SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hi,

I live in Canada and was looking into buying a pair of Eternal 811's from Blue in Green. But then I started hearing about all this proxy stuff and ordering straight from Japan.

What are the advantages of using a proxy to buy a pair of jeans if I can get them from Blue in Green/Self Edge/Denimbar? Or are there no advantage points?

I hot soaked them for an hour the like a dumbass put them in the dryer without turing them inside out(dying my dryer blue). Am I screwed?

Well imo unless you're trying to get serious shrinkage raw denim should never touch a dryer. Are they ruined? No, but dryers can cause a lot of fading to the indigo from all the tumbling.

The colorloss, if any, is permanent, but if you're worried about the loss of startch effecting fades then you can restartch them.

“After you wash your jeans – and while they’re still wet – spray starch on them. You can either lay them on a table and do it, or put them on -- depending on how hardcore you are. Rub the starch in, and let them air dry, and it’ll give your jeans that rigidity that you loved about them when they were new.†- Richard Cadet, owner of Famous Friends

Where should i look in tokyo for jeans? Im particularly interested in eternal, studio d'artisan, and maybe even skull. Im not sure on the skull cause i kinda have big thighs. Itd also be great if it was on the superfuture map considering 1. I dont know japanese but my friend does 2. Ive never been there

Can someone please answer this?

Why is it that when you sleep in your denim it becomes soft?

Is it bad for your jeans to become soft from sleep?

Okay - since it sounds urgent....

Body temperature softens the denim - also when you wear it - so sleeping is like wearing them...

And no, it's not bad for ur jeans....same way it's not bad for them to be worn....

itll turn soft because youll do alot of movement when you sleep and you will probably sweat.

This doesn't sound normal.

Hi,

I live in Canada and was looking into buying a pair of Eternal 811's from Blue in Green. But then I started hearing about all this proxy stuff and ordering straight from Japan.

What are the advantages of using a proxy to buy a pair of jeans if I can get them from Blue in Green/Self Edge/Denimbar? Or are there no advantage points?

A main reason why people opt to purchase denim through a proxy is for tabs/arcs and other branding that aren't allowed to be sold in the US after the whole Levis lawsuit. Stores like Blue in Green and Self Edge cannot carry these features where as stores in Japan still can. If having tabs or arcs mean that much to you then you may feel like ordering from a proxy will be better but its totally up to you. Sometimes certain jeans will be cheaper when ordering through proxy but most of the time the prices are all about the same. Domestic stores also offer special services like returns and repairs that are impossible through proxy. If you want the 811s the only difference between ordering through BiG is the red tab.

Does anyone know who delivers the packages sent from japan via EMS when it arrives in the UK?

I am asking as I am thinking about ordering something via the sharp service proxy, and I am hoping it gets by customs un-noticed.

Try asking Hide to mark the package as a gift and the value low if you're worried about taxes and stuff like that.

Where should i look in tokyo for jeans? Im particularly interested in eternal, studio d'artisan, and maybe even skull. Im not sure on the skull cause i kinda have big thighs. Itd also be great if it was on the superfuture map considering 1. I dont know japanese but my friend does 2. Ive never been there
I just order the last pair of Skull 5000xx in size 42 but if you take a look at blueingreensoho.com you are sure to find something that fits. Be sure to check there measurement area because this will help open a variety a denim to you ranging from size 38 to size 42. Before purchasing the Skulls 5000xx I was looking at these.

Paul Smith in size 38 but should fit you.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3906&category_id=&manufacturer_id=39&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Oni Red or Blue in size 40

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=60&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Pure Blue Japan (PBJ) in size 42

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=23&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Does anybody know what gets rid of the blue indigo stains from my jeans on the white shoes fast? i tried using shoe shampoo, barely fucking works.

If the shoes are leather, alcohol wipes will do it for you. If canvas, you'll need to bleach them if the stains still haven't come out after you've shampooed them.

yeahnc2.png

and tapered leg jeans are what you are looking for (because the knees will always be 7.5 for you at least due to bending and all that), kinda like the somet 008s but i just started wearing mine more, so unfortunately i dont have any evo pics. peace and prosperity.

How come Superfuture people wash their denim once or twice in a very long period of time if ever while Japanese people continuously wash their denim regularly. For example, in this video (

) the denim of belonging to company representatives are displayed along with some information. On average they wash their denim every 2 weeks ~ 2 months and still get some great fading. I've also read in a Japanese magazine a while ago that you should wash your denim regularly or else the fabric gets weaker and prone to tearing more. It also said that you shouldn't wash or soak in hot water to prevent unnecessary loss of indigo, yet people on Superfuture often do warm soaks and such.

Serious question as I just received my Sugar Cane 1947 Raw and I'm wondering whether I follow Superfuture's advice or the Japanese's.

No. Nothing can take out whiskers and combs. It occurs naturally when the fabric rubs against itself. Lack of rubbing (ie hanging) won't have any effect.

Thanks man..

do you mean ..

tagged size 27 ? or

real waist 27? which is tagged size 26..

hey i was just wondering what you guys thought of the fit of my nudie tlj's:

photo2bp8.jpg

photo5pf9.jpg

pretty bad pictures i know.

i dunno, they're not too tight around the waist/crotch or anything but i keep thinking they look weird to me and i don't really know why. i've had them for probably a little over a month.

maybe i'm just imagining things.

I've got a question regarding the S/S Levis Fenom jeans as seen here:

http://www.honeyee.com/feature/2008/fenom/index.html

The two models I'm interested in is the "Black Woof denim" and teh "painted green stitch rock used".

It says the black woof is a 505-207

painted green stitch 505/360

Firstly I thought that a 505 and a 207 are two different cuts? Secondly, whats a 360?

Finally, which cut is going to be the baggiest? That said I don't want a wide ass, skinny legged effort.

Help greatly appreciated.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic