SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

If they are distressed, most likely the shrinkage is built into the garment. I say "most likely" because most distressed washes go through a full process to avoid variances - so I think you will be ok, especially if the shade of your jeans is lighter than rigid indigo blue... There may be cases of odd, anomolous partial washes i.e. unwashed with starch 3-d and sanding vs. resin or some other weirdness but should not be the case with LVC... There may be the normal slight shrinkage because wash/dry will tighten up the fibers as with any pair of jeans, but they should "stretch" back to where they should be after a little wear in time. Hope this makes you feel more comfortable about getting them.

I just recieved a distressed LVC tagged 36 from hinoya. they are awesome but too tight in the waist. Will a distressed lvc strectch- or like the shrinkage the strech is built in. I love them ....suggestion if they do strech- should i do the keep the top button open thing for a while>

k so i got my 1st pair of 501 STFs a month ago to work with before i move onto more expensive stuff. i ordered them online im usually 36 but i sized up to w38 l34 for shrinkage. the problems i have now are that i have some nasty looking ass baggage and the worst stacking in the world. im gonna get another pair but what size should i get so that the same problems wont happen

im similar same size as you and have similar problems since im slim. in fact ive wasted some big bucks this months chasing denim before i have the sizing down. My advice--and i learned it expensively-- is to get the sizing down first.

Now with the STF i did too pair. one came out nice and the other wierd. Ifyou dont mind the dryer and hot water. I would wash and dry the crap out of that 38. they tend to keep shrinking a tiny bit a few times each wash. After 8 wash n dry cycles. the reevalute.

The other thing to keep in mind at least with the generic stf i have bought, is that they are just like other levis. 3 pairs with the same tagged size all fit a bit differnt.

Just wearing jeans normally will stretch the waist...depends on the denim used, and if they're raw or washed, but most jeans will stretch an inch or so with normal wear. (BTW, inseam is the length of the leg measured from the crotch to the cuff)

does this apply to distressed levis lvc's

i just bought a pair of apc's the other day and i was thinking about hot soaking them since theyre a tad long. if i do hot soak, will it negatively effect the fades ill achieve in the future?

no, it won't affect your future fades. However, a hot soak prolly won't have any noticeable shrinkage since these are sanforized.

no, it won't affect your future fades. However, a hot soak prolly won't have any noticeable shrinkage since these are sanforized.

im looking for shrinking it maybe 1-2 inches in length, would that be too much? am i better off hemming them?

i just bought a pair of apc's the other day and i was thinking about hot soaking them since theyre a tad long. if i do hot soak, will it negatively effect the fades ill achieve in the future?

I would still hot soak them for an hour or so. Even if jeans are sanforized, they can still shrink, even though its marginal...if you're getting them hemmed, they may as well be spot on.

Why not buy off the pure blue web page?

I was under the impression that they do not ship overseas, since they haven't responded to an email I sent a while ago. But apparently they do? Is there a tutorial any where? Has anyone purchased a pair off the site?

I was under the impression that they do not ship overseas, since they haven't responded to an email I sent a while ago. But apparently they do? Is there a tutorial any where? Has anyone purchased a pair off the site?

I believe both PBJ and bear doesn't ship overseas...someone confirm

I believe both PBJ and bear doesn't ship overseas...someone confirm

That's correct, neither ship overseas. You'd either have to go through one of the proxy guys on here, get them from Gordon at BiG, or dig through the rest of the Rakuten stores (some of which do ship overseas) to see if you can find your size. If you go to the "Japanese Brands" section of mynudies.com, there's a thread about buying Japanese denim that lists what stores carry PBJ's.

does anyone know what happened to the Nudie thread? I can't find it and the search function isn't working

I don't know if there's an "official" thread for nudies, but here's the link(s) to all the threads that have tags:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/tags/index.php?tag=/nudie/

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/tags/index.php?tag=/nudies/

Guest declasse

okay, ive searched and tried to search supertalk thru google but couldnt find an answer:

i have a pair of Levis STF and would like to get a pair of LVC 1947s, how is the sizing and shrinkage? i cannot buy them locally so i want to know how much they shrink. from my experiece with STF, the waist doesnt shrink much at all but the inseam shrinks quite a bit. any help is much appreciated, thanks

okay, ive searched and tried to search supertalk thru google but couldnt find an answer:

i have a pair of Levis STF and would like to get a pair of LVC 1947s, how is the sizing and shrinkage? i cannot buy them locally so i want to know how much they shrink. from my experiece with STF, the waist doesnt shrink much at all but the inseam shrinks quite a bit. any help is much appreciated, thanks

Here's the LVC thread...lots to read, lots of info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14314

You're right about the length shrinking more than the waist...but frankly, LVC's sizing seems to vary greatly depending on the year, the model and which country you're buying it from. Cultizm is a member here and sells them on their website (and on ebay too I believe) and could probably help you with whatever you need to know.

http://www.cultizm.com/shop/index.php?cat=c14_Levi-acute-s-reg--Vintage.html

I've been looking at Flat Head measurements, and I realized that the sz28 3001 model might be bigger than I'm looking for. So I'm starting my search for a new pair of jeans all over again. Given these measurements, what jeans should I get?

Waist: 27

Thighs: 9-9.5 in across

Knees: 7 in across

Hem: 6.5-7 in across

Seems like New Cure fits the bill. Is there anything else?

Hello, I'm a newbie in raw jeans and I don't really understand everything yet. I have two small question.

1- I see the word "selvedge" all the time, I understand what it means, but what are exactly "non selvedge" "half-selvedge" "selvedge" ? Does it mean the denim will last longuer ? Why do people always show it when selling denim ? Does the colored thread only differenciate fabric as wikipedia says ?

2- I used to be a diesel fan (look like diesel is not really appreciated here), i wear a 32 in them most of the time. What, approximately, waist size whould I take in Nudie or APC or Dior H raw ?

Thanks in advance :) !

Hello, I'm a newbie in raw jeans and I don't really understand everything yet. I have two small question.

1- I see the word "selvedge" all the time, I understand what it means, but what are exactly "non selvedge" "half-selvedge" "selvedge" ? Does it mean the denim will last longuer ? Why do people always show it when selling denim ? Does the colored thread only differenciate fabric as wikipedia says ?

2- I used to be a diesel fan (look like diesel is not really appreciated here), i wear a 32 in them most of the time. What, approximately, waist size whould I take in Nudie or APC or Dior H raw ?

Thanks in advance :) !

I was gonna answer your first question, but I'm pretty sure everything is available in the denim encyclopaedia with regard to techinical quesitons (definitions, etc.):

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

As fas as why stores always show the selvage line when selling the denim...its just a unique selling feature for people who equate selvage with quality denim. Jeans only have so many details that can be put on display...so its purely a marketing thing when its flaunted.

Different coloured selvage means exactly what you said...different bolts of denim. Some companies always use the same colour, some change it with each type of denim they use.

You're correct that Diesel isn't popular here....in time you'll figure out why. As for sizing questions, the best thing to do is look through each company's respective thread. I know the Dior thread has a handy FAQ at the beginning now...you'll see that you have to size down a few for APC's, and Nudies bore me, so you'll have to do that research yourself.

Hey, quick question:

I just bought a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in the black wash, and I'm wondering how often I should wash them? They look pre-washed but there isn't much in terms of whiskering/honeycombing, so I'm wondering if I hold off a couple of months on washing them if I can break them in and add some more whiskering/honeycombing? Will not washing them make any difference in those terms?

Hey, quick question:

I just bought a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in the black wash, and I'm wondering how often I should wash them? They look pre-washed but there isn't much in terms of whiskering/honeycombing, so I'm wondering if I hold off a couple of months on washing them if I can break them in and add some more whiskering/honeycombing? Will not washing them make any difference in those terms?

You won't get very much whiskering with washed jeans...only raw. Wash them when they're dirty.

Guest declasse
Here's the LVC thread...lots to read, lots of info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14314

You're right about the length shrinking more than the waist...but frankly, LVC's sizing seems to vary greatly depending on the year, the model and which country you're buying it from. Cultizm is a member here and sells them on their website (and on ebay too I believe) and could probably help you with whatever you need to know.

http://www.cultizm.com/shop/index.php?cat=c14_Levi-acute-s-reg--Vintage.html

thank you gimme gimme, ive spoken to people at cultizm, i guess there's no way to be sure without physically seeing and trying them. why is it so hard to get the right pair of dry jeans?

thank you gimme gimme, ive spoken to people at cultizm, i guess there's no way to be sure without physically seeing and trying them. why is it so hard to get the right pair of dry jeans?

np...if it was easy, we wouldn't need this forum ;)

you just have to make an educated guess...I take it you're located somewhere where LVC's aren't sold?

Hey I was wondering what Anti-Fit means. I know it probably sounds what it is means but, just wanted to double check ! Also I was wondering why people dry clean their denim ? I thought it would press the creases out and the hardworked honeycombs? My final question is a denim search: I have some Imperial Dukes and I like them alot but I'm getting used to the slim feeling. I was looking for some jeans that had a slim fit but a low rise. Thanks in advanced !!! Oh yeah sorry whats SuFu ?????????

so im planning to pick up a pair of nudies, lookin primarily at the even steven cut, becuz ppl are telling me that they're most similar to the new standards a.p.c which i am very fond of.

my question is, is there any store in manhatan that have them discounted? i remeber reading someone on this site getting a pair for 150 at some store called flying a's in soho? if not anyone got some sites?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic