SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

This may have been answered before in this thread but;

Does anyone know a decent place to get a pair of jeans hemmed in London? Or how i can do it myself without it looking shit.

This probably won't help much, but take a look:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=301944

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=26560

I just bought a pair of the limited edition KMW 1950 AWA (17/50) from Context in Madison... was wondering if soaking them would soften them up a bit. I like the hard feel/look, but was hoping i could soften them a bit without losing the look. I also do NOT want them to shrink at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I just bought a pair of the limited edition KMW 1950 AWA (17/50) from Context in Madison... was wondering if soaking them would soften them up a bit. I like the hard feel/look, but was hoping i could soften them a bit without losing the look. I also do NOT want them to shrink at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Just wear them for a few days and they'll soften up. You could soak them in cold water for an hour to get some starch out, which will make them even crunchier at first, but again soften up with some wear.

They're sanforized btw, so you don't have to worry about shrinkage.

I remember seeing and auction for some wranglers with the model name "super lean". It looks like nobody here has metioned them so I guess they aren't that popular. Anyone know about these jeans, or where to get them? Im guessing they're the slimmest that wrangler made. I'd really like to get a hold of a pair if they are in fact skinny with at the most a 7 inch hem, something like the new cures but without stacking

I recently bought my first pair of raw jeans after lurking for a few weeks around SF. The jeans I bought are perfect at the waist, so to avoid shrinking I'll use a hanger or something like that. I'm planning to do a hot soak to get the shrinking out of the way, but im unsure about how long I should leave the jeans in the tub. Any help and pointers?

I recently bought my first pair of raw jeans after lurking for a few weeks around SF. The jeans I bought are perfect at the waist, so to avoid shrinking I'll use a hanger or something like that. I'm planning to do a hot soak to get the shrinking out of the way, but im unsure about how long I should leave the jeans in the tub. Any help and pointers?

until the water cools

Alright, I just put in my jeans for a soak. Not even within a minute of putting them in there, theres some sort of what looks like a film on the surface of the jeans, and I'm able to rub it off with my hands. I'm sure its nothing to worry about, but what is it?

Okay, I'm sure this question has been answered before, but the search function doesn't seem to be getting it done for me.

My question: If I got a pair of size 33 APCs that have been worn for 2 months and have stretched to about 34 inches, how much more can I expect them to stretch? My own waist is a 34, so will the jeans only stretch a bit more or will they continue to stretch until they are size 35 or 36?

thanks

Hey guys, after lurking around the forum a bit i have decided to get my first pair of raw denim. I have decided to get some nudies slim jim dry japan in the size of 31/32 but the problem is i can't find these jeans anywhere online and if i do find them they are out of my size. Can anyone link me to any websites that sells nudie slim jim dry japan in the size of 31/32 for about $160?

Thanks drainpipe, but i just tried to order them and got an error about some wire card c3. I got this error right before i was going to confirm my order. The error was at the top of the page in red letters. How can i get past this?

Okay, I'm sure this question has been answered before, but the search function doesn't seem to be getting it done for me.

My question: If I got a pair of size 33 APCs that have been worn for 2 months and have stretched to about 34 inches, how much more can I expect them to stretch? My own waist is a 34, so will the jeans only stretch a bit more or will they continue to stretch until they are size 35 or 36?

thanks

if you've been wearing them for 2 months, they probably won't stretch much more. If you're worried though, wear a belt which will prevent it.

Thanks drainpipe, but i just tried to order them and got an error about some wire card c3. I got this error right before i was going to confirm my order. The error was at the top of the page in red letters. How can i get past this?

I'm not sure where you're located, but you could also try this:

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=175&DEPARTMENT_ID=38

I believe there's a coupon code called "style4um".

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic