SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Serious question as I just received my Sugar Cane 1947 Raw and I'm wondering whether I follow Superfuture's advice or the Japanese's.

I think if you look around, there's not a majority of one or the other. Some of the most highly regarded fades that have been posted were once a month. It also has a lot to do with whether the user wears the jeans regularly and the type of wear they put them through. Bottom line: they're just jeans. Do what you normally do in them. If you are cool with wearing a pair that smells bad and gives you zits on your legs for the sake of really definted creases, go for it, nobody's going to stop you. If you want to wash them once a week, wash them once a week. There are no rules.

fullcircle08sscollecitorc6.jpg

Fullcircle's S/S 2008 looks very nice. I really like the salmon colored one. I think they sell some on their website.

you dont understand what kind of reputation full circle has... im shocked that its on hypbeast

and full circle quality is awful, I used to work in a store that sold it..

I bought a pair of black wings and horns selvage straight cut jeans. These jeans are sooo stiff.. similar to the imperial duke stiffness.

I wanted to know how to keep the stacking down at the ankles. i find these are soo stiff that the stacking is bunching up at the knees slightly. I've tailored it down about 2 inches in length and it's a perfect length if I have a slight 1" cuff. But when I get up from sitting down, I have to pull them down again because they mould to your body in the sitting position.

should I tailor them down even more? They're currently the same length as my apcs, but so stiff they're not stacking properly.

Got a pair of APC new standards with a month or so of wear. Fit-wise, they're tight in the thighs and fitted in the calves, which I like. However, they've developed fat knee bulges- the fabric in front of the knee is baggy and puffs out so it looks like I'm wearing knee pads. I think this is basically caused by the tightness in the thighs- I'm stretching out the upper portion of the knees, but not stretching out the bottom proportionally.

I'd like advice on two fronts:

1) Can I fix this? They haven't been soaked yet; should I give them a hot soak and try to shrink them down again? Will this just delay the inevitable? Is their a tailoring solution?

2) How do I stop this from happening with other jeans? Is it caused by the stretchy nature of APC denim, or by my large thighs in a slim-thigh jean? Are there skinny jeans I can wear that won't get this effect?

Got a pair of APC new standards with a month or so of wear. Fit-wise, they're tight in the thighs and fitted in the calves, which I like. However, they've developed fat knee bulges- the fabric in front of the knee is baggy and puffs out so it looks like I'm wearing knee pads. I think this is basically caused by the tightness in the thighs- I'm stretching out the upper portion of the knees, but not stretching out the bottom proportionally.

I'd like advice on two fronts:

1) Can I fix this? They haven't been soaked yet; should I give them a hot soak and try to shrink them down again? Will this just delay the inevitable? Is their a tailoring solution?

2) How do I stop this from happening with other jeans? Is it caused by the stretchy nature of APC denim, or by my large thighs in a slim-thigh jean? Are there skinny jeans I can wear that won't get this effect?

It's going to happen to any slim fitting jean and no, you can't do anything about it.

...I got myself a pair of the above LVC 1901 501 (W40) and they are already pretty damn tight !

I can button them up ok but are rather on the tight side, what I'd like to know is with repeated wear are the jeans likely to stretch any and if so by how much ?

I have a pair of LVC 1937 501's too but they are W42 and are REAL loose.

I normally wear PRPS in a 42 as I like them to be loose and workwear like, I always wear a belt to keep things decent !

So any help on the LVC 1901 501 would be great, I do not intend on washing them for a good 8 months of wear so your input & advise will be greatly appreciated.

So I should just go for jeans with looser thighs?

You want a looser jean altogether, the thighs don't matter. The knee bulges seem to be more prominent on my tapered jeans so if anything, it depends on the lower legs. The tighter the jeans are below the knees, the more the fabric will bunch up..

This has probably been asked before, but I can't find it:

Does the denim soften up from wearing? After 30 days the waist of my Skulls is perfect, but I think because of the rugged denim, it feels really tight. All my other jeans (Mostly Italian denim) have the same waist measurements, but feel way better.

Just got my Skulls 5010xx, these are stiff as hell. I can't seem to get the stacking to look decent, any tips? I see people with such nice stacking but mine are just bunched up like crap.

Usually the problem is when I get up from sitting and I have to fix it again.

Yo,

So I just got these new standards in the mail. I wore some rescues size 31 for about 2 years and they stretched hella, so I just got the size 29 new standards.

These jeans fit realllllllll tight around my waist and thighs. Like skin tight, limited mobility when walking tight. I'm not worried about the waist, since I know they'll eventually fit, but do APC NS stretch at all around the thigh area? Cause it's super, uncomfortably snug around the thigh/butt area.

Anyone wanna throw in their .02?

Peace.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic