THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I'm looking for a new pair of jeans, right now I've just got one pair of dry's, some Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Greycast and they fit me perfect right now.

Theyre a size 32x32, the waist has stretched 1.5" and is loose, but it is a perfect fit from top to bottom now, I'm looking for something with a similar bootcut style fit.

3007154779_3f4057d5c3.jpg

3007155585_8f4194c361.jpg

Any recommendations.

hmm.. apc new standards or skulls 5010? i was gonna get the ns cos they're pretty cheap.. but skulls look attractive too.. help! :)

the skulls are great slim jeans, if you want the denim stiffer, get skulls.

I'd say rockers. But size down, they stretch.

Of course.

I know they take time to fade, and I would like that... But the indigo color on the Acne Max Raw's look awesome... Very nice color.

Any idea on how Acne Max Raw's fade? I'd really like to know, if they fade fast... I wouldn't purchase them....

I really like the bright indigo color on the Acne's... On the other hand, the KMW rocker's look sweet, but the KMW's look alright.

Thanks guys.

I need some help.

My waist measures 32 inches at the point where I wear my jeans.

I own pair of APC New Standards that have stretched beyond a point that feels comfortable in the 6 months I've had them. They definitely feel bigger than what I'd like, especially in the thigh.

I don't like very slim jeans, but I usually buy slim because they relax to a fit that's not too slim, but still somewhat fitted.

I have been looking at the Imperial Duke's lately.

Can you recommend me what size might be good for me in Duke's that would allow for a little bit of stretch but still not make me squeeze into them at the beginning?

And could you recommend me any other brands and styles of jeans to look at that you think would fit the bill?

my fren is goin to hk take5 soon so i am considering between these:

SC okis/hawaiis - size down 1

or

Flat head 3001/ F310 - size up 1 or 2

looking for a more slim/straight fit.

lastly are the prices in take5 more exp than selfedge?

thanks in advance all denim gurus here!

:)

If you're looking for slim/straight, I'd go with the Flat Heads. I think the SC Oki/Hawaii are more regular/relaxed cut. Even sized down 1. Plus, the cuts are different. The FH are fairly low rise. I think the SC's will give you more of an anti-fit. As for sizing, I'd go with 1 size up for the FH's.

RE: Take 5 versus Self Edge, I remember going to HK a few years back and they sold SC1947 for about USD $175 whereas they're currently $245 shipped from Self Edge. The benefit of Self Edge obviously is that you can return them if they're in the original condition. You could probably just tell your friend how much the cost is at Self Edge and if it's cheaper at Take 5, tell him to get them for you.

as is the question i'm sure with several people...

SExSC06 or Dry Bones x Superfuture contest jawns?

Another vote for the Sugar Canes. They're a really nice looking pair of jeans and the slack denim sounds very cool (both literally and figuratively). And honestly, I find the DBXSF contest jeans to be fairly unattractive. The rep bar seems a bit tacky and the low pockets just don't do it for me. Plus, the initial fit pics haven't looked very flattering either. I know they're still working out the final details but I'd go with a sure thing such as the SC's. But to each his own.

oni blue's,okinawa's or 811's???

ive had all three. i like the 50/50 sugarcane blend more than onis slubby. 811s fade really nicely and are going to be the next pair i start wearing.

i say go for the okinawas.

as is the question i'm sure with several people...

SExSC06 or Dry Bones x Superfuture contest jawns?

im going against the grain. i say get the dry bones and test out the denim. i dont think you can go wrong with either pair. 13.5 oz SC might be better in the summer although i dont think gilroy gets too hot in the summer.