SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i have a pair of 32×30 501xx stf and right now the length is fine. i’m around 5’7 and i haven’t shrunk it yet.. when i soak them do you guys think it’ll get too short? my first pair of denim btw. :D

Hi guys!

I am wearing my APC NS for the second or third week in a row now.

Maybe with a little more stretching to come I could also fit in a size smaller 26 > 25 than what I am wearing right now, but I like the overall fit of it.

The hem sits nicely around my hips, my thights and buttock could sit slightly more tightly in the jeans, but I am fine with that and the leg opening just falls onto my shoes the way I like it.

What I am really irritated about, is the extra fabric around my knees.

The fabric boils to the front noticeably and ruins the sleek yet not skinny look I would like to achieve.

Do you think I am not patient enough and should wait a few more weeks/month for the fabric to soften before judging about the fit, do you think the tailor hemmed my jeans too long - I tried to experiment with rolled up legs, not noticing much of a difference - or should I look for a different style of jeans?

Edited by hansimglueck

Hey guys, I'm having a fit issue and wanted to get as many opinions on this as possible.

I'm 5'9" 125 lbs, my waist is around 29. I just recently bought the Levi's Shrink To Fit jeans w28/l36 from Amazon. They finally came in today && holy shit the fit is super tight, like I can't button it up without my whole gut stick out! But on the label it said to size 1 up on the waist since I'ma shrink to fit em, but I decided to size down 1 thinking they might stretch alot while wearing. But I'm a little skeptical now on whether I should go forth with the shrinking process or should I just exchange the jeans for a size 29 or 30?!!

P.S. Sorry if I'm being a noob, I'm relatively new to the denim game.

Hi guys!

I am wearing my APC NS for the second or third week in a row now.

Maybe with a little more stretching to come I could also fit in a size smaller 26 > 25 than what I am wearing right now, but I like the overall fit of it.

The hem sits nicely around my hips, my thights and buttock could sit slightly more tightly in the jeans, but I am fine with that and the leg opening just falls onto my shoes the way I like it.

What I am really irritated about, is the extra fabric around my knees.

The fabric boils to the front noticeably and ruins the sleek yet not skinny look I would like to achieve.

Do you think I am not patient enough and should wait a few more weeks/month for the fabric to soften before judging about the fit, do you think the tailor hemmed my jeans too long - I tried to experiment with rolled up legs, not noticing much of a difference - or should I look for a different style of jeans?

hard to judge without fit pics, and generally, just size the inseam 2" larger than you usually do. unless you want a lot of stacking, then size the inseam larger than 2". for me, i take a 30" inseam in levis, but raw denim, i hem them to 32".

New here, I have a pair of Thin Finns and i love the fit, but I'm looking to get a better quality pair of denim. Can anyone point me in a direction for skinnier fitting, selvedge denim? I'm looking at A.P.C, but I'm not sure if thats necessarily a big step up. Thanks a bunch

avoid apc, unbranded, nudie and naked & famous. any other brand from selfedge or blueingreen will point you in the right direction. really, just look through the worn-in pairs on the evolution of jeans thread and see what you personally like the most. the dedicated denim threads for iron heart, samurai, etc have good pics too. for me, i personally like dry bones, warehouse, iron heart, and skull the most. a good weight to select is 13.5-14.5 oz for a first pair of raw denim. be aware of unsanforized/sanforized and any shrinkage with the pair you buy.

Edited by footfeet

avoid apc, unbranded, nudie and naked & famous. any other brand from selfedge or blueingreen will point you in the right direction. really, just look through the worn-in pairs on the evolution of jeans thread and see what you personally like the most. the dedicated denim threads for iron heart, samurai, etc have good pics too. for me, i personally like dry bones, warehouse, iron heart, and skull the most. a good weight to select is 13.5-14.5 oz for a first pair of raw denim. be aware of unsanforized/sanforized and any shrinkage with the pair you buy.

Going for that weight almost every brand you mentioned is out of the question. Weight is irrelevant anyway. Go for Iron Hearts. Most of the line is sanfordized so it'll be less bs to deal with. Check out some sizing charts and handle business. Or, footfeet did mention dry bones, you could go with some sexdbxsxs12s. Epic hardcore ruthless fitting jeans weighing in at 22 oz and unsanfordized. If you take the plunge you might as well go to the deep end right? =) Good luck.

^try and find a pair of apc's on the fs threads, they're pretty common. those 501's aren't good jeans to begin with, and you're better off starting over. research the apc thread for tips on sizing.

See I already have 2 pairs of the nudie ralphs & 2 nudie ns 27 (stretched to 30). I bought the 501's just for experimental purposes.

Edited by drunkiimonkey

Going for that weight almost every brand you mentioned is out of the question. Weight is irrelevant anyway. Go for Iron Hearts. Most of the line is sanfordized so it'll be less bs to deal with. Check out some sizing charts and handle business. Or, footfeet did mention dry bones, you could go with some sexdbxsxs12s. Epic hardcore ruthless fitting jeans weighing in at 22 oz and unsanfordized. If you take the plunge you might as well go to the deep end right? =) Good luck.

It fades differently, but i just gave him a weight since new users tend to ask lots of questions like sanforized/unsanforized, one wash or not, etc. Yeah, just go buy the pair you think fades the best. if i may suggest, those 007 pure blue japans fade really nicely, and blue in green restocks them on the 30th.

thanks for the reply. I have been looking at Iron Heart, I was really digging the 301 fit. My problem is I'm a short guy (5'8"-5'9") and the inseams are terribly long. Wouldn't a hem ruin the taper of the jeans?

So I got these SExDBxSxS12 as my first pair of raw denim. I originally bought a size 30 but they were super tight in the waist and I had to pull hard to get them buttoned. I sent them back and got a size 31. The waist now seems to be much more comfortable but I'm thinking the thigh/knee area is too baggy. This is starting to really frustrate me because now I am thinking I might need to send them back again, but am afraid the waist is just too tight. The first set of pics is the size 30 and the second set with the blue and white shirt is size 31. Please let me know what you all think. I'd really hate to send them back again but would do it to get the right fit these cost so much. That said, I think my legs are freakishly skinny and maybe these size 31 aren't really that much different in the thigh/knee/ass than the 30. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

http://imgur.com/TqzOz

http://imgur.com/CD5m5

http://imgur.com/5U3WO

http://imgur.com/KhAby

http://imgur.com/wnPXC

http://imgur.com/nQeaA

http://imgur.com/L4yMG

http://imgur.com/SFaEu

http://imgur.com/fBVUU

http://imgur.com/BW8kH

http://imgur.com/kNjhj

http://imgur.com/bczi0

the fit doesn't look that much different between the two. in fact i wouldn't know if you didn't tell me they were 2 different pairs. but from your description, it sounds like the size 30 are way too tight for you. you might want to give the 31's a hot soak the shrink them down. the 30's are prolly gonna kill you after you soak them...

Looking for a good quality dark grey / charcoal (e.g. faded black) jeans... any brand suggestions?

Would like a pair of Acne's, my problem is I need a 36+ inseam.

• Not bothered about them being selvedge.
  • Don't have time to break a pair of Japanese black denims in.
  • Dont want logos on pockets. Dont really want a tab either.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance!

ok got some candle wax on my brand new pair of raw lvc, any tips on how to remove it without damping them??

Put some absorbent brown paper over the wax stains and iron the paper with a hot iron. The wax will come off on the paper.

i went to try on apcs today and i found the apc ps in 30 to be the best in every way except the waist is a little loose. i couldn't try out a size 29 cause barney's was out of them and 30 was already tight on the calves so the 28 wouldn't work. anything i can do about the waist being too big? should i kop regardless?

also anyone know where i can get apc ps cheap?

thanks for the reply. I have been looking at Iron Heart, I was really digging the 301 fit. My problem is I'm a short guy (5'8"-5'9") and the inseams are terribly long. Wouldn't a hem ruin the taper of the jeans?

Nope, go get them hemmed. i'm about the same height as you and get my jeans hemmed to 32". Go find a place near you that can chainstitch them (selfedge, blueingreen, and some other places do that). Getting a standard hem from your local tailor won't give you the roping fade on the hem, so lots of sufu users go to places that do chainstitch.

If you look here:

http://supertalk.sup...82#entry2593982

kayodic's and zeen's pair have "roping" around the hem. If they aren't one-wash, make sure you either wash or soak them first before you hem them to get any shrinkage out.

Also hemming affects the leg opening very little, around .1" from my experience.

Edited by footfeet

whats the deal with Japan BlueXMomotaro and why are they cheaper compaired to actual Momotaros?

would you choose a pair of JBxMomo's 0101's over say 3Sixteen's st-100? which would produce a higher contrasting fade?

and thanks for the help ahead of time haha

whats the deal with Japan BlueXMomotaro and why are they cheaper compaired to actual Momotaros? would you choose a pair of JBxMomo's 0101's over say 3Sixteen's st-100? which would produce a higher contrasting fade? and thanks for the help ahead of time haha

they are a more experimental line aimed at the younger crowd as compared to momotaro which veers more towards straight/slim-straight cuts. the rise on those are also shorter compared to the momotaro line. the materials they use on the jeans are pretty different as well hence keeping the cost lower. imo there isn't much difference between JB's and 3Sixteen quality wise. not sure which will produce a higher contrasting fade though, cos i don't really follow both brands...

that question has been asked a lot lately:

You really can't compare two brands in fact! (Rampuya(Momotaro) vs CollectxMomotaro)

Aside from that, as mentioned a few times already, both fabrics are woven on the same type of shuttle looms (but diff settings for the weave), 100% Zimbabwe l/s cotton, sanforised, both have the pink inseam stitch & share the same buttons... so far the brief comparison.

JPBlue uses a indigo/sulphur mixture for dying, resulting in a slower fading proces... but in the end they do fade nicely!

or just look into the Japan Blue Momotaro thread

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic