THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Due to their name i recon they fit like the 008/018. You better ask Gordon about up/down-sizing though..

Edit: Just too a look at them on the site. That is some weird-ass sizing. Just ask Gordon.

Ok so I asked Gordon about the sizing. I'll just copy/paste the mail he sent me for people who might be interested in them too:

These are the same cut as the 008. The material is soft and is a sort of chino twill but said to be of a slightly higher quality than the average chino fabric. These have been one-washed and no further shrinkage is expected.

SOMET 024

SMALL

WAIST - 32"

FRONT RISE - 8"

BACK RISE - 12"

UPPER THIGH - 11.50"

KNEE - 7.50"

LEG OPENING - 6.75"

INSEAM 35.5"

MEDIUM

WAIST - 33.5"

FRONT RISE - 8.50"

BACK RISE - 12"

UPPER THIGH - 12"

KNEE - 7.75"

LEG OPENING - 7.25"

INSEAM 35.5"

i have narrowed down my next pair of jeans choices

skull bks

or

4001 bks

what is zimbabwe cotton anyways

Alright i have both so I can be of more help here. The 4001's have a slightly larger overall top block / seat, larger back pockets, and a much softer feel overall. The skulls are super stiff even after a fair amount of wears. The denim overall is a bit greyer looking as opposed to the deep black indigo of the flat heads. The skulls definitely have a smaller seat overall, but the fit seems also more slimming. I think if you want the fades or are worried about ass space, go for the flat heads, but if you want a more modern fit, get the skulls.

Im currently rockin some nudie bootcut ola dry's at 8 months with one wash. Its about time i start the next project and this time around i want to go for something a little heavier/higher quality. so far i have it narrowed down to imperial kings, iron heart 461's or 5ep low down boot rigid raw. im somewhat leaning towards the 5eps for the simple fact that i can get em 30% off from revolve and have heard nothing but good things about them. any thoughts on which are highest quality, which will fade fastest, and overall what i should go with?

Im currently rockin some nudie bootcut ola dry's at 8 months with one wash. Its about time i start the next project and this time around i want to go for something a little heavier/higher quality. so far i have it narrowed down to imperial kings, iron heart 461's or 5ep low down boot rigid raw. im somewhat leaning towards the 5eps for the simple fact that i can get em 30% off from revolve and have heard nothing but good things about them. any thoughts on which are highest quality, which will fade fastest, and overall what i should go with?

I think the iron hearts would be the most durable out of the 3, and would probably be my choice if I was in your position. While they aren't known for their fades, the denim is really indestructible. If you wanted something that was very high quality and would fade quickly check out the flat head thread. They definitely make some bootcut models, but you may need to use a proxy to get a pair. Samurai makes a few good ones, too.

I'm after 2 new pairs of jeans, need some help choosing/deciding!

Currently my list of possibilities are:

• Samurai S5000VX (17oz)
  • Samurai S710BK (19oz)
  • Self Edge x Sugar Cane SExSC06 (which look ridiculously good!)
  • Pure Blue X005

Any other suggestions I'm open to.

Been wearing some Nudie RRDS for the last 12 months and I'm a bit over the loose fit. Would like something slightly tighter fitting.

(1st post, woo. this place is awesome :rolleyes:)

The details on the SEXSC06 are awesome. Buttons, patch, pocket bags, reinforced crotch for durability, and also wonderful slubby denim for beautiful fades.
I'm after 2 new pairs of jeans, need some help choosing/deciding!

Currently my list of possibilities are:

• Samurai S5000VX (17oz)
  • Samurai S710BK (19oz)
  • Self Edge x Sugar Cane SExSC06 (which look ridiculously good!)
  • Pure Blue X005

Any other suggestions I'm open to.

Been wearing some Nudie RRDS for the last 12 months and I'm a bit over the loose fit. Would like something slightly tighter fitting.

(1st post, woo. this place is awesome :rolleyes:)

I'd say the seXsc06 for both of you guys. Keep in mind the jean won't be around for long, and sugar cane doesnt really produce ANY slim fit / modernish fitting jeans compared to these, so it's a good opportunity to cash in on that now when theyre still in stock. The details and denim are just amazing, too.

I realise sizing and stretching is still a little up in the air about the SEXSC06 but I'll ask anyway!

My Nudies are 32 *cough* vanity sizing *cough*. Measuring the waist (which is at maximum stretch) is a bit over 35". I probably have 1" to spare in these though...

Going off the sizing charts... a 33 in the sugar canes looks about right? 34" waist, which even though it will shrink a bit over an inch, I can handle until they stretch back out.

I guess that's my first pair decided! Now for the second pair, which of the 2 sammy's? Would the 5000 be a too similar cut to the SEXSC and I'd be better off with the 710bk?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Got enough slim and straight at the moment, and on the trail of the great slight bootcut. I already have an old pair of RRDG, so staying away from that. My two choices:

Iron Heart 461 (not selvage, though)

or

SDA D-1002

Pros and cons? They're priced about the same.

I don't have big thighs, and am pretty slim, if that helps. Thanks.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Got enough slim and straight at the moment, and on the trail of the great slight bootcut. I already have an old pair of RRDG, so staying away from that. My two choices:

Iron Heart 461 (not selvage, though)

or

SDA D-1002

Pros and cons? They're priced about the same.

I don't have big thighs, and am pretty slim, if that helps. Thanks.

y not get the selvedge??