THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

thanks for the recommendation, but i did try on the pair and decided that while the cut was perfect (!!!) the denim wasn't what i wanted. sugar cane makes the denim look as if the cotton had pilled all over, making the jean look less dressy and less appropriate to wear with a nice button down. my fc1108 however, with zimbabwe cotton, looks great with a button down.

but again, thanks for the recommendation-- i really appreciate it.

hmmm...not sure what would be along those lines. Maybe some sc hawaii's or okinawa's? That is if you meant the slack denim was what you didn't like, but the hawaii / okinawa denim is different. Not sure though. They aren't super slim. Not that many jeans have lined back pockets or even special pocket bags.

lvc 47,fh380 or sc hawaii??

Hawaii for the depth of the denim but f380's if your really going for fades / want something a bit more modern.

can anyone help me, i have a pair of nudies right now im bout to finish, theyre real nice..but i want another pair after this...i want a cut very similar to this one...

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/images/...dies_bb_01.jpg

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/images/...s_bb_01_01.jpg

alittle loose on top and tapered at the end because i wear alot of vans era...

the reason i dont buy that pair is i dont want another pair of nudies wanna try something new out maybe something a little heavier too...

any recommendations? thanks in advanced

Samurai s0130XJ or Lee 1934 101B (or maybe 1937 or 39, not decided on the exact model yet).

I want a Lee style with a buckleback, higher rise and somewhat roomy fit (but not super baggy). I'm leaning towards the 130s because I love Samurai's LHT but I can't find any measurements of the rise and I'm not sure about 17oz denim paired with a looser cut.

jesus christ new sufu is really glitchy..i had to keep a diff window open to keep itt logged in or it would log out is i clikced anything..

ok so somet 008 or 45 rpm sorahiko slim o/w

sorahikos

the somets are nice if you want something skinny, but if you want a jean with a slim straight leg fit and a slightly (existent) rise get the 45rpms. The sorahiko denim is really nice as well. Theres just something i love about all 45rpm jeans.

I currently have a pair of New Standards that're going on 6 months. I am looking to grab a new pair of Samurai's. Looking into the S710xx19oz. I want a fit similiar to the NS but with a slightly smaller leg opening. If you can suggest any other model just let me know. I am looking into Flatheads as well.

I currently have a pair of New Standards that're going on 6 months. I am looking to grab a new pair of Samurai's. Looking into the S710xx19oz. I want a fit similiar to the NS but with a slightly smaller leg opening. If you can suggest any other model just let me know. I am looking into Flatheads as well.

The 710's will have slightly larger thighs and a higher rise than the ns's. Flat head f310's or 4001's might be good for you, as could the flat head bsps if you wanted something pretty tapered. Skulls might be a good option as well.

So looking for a new denim project. Currently I am working on some New Cures, and some Helmut Langs on the side, but the Langs aren't going to turn out very well.

I am looking at either some N&F Skinny Guys, or Ande Whall Rakers. I am looking for something with a fit similar to my Cures. I have heard that the Rakers are going to be tighter that the Skinny Guys, but from the pictures it's hard to tell.

I'm finally looking to diving into japanese denim. I have a pair of raw fultons in size 30 that fit me really well and I want something comparable. I had apc ns a while ago in size 28 but they were a bit more tight then I want now. I'm thinking either pbj xx-005 in size 31 (ive liked these for a while now), eternal 811 (31 or 32) or skull 5010 in 31. All most likely one wash. I'm about 5'10 160 and lookin for a slim straight. Thanks superdenim

I'm finally looking to diving into japanese denim. I have a pair of raw fultons in size 30 that fit me really well and I want something comparable. I had apc ns a while ago in size 28 but they were a bit more tight then I want now. I'm thinking either pbj xx-005 in size 31 (ive liked these for a while now), eternal 811 (31 or 32) or skull 5010 in 31. All most likely one wash. I'm about 5'10 160 and lookin for a slim straight. Thanks superdenim

if you were uncomfortable in the apcs, all of these jeans will be as slim or slimmer than new standards. the eternals are probably your best bet. although the thighs are just about as tight as on the xx-005 or 5010xx, from the knee down they are wider. and as a side note, if you get the skulls go with the raw ones; theyre sanforized so washing wouldnt cause much shrinkage, and the one wash skulls are more prone to falling apart due to the factory washing/drying process.

if you were uncomfortable in the apcs, all of these jeans will be as slim or slimmer than new standards. the eternals are probably your best bet. although the thighs are just about as tight as on the xx-005 or 5010xx, from the knee down they are wider. and as a side note, if you get the skulls go with the raw ones; theyre sanforized so washing wouldnt cause much shrinkage, and the one wash skulls are more prone to falling apart due to the factory washing/drying process.

I should probably note that the problem with the APC's was more about sizing. I'd probably just get a 29 now instead of a 28 and I'm probably going to lean towards the more comfortable side when sizing. Also good to hear about the skulls being sanforized, the only reason i was thinking of doing one wash in the pbj's was because ive never done a soak before, but I'd probably end up going raw anyways.

Sweetmofo: If you like the fit, then it's not to slim.

KMW 1950

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=480

Or Kato bucklebacks

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=25

I have both pairs.

I was initialy going with the katos, but i put on my 1950 yesterday and obviously i must have grown since, cause they fit like a glove.

So.. which one?

SExSC06 or SE05BSP

Which ones do you think are much better for the price?

I just want a pair of denim that gives you the most for the price you pay in terms of quality since I don't want to spend this much for nothing.

Also, how should the sizing go about this. A common consensus for the BSP is to size up 1 or 2 as I understand they shrink... but what about the SC06s? How would they stretch?

Thanks.

remember this--

the cut is the most important part. if it doesn't fit you well then it sucks.

the denim is right after that. if it doesn't have the qualities you're looking for, the color, character, etc, then the jeans aren't for you.

construction quality for all these j-repro brands are basically all great so really not much comparison.

but just because u get some gimmicks like pocket bags or back pocket lining doesn't equate to better quality. just some extra qualities you might appreciate.

personally i can't justify a purchase of 300+ jeans when jeans from 220-250 are basically the same or maybe better.

also i think the sc denim looks like u've dragged it through lint and crap.