MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

been looking for a sz M MF chambray ever since i found out the line came out (i missed it at SE), now ive finally found a sz L for sale but wonder what the shrinkage will be if any? i'm a 42 and its listed at 44, will this shrink at all?

thanks for any help in advance

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, and I think I can speak for Bill in this aswell, we were both very fond of the cuffs, however, here's why I had to let them down on mine:

2179008801_3a1957ed81.jpg

The jeans only came in one length, and well, not everbody has the same leg length obviously...

I simply had to if I wanted to wear the jeans post shrinkage...

Damn right! Post shrinkage they were just an inch shorter than I wanted them without ANY cuff. Just needed those inches

been looking for a sz M MF chambray ever since i found out the line came out (i missed it at SE), now ive finally found a sz L for sale but wonder what the shrinkage will be if any? i'm a 42 and its listed at 44, will this shrink at all?

thanks for any help in advance

If it's raw it'll shrink one ENTIRE size down after a wash.. the chambray shirts shrink quite a bit in our experience.. There's recut of that shirt happened, it's being released in October, same exact shirt/price/specs.

Teaser photos of the Fall line, coming soon..

Wednesday.

Shit is straight BSP status.

The line is twice the size as last time, and every piece delivers...

Is the price range about the same? The peacoat is delicious, and I think my bank account will be hurting after this new line drops...

The new peacoat is about $800, four weather coat is $950, jeans are $430, crewneck sweaters are about $195, t-shirts are $90...There's more to the line though..

Photos tomorrow.

I'd like to note, the prices i quoted weren't "just higher", there's a reason the prices have gone up.

The complexitiy within the materials and the construction has been stepped up, and a few of the pieces are true outer wear pieces which will keep you from freezing in extremely cold climates.

I was not complaining about the prices as I know they are set they are for a reason, the quality and detail is amazing on my coat. I am just glad that I got a piece pf the MF line when I did since I will be back at school with my budget being tighter, although I will try and set aside some for this season

Mister Freedom Fall 2008 Preview.

Available in October at Self Edge

The new peacoat is about $890, foul weather coat is $800, jeans are $430, crewneck sweaters are about $195, t-shirts are $90, denim shirt is $380...

Deadstock 1950's T-Shirts, Mister Freedom Screened:

IMG_0735-1.jpg

Indigo Crewneck Pullover:

IMG_0736.jpg

Denim Overshirt:

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Deck Peacoat:

IMG_0741-1.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

And the winner... our favorite piece, The Foul Weather Deck Coat:

IMG_0744-1.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

A full photo shoot and photos of the rest of the line including specs will be release on our site at the end of September with Cotton Duck doing the wearing of the pieces.

These photos, as expected, do NOT do the line justice.. you must really see these pieces in person to fully realize their intensity and attention to detail.

god damn, can't wait to see the rest of the line. kiya, how does the new denim peacoat differ from the older one, externally? the detailing and stitching on the inside looks awesome

The buttons look different to me. Also, the new ones strappy thing on the left side of the neck underneath the collar shows as denim, as opposed to the old one which was striped. I think.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally saw the new stuff in person yesterday and as I already expected it's amazing, Christophe is going into details in a way that as far as I'm concerned has not previously been seen in this corner of fashion. And while Kiya highlighted quite some flashy details in the pictures above I feel that the stuff doesn't come across as over the top flashy, quite the opposite actually. The jeans bumped themselves up to no1 position on my "want" list. They really are the "type 2" of the 7161's. Perfect for people who thought the first ones were a bit too much with the different denim, and now with the much asked for leather pocket (look back to the 2nd or 3rd page on this thread).

edit: upon closer inspection I found out that the new jeans are also made out of 2 different types of denim, but so subtley done that I missed it the first time around.

To answer some of the questions above, the peacoat is the same cut as before, but with different details, the inside of the chinstrap is now wool for example. It's a winter version basicly, and will keep you warm for sure.

Another thing, all this time I thought that my 7163's had hardly faded, but seeing them next to a new pair they have definitely changed, while there isn't that much contrast yet, their overall colour turned to a beautifull greenish aqua in comparison with the new blue.

• 3 weeks later...

"While Mister Freedom is based in Los Angeles, the label is available in stores throughout Japan and the denim-friendly store Self Edge in San Francisco stocks the brand. Rumor has it that the new men’s J. Crew store on West Broadway will carry part of the Mister Freedom collection."

http://acontinuouslean.com/2008/07/29/the-real-life-navy-ism-mister-freedom/

any truth to this rumor, NYC sufu members?

• 2 weeks later...