WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2015

Cold Summer

@Super Jackie
i like that the discussions here seem, a lot of the times, less influenced by biases and prejudices than in other forums. maybe that's a result of the focus on denim and the fortune of having several good-natured posters. 

three problems that i think this forum has i would describe as (for lack of better terms) occasional displays of: cultural fetishism; dehumanization of people from another race, culture, gender, etc.; and the negative aspects of "bro" culture. 

in my opinion, Cold Summer's post seemed, in a way, to hit on all three (i assumed good intentions, which is why i said "kind of uncomfortable" and attempted humor with asterisks). 

Yours and bradl's exchange that followed my post seems to hit all three as well.

If you want further explanation, please message me and address me directly this time.

Flat Head tee and sneakers, 2111 jeans.

Brazilian Girlfriend.

2009 Mini Cooper.

i read this list and now feel kind of uncomfortable *closes superfuture tab*

Post a fit pic, then comment!

Iron, his intentions were good I guess it was just weird context : )

I don't even get what he's peeved about?

That he doesn't have one

Appologies for the blur, didn't notice it until now.

And don't mind the lame tank top behind me...  <_<

thlYz5N.jpg

Buzz Rickson chambray.

Mister Freedom skivvy tee.

Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX.

John Lofgren sneakers.

@Super Jackie
i like that the discussions here seem, a lot of the times, less influenced by biases and prejudices than in other forums. maybe that's a result of the focus on denim and the fortune of having several good-natured posters. 

three problems that i think this forum has i would describe as (for lack of better terms) occasional displays of: cultural fetishism; dehumanization of people from another race, culture, gender, etc.; and the negative aspects of "bro" culture. 

in my opinion, Cold Summer's post seemed, in a way, to hit on all three (i assumed good intentions, which is why i said "kind of uncomfortable" and attempted humor with asterisks). 

Yours and bradl's exchange that followed my post seems to hit all three as well.

If you want further explanation, please message me and address me directly this time.

ah, sorry about the neg.  actually didnt even mean to + rep.  I almost spilled some shit on my laptop and the result of evasive maneuvering was a neg rep.  

Arpenteur Brehat tee.

Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX.

Doek oxfords.

How did you size on your Doeks Broark? Been looking to pick a pair up, but JP sizing always has me guessing and hoping for the best. (Usually an 8.5/9 US in Converse)

Edited by whozdrew?

How did you size on your Doeks Broark? Been looking to pick a pair up, but JP sizing always has me guessing and hoping for the best. (Usually an 8.5/9 US in Converse)

I'm generally somewhere between an 11.5 or 12, and I got the 29 cm. in these which was a tad snug initially.

But with the cork sole settling a bit they've become pretty comfortable.

Really starting to heat up here so they'll get a lot more wear soon.

june_8_15_004.jpg

Natural leather jacket with lizard detailing...
Brooks Brother’s Supima
LD&Co.
Tony Lama elephant

If you use the contact form on their GOOD WEAVER website, the guy is pretty helpful. They're like 110+30EMS, paypal FYI.

On the Oxfords they are a bit big. So as a 10.5/29 All-Star I'm getting the 10/28. The slip-ons are supposed to be a little tight so 11/29 on those.

If you use the contact form on their GOOD WEAVER website, the guy is pretty helpful. They're like 110+30EMS, paypal FYI.

On the Oxfords they are a bit big. So as a 10.5/29 All-Star I'm getting the 10/28. The slip-ons are supposed to be a little tight so 11/29 on those.

I purchased mine from Good Weaver as well, fast shipping and good service!

Yup I exchanged a few emails with Good Weaver and purchased both the Oxford in Ecru and the Court in Navy from them. Went with my gut and went with a 27 (~tts) in both. Better to be a big large than too snug.

it's hot, so I am taking a break from my DWC jeans for the day

eternal shorts

samurai socks

concepts x converse cone denim chucks

Ozku0gn.jpg

I dig the shorts man. Did you pick those up from big or blueowl? I've been trying to find some good shorts that aren't super short.

I dig the shorts man. Did you pick those up from big or blueowl? I've been trying to find some good shorts that aren't super short.

I got them from blue owl. I love the length and the material is pretty nice, part cotton, part linen. Looks like Eternal makes a bunch of shorts in the same cut with different fabrics, thinking about picking up a couple from rakuten, they are very fairly priced.