MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

The new collection may not appeal to the denim sailors and bikers on here, but it could appeal to another crowd, you know... Still, I'm looking forward to seeing everything in detail.

I know how you feel, Doc. I have a lot of stuff to break in before I should even think about buying anything else.

you will see the collection way sooner than me, and i cant wait to have your opinion.

Can anyone sense MF fans trying to convince themselves that the new collection is somehow OK?

one cannot love everything just because its MF tagged.

first time i saw 7161 i was not at all interrested in, once i saw a pair in real i became instantly addicted to the MF style and quality ....

on a denim forum it is understandable to be puzzled when someone as big as MF launches a new collection without a piece of jeans.( we were surewarned by Kiya.....:) )

but enough talking lets see the stuff for real.

Personally, I can see Doc and Eltopo rocking the grey pants in the top right hand corner with the suspenders of the same fabric (as well as a navy pair as I'm guessing will be made). Those things are awesome! I can't wait to get those. I hope the elastic straps have some sort of MF logo on them. The shirt in the top left looks awesome too. I'm guessing those are the two things I'll pick up.

I bet once we see the pieces on bodies well all be more stoked on it.

Jared said the fabrics are insane. I just hope the shirts aren't too long on me. Being 5'7" a lot of shirts are down to the arcuates.

i am pretty sure i could wear those pants yes. fabrics will be insane yes and frenchies tuck their shirts in so no worries

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hung out with the deer today in the backyard. Here are a couple photos of the deck jacket. This Sunday I hate to say it but I think your wrong. Attack with Stones that is definitely one of the pieces. I can't wait for the new stuff, super excited for the new collection.

www.banditphotographer.com

sfd.jpg

sfd10.jpg

sfd7.jpg

awesome pics eltopo here and in the roy thread, cant rep you at the moment.

i hink the new collection makes great sense. from american biker thugs to now fench thugs, so its just another subculture on another continent. it reminds me of the great book by jon savage Teenage. and one can see how personal and somehow autobiographical christoph works. and after all they are just cloting from the turn of the century up to the 20s.

really interested in seeing the new collection. Although I'm still not sure whether I'll be picking up a piece (does not really match with the rest of my outfit) its nice to see MF exploring other styles

Can anyone sense MF fans trying to convince themselves that the new collection is somehow OK?

My take, not that it's worth anything: Mister Freedom has always been a mixed bag. There have always been a handful of pieces that everyone gets behind, a lot of pieces a niche gets behind and a few pieces that only a handful embrace. This collection will be no different. I see a lot of people (relatively speaking) getting on board with the shirts. There is going to be some outerwear at some point, and I suspect these will be universally well received. The pants are probably only going to appeal to a few people.

Historically speaking, only a few posters ever adopted complete brand synergy with any Mister Freedom collection, anyway. I suspect the same will hold true for this collection.

My take, not that it's worth anything: Mister Freedom has always been a mixed bag. There have always been a handful of pieces that everyone gets behind, a lot of pieces a niche gets behind and a few pieces that only a handful embrace. This collection will be no different. I see a lot of people (relatively speaking) getting on board with the shirts. There is going to be some outerwear at some point, and I suspect these will be universally well received. The pants are probably only going to appeal to a few people.

Historically speaking, only a few posters ever adopted complete brand synergy with any Mister Freedom collection, anyway. I suspect the same will hold true for this collection.

Well said, in my opinion. Also, I think it's worth pointing out that each collection MF has released has been picked over and dissected by this board, and each time there has been some sense of "last years collection was better" - which always dissipates with time and the actual release of the collection. Well, that and Eltopo fit pics.

Yup. There was another photo of him wearing it floating around. He's also on the Hall of Fame in the MF website.

I feel like after the Roy Contest started and this Cone LVC explosion everyone who picked up the Californians got over them quickly.

I'd love to see anyone's worn pair, Id love to see some good wear on em.

Me too. I still would love to get a pair.

Woke up in a strange mood, my Californians are soaking right now. I've just been keeping them on ice ever since I got them, hope they fit good or I'll be posting a size 32 up for sale, which would be a shame.

Good luck. You can hugely affect the final size by either soaking cold, if they're small, stretching the waist if necessary, or washing hot, 95 celsius, if they're big. Don't sell them, you'll regret it!

DO NOT put them in the dryer!

If you want them to srhink wash them hot - 95 degrees is just below boiling, so use maximum temp of your washing machine. You will get nearly three inches of shrinkage in the waist that way. No soap, take them out before the spin cycle.

Putting them in the dryer leaches out all the resins, and some of your indigo will go. Cone, who made that fabric, advise against putting them in the dryer.

RNR, I still really want to pick up a pair of the Cali's too. Instead of getting them I got my pair of 7161MDs since they are so much older and I didn't want to miss out on them. I don't regret getting them at all as they are the coolest jean ever. I just wish I had some Cali's to rock too.

Xchen, I am a 32 waist so if they are a total fail in your eyes, Id be willing to talk! But I hope they work for you.

DO NOT put them in the dryer!

If you want them to srhink wash them hot - 95 degrees is just below boiling, so use maximum temp of your washing machine. You will get nearly three inches of shrinkage in the waist that way. No soap, take them out before the spin cycle.

Putting them in the dryer leaches out all the resins, and some of your indigo will go. Cone, who made that fabric, advise against putting them in the dryer.

I put my Rider's in the dryer to shrink them further. They're ruined? All is lost (seriously)?

I put my Rider's in the dryer to shrink them further. They're ruined? All is lost (seriously)?

Paul T was talking about the Californians. They have the cone denim. The riders are a sugarcane textile. Does not mean they will not suffer the same fate. I can't really tell what you are saying with all the question marks. Lets see some photos. I hope your pants are really not ruined.

I just hot soaked my riders. Much happier with the fit. I went hot out the tap and added a near boiling pot of water after the water started to cool down. I will try and post a fit pic later.

What's done is done. It's pretty difficult to ruin denim, it was made for proper hard-working, hard-living people after all!

Don't worry about it, I'm sure they'll look great, just bear in mind a hot wash is probably more effective, with fewer side effects, than using the dryer.