Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Sorry about your camo pocket. I was holding my breath when I checked mine. Not sure how the thin brown material on my main pocket is going to hold up...

B

Edited by buler
can't spell

My picture is comically bad, but those are the jeans, and the iPad is displaying the front page of the local paper with today’s date. Temps are pleasant today so I think I’ll be wearing them all day. Good luck everyone!

Edited by justintk

22 minutes ago, Ar_thor said:

I might be an idiot for not noticing in the pictures but the first and last belt loop are very close? Anyone know the historical reason for this?

I was told by Ryo and Hiro a long time ago that this is periodically correct for a WW2 model. Al my Ooe 03’s are also like this. 

9 minutes ago, Tiro said:

I was told by Ryo and Hiro a long time ago that this is periodically correct for a WW2 model. Al my Ooe 03’s are also like this. 

Fair enough - this is the only WW2 model I own. It would still be interesting to know the reasoning behind this though.

3 minutes ago, Ar_thor said:

Fair enough - this is the only WW2 model I own. It would still be interesting to know the reasoning behind this though.

Since the waist overall evolved from suspender buttons, there was an overlap of continuing the buttons and adding belt loops. I'm speculating that the belt loops were positioned this way based on still having the suspender buttons on the waistband. Just a guess.

B

7 minutes ago, Ar_thor said:

@bartlebyyphonics That looks like a very good fit to be honest.

thank you thank you

very sorry for those whose pairs don't work (if too small exchange via ryo asap sez i) but very encouraged with the fits over the last few pages: really really strong showing...

and @Nayuta and all you other scribblers - great pocket drawings!