MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the waist really that small?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc47161ma/

im a 34, but the measurement of the 34 is slightly above 32 inches. maybe the measurement is off or something but that is off putting.

The correct measurements will be up at Self Edge's site on wednesday night...

Those are quite off..

ive been stalking this page lately. kiya will you guys be getting these http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc47161ma/ ? or when.

We have those right now in stock... in-store only.. they're going up on our site wednesday night.

The modified version of last seasons 6oz. denim shirt is the 189md "Liberty issue" shirt, done in a 11oz. version of the SC301 denim (otherwise known as the Okinawa).

I went for a raw L in this and after a hot soak and throwning it in the dryer it shrunk down a whole size and fits me perfectly now. And yes I did indeed throw it in the dryer, I figured I'd get all shrinkage out of the way, it also gave me some nice wear on the arms already as the first thing I did with it on was scrubbing the hell out of the inside of the dryer...

Aside from shrinking the shit out of it, the dryer also stained everything that could possibly absorb some more indigo, blue, including all tags and the backside of the denim.

I started wearing it while damp to set some wear in, and not only did that give me very sharp/defined elbow combs, it also made the whole bottom hem roll up a bit, something wich I really like alot.

While the idea of a 11oz. denim shirt with rainbow stitching might sound kind of scary to some, it actually makes for a very low key, and surprisingly soft shirt, wich doesn't even look like a traditional denim shirt as there is no contrast stitching visible on the outside. In fact, it won't be flashy at all untill you cuff the sleeves...

3005672803_c76088ba77_o.jpg

3006510388_40e7bb4f57_o.jpg

3006511652_a31afc60d2_o.jpg

3006508418_d851962438.jpg

"Modified" label sewn on top of original label, note how stained blue all of them are...

3006508674_a384d5d014.jpg

MFSC Mermaid Liberty Cuffs, here is a good place to start if you want to know more about liberty cuffs,

3005673813_0089a37e99.jpg

Selvedge gussets and rainbow chainstitch run off

3006510862_e11cc2efc2.jpg

Selvedge ticker fabric passport pocket, again, notice that is is stained blue...

I FUCKlNG CLEANED IT!!!

I think you missed one key word out of my previous post, "temporarily".

:)

I went for a raw L in this and after a hot soak and throwning it in the dryer it shrunk down a whole size and fits me perfectly now.

OK, so one size up? i just hope that the biggest size is a 48 in raw in the chest, because i need to end up with a 46 after the already described procedure.

nice post, sam!

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #1

One of our favorite lines here at Self Edge, Mister Freedom comes back with the second installment in the story of a Merchant Navy Sailor in the 1930's who had his clothes custom-made by the local Naval Base Tailor as he cruised around the world.

The second chapter of this concept is he sailor's last cruise that took him to the cold waters of the Souther Indian Ocean, after serving ten years in the Navy.

This Winter Collection, "The Last Cruise, Salty Years" focuses on extreme weather gear, custom Naval Tailor-made.

Our Sailor had become an "old salt" (an experienced seaman) by then and his clothes were weathered and faded by sea water, sun and wear. Although non-regulation, a popular practice since the 1920's for Navy enlisted men, was to have custom "LIBERTY CUFFS" and multicolored stitching added to their uniforms by local tailors. Sewn on the inside of the garment and invisible to the patrol officers, the fancy cuffs were rolled up and displayed while on shore leave.

The sailor CPO denim shirt and forthcoming denim Pea Coat are "LIBERTY ISSUE", customized by the MFSC Naval Base Tailor, featuring a mermaid patch (also used as a secret money pocket) and hidden custom stitching in the form of a inner rainbow chainstitch.

The collection also includes a Modified Type of jungle cloth Deck Jacket, a pair of Modified Type 7161 denim jeans, a wool/cotton sweater, a rain hat, and an undershirt. MF has also reissued the extremely popular chambray shirt from last season.

We've done something a bit special again for this photo-shoot, modeled by Samuel de Goede, shot by Sidney Lo, then each main photograph was digitally processed by Ordo, also check the online store for hi-res shots of the rest of the details.

The 7161md Jeans, Foul Weather Hat, CPO Overshirt, Chambray Shirt, and Mister Freedom T-Shirts are now available in-store and in our online store, these items are made in small runs and restocks are not available. Please check the online store product pages for far too much information on every single piece in the collection:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74

MF_jeans_01-756365.jpg

MF_cpo_02-717408.jpg

MF_cpo_01-717307.jpg

MF_anchor_tee_01-739132.jpg

MF_anchor_tee_02-739194.jpg

MF_jeans_tee_01-717262.jpg

MF_peacoat_tee_01-777511.jpg

MF_peacoat_tee_02-1-717174.jpg

MF_bucket_01-777449.jpg

MF_ChambrayShirt_01-752159.jpg

This new line is so over the top and amazing. I just picked up the CPO and am buying the Chambray this weekend...I honestly don't imagine I will wear any other shirts for the next few years. I hope a pair of MFSC boots are on the way...I can't imagine what they would be like, but I am willing to bet I would be into them.