Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

The biggest loss now that Vintage Paradise have taken down their listings is not having specific measurements for reference (I was lining up a few purchases from them). The RMC site has general measurements for their shirts and outerwear which is hardly very helpful

That's a good point. The VP listings and pics with the "models" sizing were helpful

It's a Real McCoy's day! Just got my Chambray shirt through, wearing with my 004s and N-1 field boots.

Also got a tee and handkerchief. The measurements on superdenim.com were pretty spot on, asides from shoulder (no idea how they measure it, but the shoulder is a good inch larger, which I was betting on!).

photo_zps733402e0.jpg

I'm considering either the McCoys or Freewheelers N-1 for winter outerware. Can anybody comment on the suitability of the N-1 for winters in the northeastern and Midwestern United States (e.g. NYC and Chicago)? the style looks like it should be pretty warm with the alpaca / wool lining, but at what temp would I need to step up to something warmer?

I have the n1. Plenty warm enough with just a shirt or sweat for the British winter last year. Although it was a pretty mild winter with hardly any snow. I imagine it would serve the purpose for ny with more layers.

It is pretty heavy and dense, the alpaca is thick and will stop the wind chill well.

Edited by fre-co

I'm considering either the McCoys or Freewheelers N-1 for winter outerware. Can anybody comment on the suitability of the N-1 for winters in the northeastern and Midwestern United States (e.g. NYC and Chicago)? the style looks like it should be pretty warm with the alpaca / wool lining, but at what temp would I need to step up to something warmer?

Depends on how resistant to cold you are and how long you plan on being outdoors.  I never found any of my WWII repro jackets (B-10s, B-15s, Tankers, zip front deck jackets) suitable when the temp gets down to 20 or colder without multiple layers on under them. And I wouldn't have wanted to brave the sub zero temps we had last winter in those jackets.  Figure your N-1 will be best suited to the 25 to 40 degree range with normal clothing (flannel shirt or a sweater).  Expecting colder than that, invest in down.       

Very happy with this sweat shirt.

I'm not sure which one it is. They have so many different ones.

I'd say, it's a bit lighter, perhaps around 10oz. Perfect for summer evenings.

The cut is quite traditional in that it is short but still long enough for me.

15286329682_ffaa2b9e7c_c.jpg

15286332702_c5a37cc30a_c.jpg

Edited by indigoeagle

Advice on Shrinkage and stretch on JMC lot 991xh guys? Looking at BiG charts I could go as low as a 29 or 30??? Which despite making me feel like I'm young and lean again I'd be reluctant to try if there's a lot of shrinkage. 

Hi,

I am planning to get a RMC A-1 for this winter, I have never owned any RMC leather jackets, I am not really sure what size I should go for. Most of my RMC jackets are in size 40 (927 denim jacket, B-10, 37j1b, coverall jacket, Buco-100). 

I am 177 cm and 168 lbs

Any RMC A-1 owners to share your experience?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am planning to get a RMC A-1 for this winter, I have never owned any RMC leather jackets, I am not really sure what size I should go for. Most of my RMC jackets are in size 40 (927 denim jacket, B-10, 37j1b, coverall jacket, Buco-100). 

I am 177 cm and 168 lbs

Thanks in advance

I'd probably only spunk that sort of cash in-store to get the absolute best fit and the full experience

Hi,

I am 177 cm and 168 lbs

Thanks in advance

I tried one on recently.

I'd say they fit pretty much true to size. Or you might size one up.

How is the length of the RMC B-10?

And which version do you own?

I tried one on recently.

I'd say they fit pretty much true to size. Or you might size one up.

How is the length of the RMC B-10?

And which version do you own?

Thank you for your reply

I will bid the A-1 in the Japanese auction, there is only one RMC A-1(MJ10101) jacket in size 40 in the auction. 

Saw the aw14 stuff fuckin awesome they have a liberty cpo 30,000 yen and they changed the pattern they made it bigger and a varsity with tan sleeves awesome! Joe mccoy ww2 denim jacket and ww2 jeans too! So wow awesome!

I have a pair of Lot 004 and 991xh both in a size 31 that I am letting go together. I've lost weight and both fit too big now. Want to sell them together for $300, to put down on a new purchase. PM if anyone's interested, I'll send pics. Both are in great condition. The crotch on the Lot 004 have been reinforced by Blue in Green, did this as a preemptive.

Good day fellas! :)

I totally want to buy the Ball Park Sweater but I am unsure with the sizes.

I wear one of their sweats in M, the 10oz sports-version, not loopwheeled.

I am 5' 8" and maybe 65 kg - thin!

What do you recommend?

Could be a stupid question, but you just confused me plus the sizing of the two sets isn't the same.

Best

Nemo

Sorry to dig so far into the vaults on this one, but I can't get The Real McCoy's off my mind. Looking to purchase a loopwheeled Ball Park crew neck sweat from either Superdenim or Inventory eventually this week, only not entirely sure how to size. I like the fit you have here Double 0, any guidance you wouldn't mind sharing? I'm ~5'8" and 165 pounds and wear a size L (American sizing) in most t shirts and sweatshirts. Assuming these shrink quite a bit, I'm still debating between a L and even an XL.

Any help is appreciated. Here are a few links to the sweatshirt. I'm assuming they're the same. :

http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=1735

http://store.inventorymagazine.com/collections/the-real-mccoys/products/the-real-mccoys-12-oz-grey-sweatshirt

Thanks.

Edited by Blue Nemo