MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks not being able to afford any of those awesome pieces, especially the indigo pullover

You can always turn tricks for Mister Freedom.

-Jake

Found some pics on Sidney's blog of the new batch of jeans

Those are wicked... I don't think a new batch though. I think "Type 2" just references Christophe's custom back pockets (which are wicked).

I thought I read that the new one's were gonna be a new version of the 7161 more or less, with more uniform denim, and the leather pocket added?

They also wouldn't carry the same number 7161 I assume. The ones at Self Edge now, with the assymmetrical pockets are 7163. 7165 coming up?

Just to clarify, the pics Sid took are of Christophe's second pair of 7161's that he himself added the backpockets onto.

He then used that shape on the 7161md. wich is the model that will be in the coming collection.

They basicly are a modified version of the 7161's, they won't have the Edo-Ai kneepatch and details but will still be Hawaii and Okinawa fabrics mixed. However both denims used are very dark and initially very much like eachother colourwise as Christophe picked the darkest batches of denim for the new jeans.

They will be stitched in all black, have black painted buttons and will have the horsehide A2-type leather side pocket.

In other words, HOTNESS!!!

There was another, older Mister Freedom thread around, I merged that into this thread and renamed the thread to just Mister Freedom.

The first couple of pages of the thread will look a little different as they are actually the old thread, but atleast that discouraging hardwash pic isn't the first thing people see when they open the thread.

Talking about hardwashes, Sugarcane did a far less offensive job for the coming season, quite decent actually, basing the washes on Mister Freedom's own worn in items, not bad at all!

As you were...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to see how the horsehide pocket affects the drape of the jean leg on these. As soon as someone has fit pics, I'd love to see them.

-Jake

It doesn't at all, at this point the whole jean in still so stiff that the extra piece of leather doesn't matter.

I've been wearing mine for almost a week now but havn't gotten a chance to take good fit pics. Will do soon.

I decided to go for my normal waist (32, the 7161's I had in a 34) and that turned out great, they slim down really well.

Cloudhands, I basicly answered your question earlier on this page...

I saw the 7161MDs in person Friday and am amazed that I didn't buy them...I probably will soon.