Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Anyone know how long it should take a shipment of jeans to come to Toronto from Self Edge? I am working on a week now and the status has not changed from in transit in a few days which is slower than normal from California.

It usually takes 4-5 days. If it's longer, then the SOB's in customs got their paws on it. :mad: Happened to me on my last order.

Just got an update on my Iphone... It has arrived in Mississauga and is to reviewed by customs. Mind you the last time I have some go through customs it came from Apolis Activism and it litterally was in and out of customs in ten minutes. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will likely get them Monday or Tuesday.

Just got an update on my Iphone... It has arrived in Mississauga and is to reviewed by customs. Mind you the last time I have some go through customs it came from Apolis Activism and it litterally was in and out of customs in ten minutes. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will likely get them Monday or Tuesday.

Shit, you even live in the same city as me

Gonna find out your waist size and lurk in the bushes by your mailbox come delivery day

hey kiya, what color are the jungle cloth pants exactly? i think my monitor is shit because it appears to be straight olive to me, but a friend said they looked light oatmeal colored to him.

edit:

VVV alright, then give me an idea of what i can compare it to, cause to be honest, "light oatmeal" and "olive" are very different

I was just at Self Edge around 4:00pm PST checking out the Jungle Cloth Sugarcanes and they seemed to be moving out the door pretty quick. If you are gonna order them online I do it sooner rather than later. When they went on sale there were a load of orders placed.

^It would be great to see some fit pics from whoever picked them up.

They're filed under Buzz Rickson online. Maybe you guys should move them to Self Edge? I had a hard time finding them.

Kiya, just might end up keeping my SExIH07 indigos.... i was always nervous because the fit is perfect raw/unsoaked....

what is the shortest cold soak time that will get them ready to be worn but not change the fit to much?

dont plan on them hittin water again for months.

Kiya, just might end up keeping my SExIH07 indigos.... i was always nervous because the fit is perfect raw/unsoaked....

what is the shortest cold soak time that will get them ready to be worn but not change the fit to much?

dont plan on them hittin water again for months.

Soak them in cold water for 10 minutes then take them out of the water and allow them to air dry, that'd have the least impact on the fit.

what if they never touch water??? any effect on the actual wearing or aging of the denim?

Vin - I honestly don't think this is the best idea. I recall reading some comments from Haraki-San saying something along the lines of "If the jeans are broken in without soaking it causes the threading to blow out. The material becomes too hard for the threading." Now I am not positive if he is referring specifically to the 634SR or all of IH's Unsanforized goods?

i really want to try them on. never been a slim jean person usually a straight cut guy, but i got the sexih07bks and am starting to like the slimmer fits..

how do you think the fit compares?

mada - I did not try them on as I felt it would be a form of torture. I originally tried them on when the sample was in store months ago but as I am a tad larger than Japanese Sample sizes, I cannot give you an accurate comparison of the fits. I would however compare the measurements as it may help you out.

The recoup will take you years Lando! :)

Don't I know it!