更是有別於一般褲子的製作以不對稱的方式去補強

這樣一件褲子光是製作的工時花費就已經多到難以想像

而設計者的功力更是讓人佩服

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dscf0119vo3.jpg

This is a pair of MF x SC pants. It's one of my favorite pieces from this season (FW08).

Mr. Loiron from Mister Freedom designed and manufactured these pants with Sugarcane. Mr. Loiron was from the US Navy, and as such loves the culture and dress of navymen. In addition, he's also an avid motorcycle rider.

As a result, Loiron combined Navy and biker influences to design these pair of pants. Aside from the main part of the pants being produced from special high-density cotton (cotton from N-1 Navy jackets?), the lining and pockets are made from Sugarcane's own denim fabric-- that is to say that there is made of a mix of sugarcane and cotton.

img55724759bf8.jpg

img55724760mb0.jpg

img55724761iz4.jpg

img55724762nr8.jpg

There are several practical details from the pants that are designed to make motorcycle riding easier.

dscf0108fu7.jpg

Usually, when we ride bikes our posture looks like the picture above. (It seems as if the bike is lower and your feet are more curved in)

The majority of all bikes are designed so you have to squeeze your inner-thighs against the engine and cylinders. Therefore, one has to be careful not to burn or scald oneself from the heat.

dscf0111jv4.jpg

In their pair of pants, there is an extra reinforcement fabric in the inner-thigh to solve that problem.

Aside from that, Loiron has also considered how to make longer riding sessions more convenient. This is show by his inclusion of a pocket in the calf area.

dscf0114bv3.jpg

By adding this detail, Loiron has made riding seem more free and convenient.

The lower your bike is, the more convenient it is.

dscf0113pk7.jpg

You can clearly see how the pocket is used from this angle.

dscf0122zd9.jpg

The cut of the pants is not too wide or too loose. It can easily be worked into a wardrobe.

something like that... I won't have time to translate the rest until maybe two days from now. TWEEDS??

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #2

One of our favorite lines here at Self Edge, Mister Freedom comes back with the second installment in the story of a Merchant Navy Sailor in the 1930's who had his clothes custom-made by the local Naval Base Tailor as he cruised around the world.

The second chapter of this concept is the sailor's last cruise that took him to the cold waters of the Southern Indian Ocean, after serving ten years in the Navy.

This Winter Collection, "The Last Cruise, Salty Years" focuses on extreme weather gear, custom Naval Tailor-made.

Our Sailor had become an "old salt" (an experienced seaman) by then and his clothes were weathered and faded by sea water, sun and wear. Although non-regulation, a popular practice since the 1920's for Navy enlisted men, was to have custom "LIBERTY CUFFS" and multicolored stitching added to their uniforms by local tailors. Sewn on the inside of the garment and invisible to the patrol officers, the fancy cuffs were rolled up and displayed while on shore leave.

The sailor CPO denim shirt and denim Pea Coat are "LIBERTY ISSUE", customized by the MFSC Naval Base Tailor, featuring a mermaid patch (also used as a secret money pocket) and hidden custom stitching in the form of a inner rainbow chainstitch.

The collection also includes a Modified Type of jungle cloth Deck Jacket, a pair of Modified Type 7161 denim jeans, a wool/cotton sweater, a Denim CPO Overshirt, a Wool Watch Cap, a Denim Pea Coat, a Jungle Cloth and Chambray Rain Hat, and three different t-shirts. MF has also reissued the extremely popular chambray shirt from last season.

We've done something a bit special again for this photo-shoot, modeled by Samuel de Goede, Sidney Lo, and Haptronic, shot by Sidney Lo, then each main photograph was digitally processed by Ordo. Also, check the online store for hi-res shots of the rest of the details and a massive amount of information about each individual item.

The new Denim Pea Coat, Foul Weather Coat, Indigo Knit Sweater, and Wool Watch Cap are now available in the online store. Last week's release of the 7161md Jeans, Foul Weather Hat, CPO Overshirt, Chambray Shirt, and Mister Freedom T-Shirts are also now available in-store and in our online store, these items are made in small runs and restocks are not available. Please check the online store product pages for far too much information on every single piece in the collection:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #2

MF_peacoat_02-1-732634.jpg

MF_peacoat_01-732563.jpg

MF_foulweather_01-727461.jpg

MF_sweater_01-727523.jpg

MF_beanie_01-788380.jpg

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #1

MF_cpo_02-717408.jpg

MF_cpo_01-717307.jpg

MF_jeans_tee_01-717262.jpg

MF_bucket_01-777449.jpg

MF_ChambrayShirt_01-752159.jpg

cpo

looks like they restocked our size. kinda pissing me off but whatevs.

Hahahaha what about this could piss you off? It pisses me off because I was relieved when you said you got the last one. Pissed at Cotton too because he almost has me convinced to buy one...

(why do I still check this thread???)

E: I just bought the last large...I hope I love it.

Hahahaha what about this could piss you off? It pisses me off because I was relieved when you said you got the last one. Pissed at Cotton too because he almost has me convinced to buy one...

(why do I still check this thread???)

E: I just bought the last large...I hope I love it.

oh well probably love it. no definitely.

People seem to be confused by the shrinkage on the CPO still.

When I said that mine shrank a full size I meant that my shrunken Large fitted as a raw Medium.

When I first tried it on at Mister Freedom he had soaked shirts hanging to check shrinkage. I tried on a raw Medium, and I tried on a soaked Large and they fitted the same.

It's like with trying on raw unsanforized jeans, you find wich size fits you and then you go one up from that.

So for the shrunken measurements of a L look at the raw measurements of a M.

Note that I hot soaked and dried mine on the highest setting, so it shot a little over the raw measurements, nut nothing I can't deal with, I can still wear it over another button up no problem.

Hope this clears things up.

Also, I don't know how it happened but over the last couple of days of constant wear the denim kind of "exploded" and all these small "knots" appeared on the surface, reall pretty!

^ the duck actually put up a bunch a couple or few pages back. but this is the one that sold it for me. look at it.

Found this pic on Mr. Freedoms site hopefully it is alright to share another perspective of the amazingly beautiful CPO Overshirt. Sorry about the size but I think it needs to be this big to see some of the amazing detail.

2935186801_2c0a418ccb_o.jpg

3043900122_914ab5299a_o.jpg

Never been so happy to see the FedEx man as I was this morning. This jacket

is amazing. So many details it would take a whole page of post to list them all.

Also I have been sick with the flue the past few days, as soon as I put the

jacket on all flue symptoms disappeared. Thank You MR. FREEDOM!!!!

Jimmy, it sounds like both you, and from this picture, the jacket. are sick. A couple of questions for you:

1) What size is it and did you order your usual size?

2) How warm is it?

3) When you are no longer sick, would you mind shooting some detail shots?

Thanks! That jacket is just too cool. It's a great blend of two of my favorite WW2 Naval jacket styles.

-Jake

Ok jake here is what I can tell you right now.

I got a size 40 based on the measurements on Self-Edge. Sid and I talked

about it and he felt that 36=S, 38=M, 40=L, 42=XL and 44=XXL. I could

wear a 42 but it wold fit me differently (not as slim I would say). I asked

Sidney if he could still move his arms around in the 36 he modeled (which

fit him slim) and he said he could so I went with my usual sizing. The chest

measurement for the size 40 was 46" on the Self-Edge site. i just checked

my chest measurement with the jacket on and it's just over 43". I hope all

that helps you but if you have more questions just ask and i'll get back to you.

The jacket is VERY warm. The navy blanket lining feels very nice and when you

move around in the jacket you can hear the windproof lining make a crinkling

sound (which i'm sure will fade in time). I went outside in it and felt warm in the

wind. Kiya had mentioned that this jacket will last a life time and when you put

it on that is exactly how it feels.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Ok jake here is what I can tell you right now.

I got a size 40 based on the measurements on Self-Edge. Sid and I talked

about it and he felt that 36=S, 38=M, 40=L, 42=XL and 44=XXL. I could

wear a 42 but it wold fit me differently (not as slim I would say). I asked

Sidney if he could still move his arms around in the 36 he modeled (which

fit him slim) and he said he could so I went with my usual sizing. The chest

measurement for the size 40 was 46" on the Self-Edge site. i just checked

my chest measurement with the jacket on and it's just over 43". I hope all

that helps you but if you have more questions just ask and i'll get back to you.

The jacket is VERY warm. The navy blanket lining feels very nice and when you

move around in the jacket you can hear the windproof lining make a crinkling

sound (which i'm sure will fade in time). I went outside in it and felt warm in the

wind. Kiya had mentioned that this jacket will last a life time and when you put

it on that is exactly how it feels.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Thanks Jimmy, that helps. I too, would want this jacket to fit slim. My chest measurement is about 45 inches, so it's annoying. In most things I am between a L and XL. The chest measure seems to be that a 42 is the way to go, but it's always hard to tell via the net. I had some concern that the wool blanket lining would make it difficult to wear over a t-shirt, but it sounds like soft wool, rather than a traditional wool blanket lining which is itchy.

It's a combination of this jacket:

http://www.historypreservation.com/hpassociates/images/n1_montage.jpg

And this one:

http://www.historypreservation.com/hpassociates/images/dk_hk_mont_48.jpg

It's basically perfect. Instead of the alpaca lining of the first, it has the wind/waterproof lining of the second. And instead of the knit bottom of the second, it has the drawstrings of the first. Perfect. And given that Sugarcane and Buzz Rickson are both owned by the same company, it makes sense that Mister Freedom was able to have them construct such a genius jacket.

Sorry for the ramble.

I look forward to some other pics, Jimmy, thanks for your help.

-Jake

jimmyc

What size Self Edge, and Flat Head shirts do you wear?

I wear M (42) in Self-Edge shirts and 42 in Flathead shirts.

This fit me fine everywhere but just like Cotton Duck I sometimes have issues with

sleeve length.

hope that helps.