Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Unfortunately for you I doubt it. Most people tend to size down with DH jeans and even after a hot soak they will stretch out a bit when worn again.

My actual waist is about a 32. I wear DH 31, and after they stretch out a bit there is plenty of room to breath.

Yea i realize that. I'm thinking of bringing it back to holt renfrew to get the waist altered by an inch or 2. Would that be a good solution?

By the way, the salesman at holt renfrew said this is the last season of dior homme's current designer, and that he moved to marc jacobs. So the next season will have a new designer doing dior homme's clothes. Any info as to whether thats true or not?

Yes Hedi Slimane has left Dior Homme. I havent heard about him designing for Marc Jacobs though.

Kris Van Assche is the head designer for DH now.

By the way, the salesman at holt renfrew said this is the last season of dior homme's current designer, and that he moved to marc jacobs. So the next season will have a new designer doing dior homme's clothes. Any info as to whether thats true or not?

The clerk is wrong on all accounts. Next season is his last, and there hasn't been any word on what Slimane's next move will be.

You are wrong..

Hedi Slimane has already left Dior Homme

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/hedi-slimane-exits-dior/

That among other articles you could find online just by searching

There is no next season, Navigate was the last one with Slimane

His last one is FW07, i.e. NEXT SEASON.

Maybe you live in a part of the world thats fall already.

I should neg rep you again.

I heard about a month ago Slimane might be signing with Gucci... A friend sent me a link. I will ask him about it and repost it here as soon as I talk to him. Or wait, just ask him yourself his

I heard about a month ago Slimane might be signing with Gucci... A friend sent me a link. I will ask him about it and repost it here as soon as I talk to him. Or wait, just ask him yourself his username is Wild Style.

F/W 07/08 was presented back in February, as such he has done it before he left. As such you're wrong, solidricin.

And, yes, he did sign with Gucci group, whatever it's called, but that doesn't mean he's doing the men's Gucci line. Fact remains, it hasn't been announced what he will be doing next.

^^^ If I remember correctly, they have 2 pairs of 34's left and one 36. Not totally sure when the sale will end.

Thanks, I cannot go until tuesday, and I am afraid that either the sale will end by then or there is nothing left. sigh....

Thanks, I cannot go until tuesday, and I am afraid that either the sale will end by then or there is nothing left. sigh....

No offense, but do you even know how sales work? Sale will be on till at least mid-july now... or until they can sell everything they have for this season.

unfortunately I did not buy. Rira has the same pair but in 21 cm. I had seen his before and fell in love with em, so I asked the store clerks if they came in 19cm too, luckily they did. They're definitiely on my "to buy" list though.

did they have any 21cm models on sale?

tried on a pair of MIJ 19cms today at Assin. the waist on a size 28 was a bit loose but it was very fitting everywhere else, most likely buy a 27 if I do buy them. great service at assin, however it seems they have increased the price on their Dior jeans, as the pair I tried on was tagged at $560 AUD.

tried on a pair of MIJ 19cms today at Assin. the waist on a size 28 was a bit loose but it was very fitting everywhere else, most likely buy a 27 if I do buy them. great service at assin, however it seems they have increased the price on their Dior jeans, as the pair I tried on was tagged at $560 AUD.

I noticed this aswell when i tried on a pair about a month back, but I guess they can charge what they please as (correct me if i'm wrong) they are the only dior homme stockist in australia. got to love demand and supply.

i'd look to online sources like luisaviaroma where you might save about aud$100

did notice if assin had DH 19cm black or polos?

they definitely had the 19cms in black, didn't see any polos though.

I'm not really in a hurry to get a pair, will probably get KMW rockers first. it might be worthwhile keeping an eye on the assin outlet store in prahran, it is about time for mid year sales.