THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

well it depends on what you mean by "amazing texture" -- if you mean very streaky and contrast-y, then yes samurai or eternals. Personally (and i think a lot of people agree with me), "amazing texture" can also mean very crinkly, marble-like and that's exactly what warehouse is awesome for

I know this is my dilemma. I really like both and I have seen warehouse get pretty contrasty so am kind of torn. Maybe I might come down to longevity

Hey, I'm deciding on my second pair of raw denim (first being unbranded). My waist is 30 and I'm a pretty slim guy - weight about 150-155 and I'm 5'11"-6'. I've pretty much narrowed it down to APC Petit Standard or Naked and Famous Weirdguy. I want that tapered look but don't want to be too constricted in the thighs or crotch. I'll just do a list of questions so that it's easier to respond to if you have knowledge or opinion on the questions...

1. APC ps or N&F weirdguy?

2. On the ps I'm planning on sizing down 1" and I haven't read much on how much the N&F stretches... so size down 1" there also, or 2" since they are built to have that comfort in the crotch?

3. All APC comes in one color for the indigo, but the N&F comes in dark indigo, indigo, and organic indigo, any information or ideally pictures on how these fade differently from one another?

4. Which would have a quicker fade, ps or weridguy?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a pair of apc petit standards, but im more interested in the look of Imperials.

Not too big of a fan on the traditional cut of the apcs, i want more of a low yoke nudie type fit like the thin finns

am i better off seling my apcs and going with the imperials? any other recommendations for a nudie thin finn type fit?

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for Japanese Raw Denim. I was originally looking at Nudies, but I've decided to get something nicer that I'll, hopefully, be more happy with. The only Japanese made denim I own is a 35 APC New Standard. It fits me ok, but not great. (Fit pics below.) I think low rises and high back pockets seem to work better for me in general. I have kind of wide hips, but skinny legs, not much on the backside. Many jeans look OK on me from the front, but look odd from the side and back. I often get a lot of fabric bunched up under the center back belt loop, and on the pockets. I would like to avoid a poor fit, especially if I'm going to be shelling out $300+ for a pair of jeans. I'm probably going to buy online from Blue in Green - unless there's a better option I am unaware of.

After looking at Blue in Green's site, the brands that looked interesting to me were Samurai, Somet and Skull. These are some of the jeans I was looking at, but I'm not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree:

Skull Jeans S5010XX 6X6 Slim Fit Raw

Somet Jeans 003 Low Rise Straight Fit Indigo

Somet Jeans 008 Low Rise Slim Fit Indigo - I really like the darts

Studio D'Artisan 106 Low Rise Slim Tapered

Samurai Jeans 15oz Low Rise tapered Leg Fit S0610LX-RR

Any thoughts on those fits for me? Are there other brands/fits I should look at? If you would like to see more fit pics, I have some in this thread when I was looking for Nudies:

http://mynudies.com/...tter-fit-for-me

Here are the APC fit pics:

100_3445.JPG

100_3447.JPG

100_3446.JPG

100_3444.JPG

Thanks,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello guys anyone Red wing fans here...recently i found a super duper rare and still mint condition RW Skytroopers. its super rare the owner marked down the price bottom line usd 800. should i get it.Damn expensive.

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for Japanese Raw Denim. I was originally looking at Nudies, but I've decided to get something nicer that I'll, hopefully, be more happy with. The only Japanese made denim I own is a 35 APC New Standard. It fits me ok, but not great. (Fit pics below.) I think low rises and high back pockets seem to work better for me in general. I have kind of wide hips, but skinny legs, not much on the backside. Many jeans look OK on me from the front, but look odd from the side and back. I often get a lot of fabric bunched up under the center back belt loop, and on the pockets. I would like to avoid a poor fit, especially if I'm going to be shelling out $300+ for a pair of jeans. I'm probably going to buy online from Blue in Green - unless there's a better option I am unaware of.

After looking at Blue in Green's site, the brands that looked interesting to me were Samurai, Somet and Skull. These are some of the jeans I was looking at, but I'm not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree:

Skull Jeans S5010XX 6X6 Slim Fit Raw

Somet Jeans 003 Low Rise Straight Fit Indigo

Somet Jeans 008 Low Rise Slim Fit Indigo - I really like the darts

Studio D'Artisan 106 Low Rise Slim Tapered

Samurai Jeans 15oz Low Rise tapered Leg Fit S0610LX-RR

Any thoughts on those fits for me? Are there other brands/fits I should look at? If you would like to see more fit pics, I have some in this thread when I was looking for Nudies:

http://mynudies.com/...tter-fit-for-me

Here are the APC fit pics:

100_3445.JPG

100_3447.JPG

100_3446.JPG

100_3444.JPG

Thanks,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

35 in ACP's would be like a size 36 or 38 in other brands, right? What's your actual waist size? you look like you're a little smaller than me, and if that's the case, face it, we don't look good in low/slim/tapered. Low is going to exaggerate your upper body length, while slim and tapered are going to exaggerate your lack of ass and skinny legs, and bring your lower body more out of proportion with your upper body. you want something that rides an inch higher than the jeans you've got on, is an inch or two narrower in the waist, and is less tapered below the knee (and hemmed!).

35 in ACP's would be like a size 36 or 38 in other brands, right? What's your actual waist size? you look like you're a little smaller than me, and if that's the case, face it, we don't look good in low/slim/tapered. Low is going to exaggerate your upper body length, while slim and tapered are going to exaggerate your lack of ass and skinny legs, and bring your lower body more out of proportion with your upper body. you want something that rides an inch higher than the jeans you've got on, is an inch or two narrower in the waist, and is less tapered below the knee (and hemmed!).

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to help - it's very appreciated! In other jeans, I usually wear a 34 or 36, depending upon weight fluctuation. However, I'm also wearing those jeans like I am in the picture, so perhaps I'm wearing poor sizes in general. My actual waist measurement, which was taken about an inch above the belly button was 39 inches - I have a bit of a pot belly. I ate recently, so it might be more like a 38. I am 6 foot tall and 205lbs ATM. The waist with dip measurement on the APC jeans was 18.5 Inches.

Please let me know if there's any other info you could use. I'm feeling a little lost on what I should buy. :(

You're my height, and about 10 to 15 lbs lighter.

I'd consider some of the one wash jeans BiG carries. Warehouse #800, Eternal 811, PBJ XX-003, SDA 101 and 103. you'll have a good idea of how they'll fit once shrunk, and other than the Warehouse they're also available in raw, so you could exchange the OW version for a raw one if you want to do the soaking yourself.

raw models to consider Samurai 710 and s5000vx, Skull s5000xx 6x6, Fullcount 1101 and 0105,

LVC '47, '55, and '66 would all work well for you too. Probably want a size 38 in the '47 (I can give you measurements if needed), size 36 in the other two.

not to burst your bubble, but none of the models you mentioned are going to work on you. I have my doubts you'd even be able to put any of them on once soaked. I know they offer them in size 36, but really, those cuts are meant for guys size 32 and smaller.

Thanks for the help! It sounds like you saved me from making some really expensive mistakes. I'm leaning a little towards Samurai Raw jeans, but I'm still poking around. Would you recommend 36's or 38's if I go raw in Samurai? Am I looking for a particular waist size when I am making that decision in raw models?

Thanks again!

Edited by marti-mar

I have no experience wearing Samurai. But going by Big's measurements for the 710 and 5000, I'd be looking at a 38. The 710 would be trim on me (and the 5000 bigger than I like everywhere other than in the rise. I run into that a lot with Japanese jeans), but I expect the 38 should fit you pretty well. Comfortable without being sloppy. If you want 'em trim to tight, you could probably wear the 36. it will be a long read, but there should be a lot of sizing info on the 710 in the Samurai thread.

I lean more toward reproduction cuts, so I usually wind up with jeans that I consider to have proper rise/waist/thigh proportions. Warehouse, LVC, Sugar Cane, etc. Current rotation is Warehouse 700 (30s Levis cut), Warehouse 1001XX (50s Levis cut), and LVC 66. LVC 47 and 37s worn a couple times a month.

Not knowing your personal style, what look you're going for, and what the rest of your wardrobe is like, it's tough to give too much direction other than the brands and models I listed a couple posts back. they're all pretty classic, standard cuts, that should look good with anything. And no cut is going to give you a perfect fit. best you can hope for is comfortable and good looking.

if you're set on buying from big, my advice would be to get a pair of the one wash eternal 811s in size 36 or 38. I think that's a cut that should suit you (though the size 38 might be a hair big on you). if you like 'em, great. If you like 'em and want raw, you can exchange them for a raw pair. if you don't like 'em, you can contact gordon, let him know what you don't like fit wise, and he can point you to a different size, model, or brand.

Sweet, thanks so much for the help. I'll snoop around and make a decision today or tomorrow. I think selfedge has sugar cane, so I might investigate that one as well.

I appreciate your time. I think I have a much better idea of what I should be looking for. Thanks! :)