Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

One last question...what's the import tax going to run me? It's like $255 right now without that, if it goes over what I could get them in NYC for then fuck it.

LVR charges 50 Euro shipping plus about 10% for customs. But you also have to take into account you will get 20% VAT back, but even then I believe the cost is pretty close to retail here in the U.S.

I basically skate like everyday, and just end up skating in whatever i have on. I thought everyone on here skated in their denim? I didnt think my denim would spit wide open like that, or else i would've skated in something else. Hidesight.. I bought those dior's to wear, and unfortantly shit happens. Although i'm optimistic they can be fixed(have to wait till tomorrow, place was closed today) anyway i'll post pics and try to get the crotch reinforced.

and to piss you off further more, just got a call from a friend, who happened to be at holt today. dior, burberry, miumiu was having almost 30% off. The jean is 225!!!

Hope they still have my size tomorrow.

i take it that's usd?

would us shipping be crazy expensive? i know canucks get jobbed on shipping from the states...

do they even take phone orders?

great stuff sphoxx

and to piss you off further more, just got a call from a friend, who happened to be at holt today. dior, burberry, miumiu was having almost 30% off. The jean is 225!!!

Hope they still have my size tomorrow.

yeah, i'm gonna go check the mtl store after work, but i'm pretty sure the sale is only a vancouver thing to celebrate the re-opening......

yeah, i'm gonna go check the mtl store after work, but i'm pretty sure the sale is only a vancouver thing to celebrate the re-opening......

Well, here's what I know: I got a postcard from Holt Renfrew a while back that as a client (bought some shoes + shirts there) I'm invited to their pre-sale which is on from June 4th to 6th. I went yesterday and instead the whole store was on sale for everyone... so maybe this has something to do with their new store, but either way, June 7th all HRs are going to have sales.

And they only have MII jeans...

no intention to flame, a sincere question, are diors really worth the price? (new/retail).

Depends. At least half of people on SuFu who have Diors would've been better off with some different jeans, but whatever.

(For example, people who skate in their jeans...)

But if you're not buying them for the hype or the brand name, then yes they're worth it.

no intention to flame, a sincere question, are diors really worth the price? (new/retail).

It's all about the fit my man. As far as craftsmanship is concerned, they aren't comparable to other brands of denim, namely the nice Japanese brands. But the denim is soft (if that's what you want) and the fit is like no other jean out there.

Plus, I think they make some of the best pre-washed jeans on the market (they are f'in expensive though!).

It's all about the fit my man. As far as craftsmanship is concerned, they aren't comparable to other brands of denim, namely the nice Japanese brands. But the denim is soft (if that's what you want) and the fit is like no other jean out there.

Plus, I think they make some of the best pre-washed jeans on the market (they are f'in expensive though!).

yup, goldengloves is pretty much on point.

you are paying for the fit,and if you feel like the fit is perfect like i do, the price tag is worth it. quality-wise in terms of the denim, it does not reach the level of japanese repro brands, but i love the details on the diors, pretty much perfect.

also, it's not 15oz denim, so it's more bearable for summer(less resistant though)

First off, that is some nasty damage, Heroshima. Sucks, man.

I've just got a few questions for everyone here. I went to Holt last week to get ideas for my birthday, but there were no raw MIJ's in anything near my size. However, I'm an able-to-button APC NS 29, and from what I've read around here that possibly would make me a MIJ 19's in 29 or 30. I also tried on some non-raw JR Hobo's and I'm a 32 there... so yeah, all over the place, haha. So anyone with experience with all the brands, which size would I fit into? I'd like to stick to the 19cm and not move up to the 21, but if it's a must...

Also, the Holt on Bloor in Toronto has MIJ's, and I was thrown off because I had no idea raw denim could be that soft. $425 there, but they can only manage 28s or 34+.

^^I would go for a 30 waist I think. I am going to estimate you are a true 31 waist or so (JR's usually run on the small side and APC is the opposite), so a 30 should stretch out to be pretty comfortable but not, 'I-can't-have-any-kids-later-on-in-life' tight.

Cheers.

my dior 19cms fit kind of tight (april 77 sort of tight) since i bought them and i'm eager to have them more stretched out and have some of that dior-skinny look with the sag. will giving them a dip in water and then wearing them until their dry give me a more natural, stretched fit?