Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

True if you have bigger thighs from sports, but otherwise you can usually rely on some basic advice. My main point was that going two sizes down is crazy, as the poster before me said, because then people end up with broken clasps no matter what... unless you're super careful.

damn, i sized down 3 sizes from my actual waist (which is 30 so i got the 27's (measures 29 waist prior stretching)), i hope they are ok, my experience with raw denim is that they will stretch out to what u r if u wear them enuf anyway

damn, i sized down 3 sizes from my actual waist (which is 30 so i got the 27's (measures 29 waist prior stretching)), i hope they are ok, my experience with raw denim is that they will stretch out to what u r if u wear them enuf anyway

Stretch out? Ermm if your balls can take squishing and if you are real careful in not bending, stretching etc etc. I have a feeling it may tear any second.

Dont think denim or its stiches cant tear. Happened to an old pair of Armani Jeans I wore. Size 28 but I wore a normal 30. Fitted me nicely but not Dior fit.

After a few years, it did tear. And I was not using it aggressively. Well, I did wear it regularly, like a few times a week for years and washed it very regularly. All the beautiful fading gone to waste.

mm.. lets hope that wont happen to me

i wear a 30' april 77 joey overdrive which i assume has a slimmer fit than the Dior's, so as long as the waist of the dior' stretch a bit, the rest 'should' be fine

How do you like it (gray diors, I mean)? As mentioned previously I didn't find it particularly appealing after trying it on since it was way too big and the legs weren't nearly as skinny as in MIJs.

Yea the legs are rather large. They do retain the antifit though despite. I am still not sure if I am going to keep them or not. The thin denim might work out as I am going to be moving to a hotter, humid climate. If I kept them, I would probably get them hemmed a few inches and tapered from the crotch from a 7 inch hem to a 6 1/4 inch like my MIJs. Right now, they fit a bit like trousers and not a pair of skinny jeans.

Being able to size down would solve all my problems but the American stores dont order sz 26..

face it, the clasp on the waistband on Dior jeans is not a practical aspect of the garment. if you size down the jeans enough so they are snug in the legs as you'd expect a skinny jean to be, of course it's not going to hold. Buy your normal size or a size up and the clasp will remain intact, but the waist is gonna be too big or maybe the legs not as thin as you'd desire. Who cares though - clothes aren't meant to last forever...my dust wash 19 cm clasp came loose and i can swivel it, but it still works. As long as the piece isn't in complete ruins - that's all that matters, right?

Because the majority of male shoppers have waist sizes larger than 30 perhaps?

I'm pretty sure that majority of male shoppers who buy Dior will buy 28 - 34.

Would explain why nobody is buying their 34+ sizes. No offense, but just because majority of male shoppers buy bigger sizes doesn't mean that majority of Dior clientele is in that range. They should've stocked all sizes from 28 to 34, not just even ones... then more people would buy them.

I'm sure to you it's smart though that they stock 30, 32, 34, 36, 38 with equal amounts for each size. Absolutely brilliant buy!

i didn't even know males could have a waist size smaller than 30 before i started reading superfuture.

i am not trying to sound funny, i am serious.

You don't get many asians in Portugal, do you?

I'm pretty sure that majority of male shoppers who buy Dior will buy 28 - 34.

Would explain why nobody is buying their 34+ sizes. No offense, but just because majority of male shoppers buy bigger sizes doesn't mean that majority of Dior clientele is in that range. They should've stocked all sizes from 28 to 34, not just even ones... then more people would buy them.

I'm sure to you it's smart though that they stock 30, 32, 34, 36, 38 with equal amounts for each size. Absolutely brilliant buy!

No offense taken but I don't think Holts is catering to 'Dior clientele' as much as they are catering to ppl who can afford Dior and the other brands in that price range. So having 34+ is definitely reasonable, especially if some older rich guy wants to drop $600+ on a pair of jeans.

No offense taken but I don't think Holts is catering to 'Dior clientele' as much as they are catering to ppl who can afford Dior and the other brands in that price range. So having 34+ is definitely reasonable, especially if some older rich guy wants to drop $600+ on a pair of jeans.

You really can't read, can you. All their pairs above 34+ are untouched. It's been that way for the whole time they've had Dior, they haven't restocked.

Do you get it now?

(They also don't have jeans at $600 pricepoint, it's $200 - $400.)

You really can't read, can you. All their pairs above 34+ are untouched. It's been that way for the whole time they've had Dior, they haven't restocked.

Do you get it now?

(They also don't have jeans at $600 pricepoint, it's $200 - $400.)

The Vancouver market's obviously different because in TO, there's still 28's and 31's on the rack and just one pair of 36.

And there's for damn sure jeans in excess of $400. Or are you the one who didn't read this post?

-price check

just went to bloor holt today, that sale thing is on, so mij are $445 instead of $595, but dont know how long it on for

The Vancouver market's obviously different because in TO, there's still 28's and 31's on the rack and just one pair of 36.

And there's for damn sure jeans in excess of $400. Or are you the one who didn't read this post?

Nah, you're the one who didn't read properly. It's been established that in Vancouver Diors are cheaper. There's no jeans above $400 here. I was there on Saturday, I fucking know!

Bah, there's no point in arguing with you...

i wonder when will some people understand that diors are meant to be worn sagged real low(within reason) because of the way they are cut.

I wouldn't say real low, cause then I imagine MilSpex and I'm sure nobody wants to wear Diors like that—shit would be pretty restricting. ;) But, yeah, definitely sag them a bit.

I snagged these slightly distressed acid wash MII 21cms off eBay the other day, but while the CD tag that came with them is real, it doesn't correspond to these pants (the pants are 30s, tag says 31) and lists a ref. # of 6HH1013707 (http://www.rakuten.co.jp/access-gallery/780819/826956/848661) with a retail of $675. Does anyone know the real ref. #/season of these and the retail at the time? I'm curious.

dior21cm.jpg

I am pretty sure the ref. # of the your jeans is wrong. This denim was from 06 Spring/Summer season. So by right the tag should start with 06EH1011 or 1015.

I just bought some with this product code 5EH101567 E47

anyone know what that means?

5 - The year which this product was produced 5 = 2005, 2=2002

EH - EH for Spring/Summer, HH for Fall/Winter

1015 - The cut, iirc the 1015 might be the straight leg cut.

The last few numbers are ref. # for the specific model and color.

I am pretty sure the ref. # of the your jeans is wrong. This denim was from 06 Spring/Summer season. So by right the tag should start with 06EH1011 or 1015.

they have these jeans on sale here in the philippines at Homme et Femme for $200+

should I take advantage of this sale?

i meant to quote the picture of the acid washed diors.

sorry

i guess not that many people wear dior here so not everyone is trying to snatch everything up from the sale.

all the dior denim they have there are washed and the prices are so cheap.

i meant to quote the picture of the acid washed diors.

sorry

i guess not that many people wear dior here so not everyone is trying to snatch everything up from the sale.

all the dior denim they have there are washed and the prices are so cheap.

Define 'cheap' and what exactly do they have there? Do they have waxed denim? MIJ jeans?