SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help with some 1947 501s. What size should i get if i want them a little loose? My waist size is 30. I want them to be the fit of a RRDS or APC Rescue, somewhere along those lines. Would a 34 suit my needs? And also how should i soak them to get rid of the shrinkage? Thanks in advance.

P.S. here are jeans if it is any help.

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=261&DEPARTMENT_ID=38#

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help with some 1947 501s. What size should i get if i want them a little loose? My waist size is 30. I want them to be the fit of a RRDS or APC Rescue, somewhere along those lines. Would a 34 suit my needs? And also how should i soak them to get rid of the shrinkage? Thanks in advance.

a 34 would shrink to a 32 but then stretch back out again... i would go with a 30 personally

Sounds like they'll shrink to a 31/32...but they'll probably stretch an inch as well...not sure if you're okay with them being that big. You'd soak them in hot water for 2 hours or so in the sink/tub/bucket...I'd normally say roll them in a towel and hang to dry, but you may want to throw them in the dryer to get more shrinkage. I'm not as familiar with LVC raw jeans, so you may want to read through the "addicted to LVC" thread to see if anyone else uses the dryer. Different brands react differently.

also on a stretching tip... i've just recieved my sam S5000bk and the quality is amazing but they're sooo tight, i usually end up stretching the crap out of my jeans but i've never had a pair of sams before. i sized down 2... hope i wont be sending these back...

What Lot No. are they? I wore my sams to be the first night...they stretched like crazy.

i can just about do up the top button and i havent soaked yet. i got a size 30.. my true waistsize is a 32 but all the jeans ive ever owned have stretched like mad..

ahhhhhhhh!

To be honest, I would only have gone down 1 size, but it all depends on how you like them to fit. My experience with sam's recently was that they were too small even before the soak, and then crazy small after the soak, but stretched out and now they fit like a glove. If its only the waist that concerns you, I wouldn't worry about it. If every part of them is too tight, you may want to get a 31.

What does Beatle think?

my apc's stretched alot in my thighs, and theyre emphasizing my short, thick thunder thighs in a REALLY negative manner. it's only been a couple of weeks, but i dont think i can go out in public wearing them like this...so im gonna soak them and hope they return to normal. i did alot of extra squatting and whatnot the first week, so if i just wear the jeans normally, i dont think they'll stretch back to how they are now. anyway, to shrink them as much as possible, how should i soak them? i've heard and read a lot of different things, so im not quite sure about how to go about this. im looking for minimal indigo loss, just some shrinkage

You're talking about s5000VX, right ? As stated before - sizing down 2 is suicide..

1 is risky - plus keep in mind that the zero denim - as stated 1000and1 times before will keep shrinking for a couple of washes....

i don't think 1 is risky at all. -2 would be fine for a tighter look. -1 is still baggy. Not sure about the whole lot 10 stuff though. But that's whats up with the older stuff

to hem or not to hem.

pbj 004. been soaked twice and are still a inch too long or so.since they are a larger bootcut with a tight upper leg they stack quite a bit and look a little off sometimes. they have only shrunk a inch or two max. how much more shrinkage can i expect with future soaks?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic