Denime

Fitpic of the XX (Orrizonti) as promised...

iAH3EHa7e1DiJ.JPG ibg1umPRqayJhO.JPG

i362tI1lIPaS3.JPG

The seat is abit too full for my liking right now, might try some really hot soak to try slimming it down

Needless to say, the fabric is superb, construction is quite sloppy though (especially compared to the other 4)

^ah ha! No wonder you're putting the Ooe's to rest for a while...Looking forward to your updates; are you able to post pictures of the "sloppy construction" by any chance? Always curious to see older era Denime details...

BTW, fit is ideal for me, they'll relax in the seat area after they break in and have a few washes!

Edited by aho

@aho

Sorry to disappoint...actually I am currently still rotating Evisu & Kapital indefinitely, this pair might be the next in line, still not sure.

Will get the detail shot soon.

@B_F

Have to make do with this one for now.  :)

No 66XX of the old era available in my size currently. 

(Wallet breath a sigh of relief.... :D ) 

^I may be one of the few who sizes up on my jeans, I can't stand tight waists expecting they'll stretch! But then, comfort is a highly personal thing!

Fully agree

Same with ne

I always upgrade my jeans one size up to have it more comfi

ioLnniE9vVqwa.JPG

Near the crotch area, the chainstitch is pretty bad, not sure what happens there...

iLvZvBXNj7c2x.JPG

Slightly crooked stitch, small knock, pretty sure will not have any bad effects on the integrity of the waistband.

Those 2 jumps out at me immediately when opening it up.

imN7SY8KEAXD3.JPG

I really do like the pocket bags though...

It always surprises me that Denime got its high reputation although the construction is not what many expect. Especially since Denime’s XX line were price-wise on the higher end of the simple blue jeans. If you compare the construction between Evisu and SDA to Denime, Denime loses easily.

But the denim they used is great and the cuts are nice. And they offered a solid range of different cuts, special models that never went overboard with details and gimmicks and bling-bling (like SDA or Evisu). Together with Warehouse (and Fullcount) they are the subtle blue jeans.

You really have to examine the fabrics they used, loot at the subtle detailings (like the selvedge pocket bags) to start loving them :D

Of course you have to be into repro jeans ;)

It's as you say, cannot help but feel abit sad that even though Denime had such a high reputation (especially in the old days), their construction leaves much to be desired.

For me, the fabric is just 1 part of the whole experience, the construction & detailing is equally important, bit of a let down... :(

Quite sure I will still enjoy my pair as the flaw is not visible on the exterior.

A couple of days ago a pair of 10th anniversary Denime arrived at my flat. I'm really stoked about this pair, we'll see how long I manage to put it on the shelf. I got the 1937 version which is new territory for me but I think I can make it work after a wash or two. The smell was so damn intense when I opened up the sealed bag, and not in a pleasant way despite being a denim addict.

An odd thing that I noticed is the different fabric used for the beltloops. They feel like one washed denim. You can see the slightly different colours on the picture with the patch. Anyone ever heard about this being done before? Possibly by another brand?

Here's a couple of pictures. Jump to my blog if you want a few more or bigger pictures in higher quality.

16221603160_6bd5b017d7_z.jpg

16222783149_6f9e843813_z.jpg

16409008705_93faae5585_z.jpg

15788971713_6de8331c8d_z.jpg

15786529784_c206765c87_z.jpg

Bobbo What a great lookibg jeans.

Keep us updated on them for ever

Bobbo- a guy on reddit recognized the same thing on his SDA's (or denime's actually, can't remember) with the belt loops being potentially one washed. That was his conclusion as well.

Edited by mp201

Thanks guys! I'll definitely keep you updated but they'll be shelved for now.

Maynard: That's the plan in the long run. Feels like brands I ought to try out at some point.

Ed: I think they were 40 000 yen.

Mp201: Cool. I wonder what's the idea behind it.

^ Yeah, I'll probably wear them for the DWC if I don't decide to go with my Warehouse 1001XX in duck digger denim instead. We'll see!

I quite like the denim; feels light (but I guess the cut helps too) and it's got a nice colour to it. It doesn't have as smooth a feeling to it as my SDA's but still not very rough either. And I think the first wash will show off the hairyness more. 

I'm almost jealous with myself. I think they're gonna be great!

It seems I have the super power too then, as I have quite a few raw pairs in my not so secret stash. Even though I own too many jeans, I tend to rotate only 3 pairs at a time (plus another 1 or 2 in the summer), so it takes me ages to get around to new pairs. I try to keep the unworn ones raw so that they're easier to sell if I go off them, get too fat(!), etc.

I always just wear one jeans at a time every day in a row without any washings or soakings.

My current IH 25 oz jeans are still going strong on over 650 wear days in a row.

But they start showing some stronger fadings and wear marks now.

And they are not so fresh and clean anymore.

Or I would guess somehow a little bit dirty already? Ha ha

But I just keep my raw denim gear thirsty and dry for ever since I like the raw denim color tone more then the royal blue color tone you get on washed denim fabric.

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak