Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Hey, I have the same deal with workouts getting in the way of jeans fitting. I was wondering what your thighs measure out to as I'm trying to decide whether to get 19s or 21s.

Doesn't really matter - they fit pretty similar through the thigh area.

got my pair of MII 21"cms today. love the fit, seems just right. one problem, the inseam.

id love to stack em, but i have REALLY short legs. im 5'8ish and about a 30" inseam. think ill hem em about 3-3.5 inches and let the rest stack.

cant really complain for the $160 i paid for em :)

Hey, I have the same deal with workouts getting in the way of jeans fitting. I was wondering what your thighs measure out to as I'm trying to decide whether to get 19s or 21s.

The 19cm MIJ's I have, the thigh measures out to be 11" from crotch to outseam. This is for a size 32 btw.

Does the calf area stretch at all on these? I tried on the 19 cm in my size and the calfs were too tight. Would I be better off with a 21 cm?

My calves are pretty big as well at around 15" and mine have stretched a tad bit, enough that they are really comfortable. Stretching occurs from stress and constant wear and movement, so depending on the activity done in yours jeans, they should stretch. The 21cm will definitely be roomier thoguh.

Could someone hed some info on the question below?
Were these the 18cm black jeans/pants? Or were these indeed black raw jeans? If so, then they might've just arrived into the shop or simply nobody tried them on during the time they were there (possible, seeing as we're talking about size 28).

yes they were black raw jeans. Are they sized differently now (perhaps always was) to indigo raw' (i bought mine sep last year)?

hope somebody could clear this up...

Neck Base: 15"

Armpit: 17.5"

Front/back Shoulder: 16"

Chest: 36" (if I don't have a lot of air in my lungs, general "comfortable" minimum) - 37" (breath full of air)

Stomach: 30" (is this where the ribcage ends?)

Waist: 31" (is this where my navel is?)

Hips: 36" (meatiest part of my butt, right?)

Thigh: 21.5" (yes I squat a lot...)

Inseam: 28.5"

Height: 68.5"

Cheers =)

Something pretty horrible happend yesterday....

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436-1.jpg

Skateboarding in the super muggy weather, so the denim was like stuck to my leg. Basically i was working and hoped on my board for like 2 tricks, missed a stall on this bank ledge. One leg on bank and the other leg on my board so it put my into a gymnastic split and I heard the worst sound ever. 1 month old MIJ 19cm freaking busted . It's mostly on the seem so i think i can get them fixed. My boss said they looked like they couldn't be fixed though? What do you guys think? Should i bring in a piece of old denim if they can be fixed to reinforce the crocth area? I really dont wanna stop skating in them, but looks like they might just be too tight.

Thank you for super quick reply! Do you own one of the DH wax jeans? I'm really on the fence right now. 19cm fit and bunch so nice but I've never tried on the 21cm, so I don't know how those would fit. :(

I heard DH wax jeans don't tend to stretch or loosen up at all because of the effect of wax coating. Anybody could confirm this????

Anybody know whether the 21cm one could stack up like this???

6cb31ls3.jpg

clairwax-1.jpg

mine stacks like this

This is why you shouldn't size down 2 sizes....But, sorry to see you ripped 'em like that. It should be fixable, but they won't ever look the same that's for sure.

shit, i sized down 3. will they ever stretch out enough to the point where i can sort of sag them lower on my hips and have the slouch? right now they look like some april 77 skinnies.

I am in somewhat of a pickle, I want to get a pair of black raw 19 cm MIJ jeans. But I can't decide on sizing. I currently have the indigos in size 29, but I've lost some weight since I got them and they run a tad too big, when I put stuff in my pockets I have to wear a belt to prevent them from falling off. They probably would have been a bit big anyway seeing as it wasn't realy hard to button them when they were new. Anyway, now I'm considering wether I should get a pair in size 28 or 27. My natural waist is about 76 cm, or 30".

Considering the waist on the 28's should be around 30" that be quite a safe bet, but should I account for stretch and get a 27?

I am in somewhat of a pickle, I want to get a pair of black raw 19 cm MIJ jeans. But I can't decide on sizing. I currently have the indigos in size 29, but I've lost some weight since I got them and they run a tad too big, when I put stuff in my pockets I have to wear a belt to prevent them from falling off. They probably would have been a bit big anyway seeing as it wasn't realy hard to button them when they were new. Anyway, now I'm considering wether I should get a pair in size 28 or 27. My natural waist is about 76 cm, or 30".

Considering the waist on the 28's should be around 30" that be quite a safe bet, but should I account for stretch and get a 27?

Try em both on if you can. I'd say the DH doesn't stretch as much as APCs, and if yuo think about it... they wont stretch (that much) unless you stretch them. So yeah. I'd go for 28s in your case.... but then i tdepends how tight you like em =0

Try em both on if you can. I'd say the DH doesn't stretch as much as APCs, and if yuo think about it... they wont stretch (that much) unless you stretch them. So yeah. I'd go for 28s in your case.... but then i tdepends how tight you like em =0

Yea, I would if I just could, problem is that the MIJ's aren't available in sizes under 29 (or perhaps 30) in Sweden at the moment :(

Edit: How big is the difference between the predistressed jeans and the raws? All I've heard is that the washed is a bit tighter overall. I tried on a pair of MIJ "Under my car" wash jeans in a size 28 this weekend and the fit was just spot on.

I think people forget about the fact that the smaller/tighter you get them, the more stress they are going to be under and the more they are going to stretch. But this can also mean, rips at the seam, tears, etc. My honest opinion, buy the ones that are fairly tight at first, but you can still button them all the way up. Dior, while the price is high, aren't the most durable jeans ever made (as seen above!).

Neck Base: 15"

Armpit: 17.5"

Front/back Shoulder: 16"

Chest: 36" (if I don't have a lot of air in my lungs, general "comfortable" minimum) - 37" (breath full of air)

Stomach: 30" (is this where the ribcage ends?)

Waist: 31" (is this where my navel is?)

Hips: 36" (meatiest part of my butt, right?)

Thigh: 21.5" (yes I squat a lot...)

Inseam: 28.5"

Height: 68.5"

Cheers =)

awesome, thanks! i'm basically the same measurements, half an inch bigger in the thigh. front squats and squats will get ya.

last minute double check- Brut on LVR is MIJ? I have the page ready to hit enter to confirm my order on 33s and I'm not entirely sure how the Brut Nostalgy argument was settled.

last minute double check- Brut on LVR is MIJ? I have the page ready to hit enter to confirm my order on 33s and I'm not entirely sure how the Brut Nostalgy argument was settled.

yes, brut is made in japan.

buy that shit quick, price is great

One last question...what's the import tax going to run me? It's like $255 right now without that, if it goes over what I could get them in NYC for then fuck it.