Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

There's so many washed jeans now it's impossible to keep track of what Dior's putting out. Some funky ones I came across:

- Paper thin white denim that felt like it was coated with a layer of wax...felt kinda papery, may have even been Tyvek.

- A washed model that is apparently supposed to simulate someone who wore a pair of raws for a while and washed frequently. Even fade in thighs and darker in the shins naturally, and there's like one whisker in the crotch area.

- Paint splattered orange overdyes

- Bleached jeans with very noticeable rips and holes throughout

I'll be interested to see those black patchwork jeans that are like 551 euros from the winter season...

unfortunately I did not buy. Rira has the same pair but in 21 cm. I had seen his before and fell in love with em, so I asked the store clerks if they came in 19cm too, luckily they did. They're definitiely on my "to buy" list though.

didn't rirawin have the grey distressed ones? I dont think they were raw.. I could be wrong though. I need the grey distressed ones so bad. And they were 40% off at dior homme in vegas last week when i was there. But unfortuantely biggest size they had left was a 29. I might have to settle for the raw ones cuz i need more grey jeans.

edit: Beef, did they have that wax coat on them? I was gonna try them on but i wasn't to fond of the coat.

I was wondering how big of a difference there is between the MII and MIJ 19cm Diors. I bought a pair of MII 19cms for $240 and I want to know what the major differences are to justify the huge price difference. Trying to decide if I should return the MIIs and hold out for a pair of MIJs.

Are the MII's not selvege or just lower quality selvege?

The MII's seem very thin compared to my APC's and other selvege jeans i've seen... are the MIJ's thicker?

neither the Italy nor Japan regular raw denims are selvedge...there is a selvedge Japanese made model but I found it incredibly uninspiring. You're better off with the reg MIJ if that's what you're going for.

But based on personal experience and what I have seen on here, the MIIs wear much nicer than the MIJ. Hell if you want some nice Japanese dark denim there's much better options than Dior, as seen from this whole subforum. I think Dior denim separates itself from the rest of the pack with its unique treatments, it could be something as simple as a dirty wash jean but the Dior gets everything just right in the details.

My guess is because Japanese denim is in general held in high regard on this board as a symbol of quality. Add to that the fact that Dior has a desirable reputation as one of the hottest fashion houses that has made its name on selling its image of youth...so everybody wanna get in on the action.

but if you ask me, i'd rather save up and get a black Dior tailored jacket instead, i think that's the brand's true cornerstone item.

i have not heard or experienced that...the MII models that were broken twill are roomier in the thighs as the weave makes the fabric stretchy, but otherwise i have a regular RHT MII Dior jean, 19 cm, and it is just as slim as the MIJ Dior jeans i have/tried on, if not more.

they definitely had the 19cms in black, didn't see any polos though.

I'm not really in a hurry to get a pair, will probably get KMW rockers first. it might be worthwhile keeping an eye on the assin outlet store in prahran, it is about time for mid year sales.

i never know assin open up in prahran..

do they have the 19/21 jeans in prahran ?

I'm not sure if they have dior jeans at the store in south yarra, I haven't been in there myself (i was planning to last month when they had a minimum of 50% off sale).

the address is: 117 toorak road, south yarra

phone no: (03) 9827 4665

you might want to give them a call to see if they have any before you make the trip out there

I'm not sure if they have dior jeans at the store in south yarra, I haven't been in there myself (i was planning to last month when they had a minimum of 50% off sale).

the address is: 117 toorak road, south yarra

phone no: (03) 9827 4665

you might want to give them a call to see if they have any before you make the trip out there

Thx a lot mate !! yeah aussie price is killer..

jeese, jacked up as expected

better off buyin from TheGrapist

isnt it cheaper to buy from browns.com ?

What do you mean by a lot? It certainly does, but by comparison it doesn't bleed nearly as much as some other brands.

I think they bled the most in the first week of wearing them.

Are you in a hurry to go buy them?

I just bought a pair of 19cm MIJ in sz. 31.

I usually wear sz. 32 x 34 acnes.

I can't even button this dior homo jeans all the way up.

Do they stretch a lot? Should I get a 32? Am I gay?

this shit is really tight in the thighs unlike acne max.

I run like 5 miles a day so my legs aren't exactly "chicken legs"

FYI, I never read this subforum and I'm too lazy to search.

Just got your test results in... turns out you're gay.

I'd be grateful if you could answer the first part of my question as well.:o