Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

@Alec LeamasI have 2 regular sleeve Cushman sweats and one freedom sleeve model and l can say that they are definitely worth their weight in gold quality wise. Apart from the neck being slightly too tight they are perfect IMHO. The freedom sleeve is 16 years old and the other two turn 10 this year! Well worth the 100 quid each l paid for them (speedway shop online). 

I still have 2 og buzz sweats which now reside at the GF's house in London but they are like made out of kitchen towel  compared to the Cushmans!

16 years is a bloody good innings for a sweater!! Hoping mine will last that long!

I have every intention of picking up another colour or two in the freedom sleeve, which I believe is slightly shorter collar to waistband than the set-in?

1 hour ago, Alec Leamas said:

16 years is a bloody good innings for a sweater!! Hoping mine will last that long!

I have every intention of picking up another colour or two in the freedom sleeve, which I believe is slightly shorter collar to waistband than the set-in?

Thanks, I'll maybe try and dig it out for a photo or two.

Your guess is as good as mine on that one (or though l could compare my sweats once l've located the freedom sleeve).

I certainly remember my freedom sleeve being more body hugging (sz XL) than the current regular style models in XL that l wear.  Maybe I'll get some shots this coming weekend. 

Ahh fair enough! Mine was also from Clutch.

The loafers are direct from Alden in the US, I used a proxy service to get them shipped here (unsure if that’s necessary but it turned out to be a good and easy experience)

I do believe Clutch stock the machine sewn version of them and would be handy for trying them on I’m sure!

On 9/3/2024 at 9:01 PM, Alec Leamas said:

I do believe Clutch stock the machine sewn version of them and would be handy for trying them on I’m sure!

Ah, good to know. I'm overdue a visit actually. 

Was funny - had a guy round to do the pointing on the rear of our house and on arriving he said "Nice sweatshirt - is that from Clutch Cafe"? Turns out he was as obsessed as I was and we spent the week chatting about clothes. 🤣

On 9/1/2024 at 4:39 PM, Alec Leamas said:

My two penneth on the vintage style sweatshirt game is that the Cushman lot 26903 cannot be beaten.

Providing they don't change the materials or pattern, I'm set for life for sweaters, I've no need to go anywhere else!

image.png.2461fe865c095b1140996c7c6b563009.png

I concur 100%. I have 4 now haha, 2 regular and 2 freedom sleeve. Prices are pretty good at Takeoff BTW and they ship fast too.

On 9/2/2024 at 11:17 AM, Alec Leamas said:

The freedom sleeve ones seem a bit shorter for sure.

Does anyone have any recs for hoodies wherw the front has two separate pockets? I've seen the one from RMC, but wondering if anyone can vouch for that one or other brands? Thanks!

@julian-wolf, thanks I will check them out!

On a side note, do you know any stockists for them (just if you know some off hand, not trying to make you search for me)? I bought a Freewheelers crewneck from McFly once and they appear to have some of these, but just want to see some options. I'm still a bit of a noob on buying from JP retailers, but have had really good experiences with Takeoff, McFly, and Rodeo Japan Pine Avenue.

Edited by jeash90
added question below

14 hours ago, jeash90 said:

Does anyone have any recs for hoodies wherw the front has two separate pockets? I've seen the one from RMC, but wondering if anyone can vouch for that one or other brands? Thanks!

I have a two pocket with an after-hood from Workers that's great. Like everything from Workers it fits very short and square, not going to fit every body type. I also admire a similar one that Warehouse produces under the John Gluckow label. I haven't seen that one in person but the JG items I've gotten a look at I'm over the moon about. It might have a pointed hood though.

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

@jeash90 I’ve gotten my Power Wear wares from Yahoo mostly, so maybe not the best to ask, but I’m sure all the usual suspects stock them. Check out Hoosier, etc

Noted, thanks!

4 minutes ago, aho said:

Any Japanese brands that make an XXL (US XL equivalent)? If not, any good alternatives? Seems they all cap at Japanese XL

I would check out the John Gluckow sweats for this as well. They are produced by Warehouse but the top size on the JG line is at least a full size larger than the largest Warehouse branded sweat, maybe a size and a half. Also true of Dubbleworks, runs a lot larger than regular Warehouse stuff at the top end.

3 hours ago, willi said:

I would check out the John Gluckow sweats for this as well. They are produced by Warehouse but the top size on the JG line is at least a full size larger than the largest Warehouse branded sweat, maybe a size and a half. Also true of Dubbleworks, runs a lot larger than regular Warehouse stuff at the top end.

Ace tip, thank you! Found lots to work with with all of the above, putting in some orders now 😆🙏

Edited by aho

Deluxeware does a “3L (US M)” and a 4L (US L)”. Their standard XL fits similar to a true (but slim) US L, so depending on what you’re looking for those might be good options