The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

• 1 month later...

Got some made in Japan converse , there a late 50's repro from the timeline series ..... nothing super special but what can you expect from a pair of converse ?? 

20220412_172444

I didn't remember to take a close up pic of the toe cap but it has the same ridge as seen on pre 70's converse , it's a nice detail that they recreated and shows that there was at least a bit of thought put into them 

20220412_172505

20220412_172544

20220412_172528

17 hours ago, Flash said:

..... nothing super special but what can you expect from a pair of converse ??

I actually prefer cheapo Chucks to the 70's.. i appreciate the 70's are a little more luxurious with more cushioning in the footbed but i'm not that fussed

I appreciate artisan chocolate but i'd often choose a Crunchie or a Double Decker over Cocao Wonderland  :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

You'de only be 'niche-trendy' and i don't think you'd be able to wear them.. the foam mid would turn to powder within hours..

..Holds out a pocket watch..

"It's worthless. Ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless..."

Wearing my Made in Japan Chucks today, not extremely happy with these but they will be my next daily sneakers anyways.
The laces felt so cheap I had to swap them for the thick cotton ones from my old Chuck 70s, I think it made the appearance of the shoes a bit better.
Paired with a new pair of regular 501 STFs (non LVC) which I really enjoy, they are really rare here in Europe so first time trying them.

IMG_1238.thumb.jpeg.1c94faf53759411d1a34161623befb6c.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone tired out Catchball Sneakers from Korea?
I've seen a few retailers pick them up recently, was interested in trying a pair out. Pretty reasonably priced at certain shops.
MilitaryStandardLowCutCanvasSneaker-Anch
MilitaryStandardLowCanvasSneaker_WharfNa
MilitaryStandardLowCanvasSneaker_NetOliv

@generic_guy great spot… yep Court Force High from 2005… all confirmed via @Double 0 Soul’s trick there… thanks gents

It transpires (as I just took a closer look) they’ve been stored in a Dunk High box and not worn in 17 years until recently

I now recollect I gave my old man the all black Dunk High, clearly minus the box

Edited by MJF9