 1947?)

Which would you choose and why?

Reason I ask that I love my LVC '47s but I want to expand my horizons a little to include other brands with similar fits... Who knows, maybe this'll open up a new can of worms for me buying jeans I really shouldn't be buying right now... but I can't help it!!

Thanks,

B.

Guest mwills

Dior 19cm

OR

Flathead 3001

OR

Skull 50-10xx

I really like the fit on the Diors, but it seems they don't fade as nicely as the other two options. I have a feeling that Diors are a pair of jeans that I will have to buy eventually and I don't want to regret getting other denim instead. I just dont know...will I be disappointed with the fading on the diors?

IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE...

a) Sugarcane 1947

B) SDA SD-101

Reason I ask that I love my LVC '47s but I want to expand my horizons a little to include other brands with similar fits... Who knows, maybe this'll open up a new can of worms for me buying jeans I really shouldn't be buying right now... but I can't help it!!

Thanks,

B.

the sugar cane 1947 is a pretty good idea--inexpensive, and well-made.

Dior 19cm

OR

Flathead 3001

OR

Skull 50-10xx

I really like the fit on the Diors, but it seems they don't fade as nicely as the other two options. I have a feeling that Diors are a pair of jeans that I will have to buy eventually and I don't want to regret getting other denim instead. I just dont know...will I be disappointed with the fading on the diors?

if you look in the XXX thread, under Diors you'll see tragicbliss and sphoxx's jeans. the question isn't "will you be disappointed with the fading on the diors" so much as "will you wear them in hard enough?"--because they are beautiful. to be fair they are a different sort of colour compared to skulls or flatheads--but more often than not it's the lack of wear, not the jeans, that is the problem.

IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE...

a) Sugarcane 1947

B) SDA SD-101

Thanks,

B.

you might find the SD-101 a little too loose. i got a pair of those in the same size as my LVC 47, and the SD-101 was way too big for me so i had to sell them off. SD-103 is a nice option you might want to consider.

the Sugarcane's are obviously the most similiar to the LVC, but if you wanted to expand your horizons, then try something different.

Samurai definately offers something different and special. you might like the 5000 series, just remember to size down at least 1 size.