I’ve got 4 of these fantastic slub yarn undershirts in a size medium that I wanna pass on. All in perfect condition, they haven’t been worn for a while and haven’t had too many washes. They go for 50$ a pop, I am thinking about 30$ a shirt or 100 for the lot. One of them has a manufacturing defect in the collar (as pictured) but otherwise perfect. Might consider a trade for other shirts, long and shortsleeved.

located in Denmark

CA286089-5F34-437E-B2DD-FF59E96F2B30.jpeg

62651243-EA2D-4177-B361-72493ED5CD57.jpeg

FA1F2FEB-1E20-487A-846D-D02CBF4FBB3C.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 15.19.55.png

Edited by Facini

Hey guys, I’ve opened up pre-orders on my new Bantam short-sleeve work shirt in 5 oz. Japanese selvedge cotton-linen chambray in both indigo and ecru version:

https://the-rite-stuff.com/

The ecru version is arriving a bit later because the mill will have to specially make more of this fabric for me, perhaps those down under won’t mind though!

IMt0EoT.jpg

GTanvJ5.jpg

IVjEXnz.jpg

Although the Bantam is 1930s in styling, short-sleeve work shirts were not generally sold before the post-WWII, unless marketed as sport shirts with sport collars, so if guys wanted a short sleeve they would cut down a long sleeve:

wSszl8L.jpg

uWioTUI.jpg

HqVlrKM.jpg

A slightly lower back yoke this time, based on a 1920s catalog I have:

IqOCqL8.jpg

The acorn pockets are often thought of as a later Lee invention but I’ve found examples from 1920s catalogs of this pocket shape. That said, Lee did popularize them with the Chetopa shirt:

MIonjU3.jpg

1937:

yAcjvlB.jpg

EDgRefG.jpg

Star-pattern urea buttons, made in Japan, are based on 1920s originals:

l9ekaAz.jpg

4NKK220.jpg

Original button on a 1940s Tuf Nut shirt I have:

9M9BFIm.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

Beautiful stuff as always. Those Lofgren's are fantastic as well. 

2 hours ago, JMS said:

Beautiful stuff as always. Those Lofgren's are fantastic as well. 

Thanks! I wear the natural CXL derbies when it's hot out, also have a pair in black on the way.  :)

props for listing the size you're wearing and your height/weight. it's maddening how many stores still don't do this.

Edited by conqueror

12 hours ago, conqueror said:

props for listing the size you're wearing and your height/weight. it's maddening how many stores still don't do this.

Yeah agreed; a bunch of Japanese stores do it so I’m used to it, to the point of it being a no-brainer.