Denime

The jeans are pretty close. I think the new ones are a little bit more tapered and the inseam is shorter. 

@oomslokop denim looks and feels pretty good and loke the old one but it barely shrank in the wash, like a lightly sanforized denim. That said, i only know the Shins XX denim. I don't know how the first XX was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@bod is right, this model uses the 14.5oz XX denim which was used from Wego before the 30th Anniversary Original Line was released. 

I think the fit is a slim straight but you will know it better when you already have the jeans.

The leather patch design is indeed one of thw anniversary models but under Wego they used it also for regular releases and this is one of the regular releases. 

@roomtemplacroix Denime was/is not very clear with their models and besides the XX, 66 or 66XX they offered a lot of different models and getting the right descrpition isn't easy. This was already true under Orizzonti and Shins the case and with McCoys/Wego it wasn't a lot clearer. Too bad the old Denime webshop is down, there you could find some more infos.

So it's hard to say if these are the same cut as the 66 model but I doubt it. It's more likely a unique cut.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers all! They have gotten pretty fragile at this point and some of the repairs are not pretty up close. But the way these wear is pretty incredible.

I have a more recent pair of 66XX (have to revisit @beautiful_FrEaK's posts to recall which generation they are, but I got them 3 years ago form Frisbee) that I have been machine washing and drying regularly to see what will happen. If I get a chance to take pics I'll do some side-by-side.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:45 PM, oomslokop said:

also inevitable question, how's the "handfeel" on the denim?

I have before xx model Orizonti era..tha fabrics somehow feel like oily overtime it fade fast too..love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(apologies for the edits, I'm not on forums much these days and got completely confused trying to post images)

This is another pair of 66s that I've worn for about three years and washed and tumble dried warm/hot regularly to see what would happen. And they're one size bigger, so they definitely wore a little differently. But I use them hard and I think the somewhat frequent washing has been good for durability, I've needed to do zero repairs so far. The inside pocket tag is gone, but I believe that these are Shins-era, like the ones posted above. Maybe someone can tell from the rivets?

image.thumb.png.be62da3b6070e434388b0f4dc9acf615.pngimage.thumb.png.87f22ae8c56839f5da89b98f5ab95f5d.png image.thumb.png.d86c84f7691d043454cf7ac36bd3ad7d.pngimage.thumb.png.6d8ebe9b24c21bea39ef1dcb120ae38d.png

Side-by-side with the pair posted above:

image.thumb.png.6c8627066ec3cb8a6f3e2ddc059f54f2.pngimage.thumb.png.f58c9262af82d41b48cf8942d1637378.png 

Edited by mackie

• 3 weeks later...