THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Just bought a pair of the RRL Murdock (Texas version). Trying to decide if I should:

- keep

- return/sell and go for Lone Wolf engineer boots

- return/sell and go for the new White's Nomads

any comment on the quality of White's and/or Lone Wolf's in comparison to the RRL?

bfzdW.jpg

looking for a new pair of decently hefty denim for under 150-- found these original Naked and Famous Indigo/Indigo slub for like 135.

yes or no?

and if not, some recommendations for denim would be super cool.

They're fine. Probably won't find any much better or with more "heft" like you want for any less. Those are too soft for me, but if you're fine with that go ahead and buy it.

I'm looking for a deep indigo type denim for fall/winter. I can't decide between Rogue Territory Dark Stanton JSP or Momotaro x Blue Owl Deep Indigo collab.

http://www.rogueterritory.com/store/dark-stanton/

or

http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7913000

Anybody have any other deep indigo recommendations?

Might want to look into PBJ 007s.

Would you say Pure Blue is a bit better or about the same as Momotaro? I really like the buttons used on the Dark Stantons and that the PBJs used black as well. I already have two pairs of RGT so I think my decision is now between the PBJs and Momotaro.

Wearing APCs Petite Standards for years now and planning to step up a little in quality raw denim. Hate how the stitching comes off and that these seem to be made somewhere else and worse each season.

Is there anything better with a similar fit. Means hem should be <=7 inches + tight seat area.

Rogue Territory SKs where to wide in the seat are because i am really skinny.

Thought about:

3sixteen ST-100x

Japan Blue JB0101

Big John x Tenue de Nimes 1968 Pocket Shape

Nudie Grimm Tims and Naked & Famous Skinny Guys are no step up i guess but fit is also what i would need.

Any help or opinions would be really appreciated.

Hi guys

Picked up a pair of PBJ indigo-purple stretch denim jeans (the purple is absolutely lovely)

First pair I tried on fit perfectly but I was afraid they would eventually stretch too much so I went a size down.

While the true size just had the right amount of slim/tightness and crevices (I'm really skinny), the size down is a little skin tight (still comfy though).

I really don't know enough about stretch denim to say, so should I just go back and get the true size or did I make the right choice?

Or hell, should I just return it and go for a raw/once washed pair? They were okay but scrunched up at my crotch.

Wearing APCs Petite Standards for years now and planning to step up a little in quality raw denim. Hate how the stitching comes off and that these seem to be made somewhere else and worse each season.

Is there anything better with a similar fit. Means hem should be <=7 inches + tight seat area.

Rogue Territory SKs where to wide in the seat are because i am really skinny.

Thought about:

3sixteen ST-100x

Japan Blue JB0101

Big John x Tenue de Nimes 1968 Pocket Shape

Nudie Grimm Tims and Naked & Famous Skinny Guys are no step up i guess but fit is also what i would need.

Any help or opinions would be really appreciated.

3sixteen is probably the best bang for your buck on the list.

though, imo, NaF isn't anything to tip your nose at. It really depends WHICH jean you get as far as quality goes. Try and find a pair of Indigo/Indigo or one of their collabs for best quality.

What happened to Evisu? Used to love their stuff and now its impossible to find.

O, but they're still around...Just google...or look in the 'Evisu is still loved' thread.

Edited by Stratos

Should I kop Samurai S5000vx? I'm slightly built so I planned to size down, but is the straight cut at all flattering on skinny guys? FWIW I wear sz30 APC and 31 N&F weird guy

Should I kop Samurai S5000vx? I'm slightly built so I planned to size down, but is the straight cut at all flattering on skinny guys? FWIW I wear sz30 APC and 31 N&F weird guy

If you're tall and size correctly the s5000vx is really flattering and rather sliming for a straight cut.

Check the Samurai thread for fit pictures or B_F's sig, he probably has the most comprehensive guide to sizing on most Sams.

Edited by Rightyow77

If you're tall and size correctly the s5000vx is really flattering and rather sliming for a straight cut.

Check the Samurai thread for fit pictures or B_F's sig, he probably has the most comprehensive guide to sizing on most Sams.

I looked at the size guide and the measurements on BiG. I measured and I think these are the right jeans.

Should I go with Strike Gold, Flat Heads, Sugar Canes, PBJs, or Samurais for my next denim?

I've been wearing my SEXI14's hard lately and I feel it's time to add another pair to rotate.

I want a very similar fit to the APC PS (Skinny/tapered).

Edited by PlanetNars

Should I go with Strike Gold, Flat Heads, Sugar Canes, PBJs, or Samurais for my next denim?

I've been wearing my SEXI14's hard lately and I feel it's time to add another pair to rotate.

I want a very similar fit to the APC PS (Skinny/tapered).

I'd go canes.

3sixteen, Tellason, or Rogue Territory??

This is probably going to be a really annoying question for a lot of you. But I'm just looking for input.

I'm in the market for my first "Real" pair of denim. I picked up some Levis' raw 514's and unbranded straights just to mess around in and get a feel for the whole thing. I basically rotated each pair in 1 week shifts and the unbranded just didn't feel right, so after about 12 weeks of wear I just left them and stuck with the Levis. Bother were 36's and stretched to about a 38. ie/ too damn big. They Levi's had 39 weeks of wear so far, but I want something good now.

I've narrowed it down to Tellason, RT and 3sixteens.

I typically wear 36's even though my waist is closer to a 34. I just like room up top. I don't wanna sit down and have a belt digging into me. The reasons I've narrowed down to those 3 bands is numerous.

3sixteen have a good rep and I've been a fan of that brand since before they even made denim. Japanese denim at a good price. And the SL-100 fit the measurements I'm looking for.

Rogue Territory - Sanforized (I don't want to deal with initial shrinking and what not). American Made. Again, they have a great rep and they fit my measurements and come in a range of weights (probably go for 14.5 but maybe try the 12.5oz)

Now, Tellason. This is purely based on the simplicity of it, their rep and the local, in-house nature of the brand. However, I've found ZERO information on fit. All I can find is waist and inseam measurements. Does anybody know any details about the various fits and if any of them match what I'm looking for?

Based on a size 36 I'm looking for 12" thigh, 9" inch knee, 8"opening.

And lastly, based on all of the above, what would you recommend?

Thanks

I should mention I don't have the ability to try any of these on before buying. The only brands I have access to here are Levis, Unbranded, N&F (although I haven't seen them in over a year), J Brand and Nudie (which I have no interest in either)