WAYWT destroyed my life (2014)

fokken

shoulda just worn ro dunks already. In the remote chance that u somehow thought the chucks or that kinda sneak silhouette made sense here, u shoulda known that there are more appropriate alternatives. In the context of this fit they just conjure imagery of a budget ro fan or cheap guy

Edited by SSchadenfreude

it's the long black socks that try to replicate the height of dunks and the dunks style wraparound lacing that elevate this to ultra cheap guy status for me. I think I would have liked this a lot more without the attempt at imitation which just strikes me as super contrived.

shoulda just worn ro dunks already. In the remote chance that u somehow thought the chucks or that kinda sneak silhouette made sense here, u shoulda known that there are more appropriate alternatives. In the context of this fit they just conjure imagery of a budget ro fan or cheap guy

^you repped him tho.

tbh i don't really think he or anyone who dared to post this kind of fit would purposely try to replicate the ht of ro dunks w/ socks. that's just 2 obvious a blunder (giving him the benefit of the doubt). something tells me the choice of footwear was out of necessity. would be worse if that's not the case.

if he was wearing ramones or some other ro footwear, it'd just be a warm weather uniform standard ro fit. whatever. i wouldn't have bothered commenting, as i'm not so interested in basic head 2 toe ro fits. maybe had he worn some interesting sandals, i might have even thought that it looked comfy or summer apropos.

that aside, as far as chuck taylor look alikes, if he had opted for some other label like yohji, cdg, nns (nonative or n(n)), or even vis skags i wouldn't have thought budget ro fit or cheap or no monies guy.

the dustbag here is just funny to me. i've seen ballers, "fashion" people and the serious ro consumer actually use them, but never really with any sort of contrived or premeditated agenda. never 2 complete or make an outfit. just 4 the gym,  runnin errands, beach, carry lunch box, or extra shit (usually along with another bag/etc that couldn't fit everything). only outta convenience or just cause they didn't give a fuck.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

To answer some of your questions:

- high socks, `cause it looked weird with low/no socks

- no sandals, `cause the forecast said it was gonna rain (it did, heavily)

- I like the tote a lot, carries a bunch of stuff (and it fit the color scheme)

All this talk about my chucks – no one noticed Thomas the engine in the background.

Yes, two pairs of Ramones – you can´t see them in the pic, because they´re in the tote bag.

oh 4 reals?

post_old.gif 09-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #44946

"I´m actually saving up for some Rick footwear"

according to yr quote on sz i thought u were "actually saving up for some Rick footwear."

did you kop two pairs of ramones in 3 days? my bad boo

Edited by SSchadenfreude

that aside, as far as chuck taylor look alikes, if he had opted for some other label like yohji, cdg, nns (nonative or n(n)), or even vis skags i wouldn't have thought budget ro fit or cheap or no monies guy.

last time I went to a RO store an employee was dressed head to toe in RO and - hold ur breath y'all - wearing chucks.

to buy a certain item can be a decision that isn't based on whether it makes you look rich or not. If you would've done your math you might have recognized by the rest of some of his outfits he can probably afford some geobaskets or ramones or whatever it is you demand from someone wearing rick to not look like he's poor.

according to yr quote on sz i thought u were "actually saving up for some Rick footwear."

Are you really that stupid?

244dt3q.jpg

Yes, two pairs of Ramones – you can´t see them in the pic, because they´re in the tote bag.

Edited by Landadel

last time I went to a RO store an employee was dressed head to toe in RO and - hold ur breath y'all - wearing chucks.

to buy a certain item can be a decision that isn't based on whether it makes you look rich or not. If you would've done your math you might have recognized by the rest of some of his outfits he can probably afford some geobaskets or ramones or whatever it is you demand from someone wearing rick to not look like he's poor.

pics or it didn't happen. plus if a ro employee had paired chucks with the particular ro articles he was wearing i probably would have the same reaction. 

if ur gonna stunt a  ro fit and just wear chucks,  u ain't ro-flossin proper like.  if it was a matter of him preferring a chuck taylor silhouette type for his outfit i'm just of the opinion that one of a higher/more exclusive designer or label would have a better equilibrium.  similar fits have looked good with even the likes of vis. plus it tells the audience that you didn't spend all your expendable funds on cut and sewns.

sorry i really don't recall his other fits, and mainly it has nothing to do with whether he is poor or rich irl.  the point is that the chucks imo cheapen his fit.  they make little sense in the context of it.  they make the fit even more boring.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

landadel i dont even think ur fit is that bad (yr ramones frontin and joke aside). 2 reiterate, i just dont think the cons...oops sorry i just saw your edit the "1970s chucks" (c'mon! like that makes a fuckin difference in this fit's context) really do shit any favors.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

pics or it didn't happen. plus if a ro employee had paired chucks with the particular ro articles he was wearing i probably would have the same reaction. 

if ur gonna stunt a  ro fit and just wear chucks,  u ain't ro-flossin proper like.  if it was a matter of him preferring a chuck taylor silhouette type for his outfit i'm just of the opinion that one of a higher/more exclusive designer or label would have a better equilibrium.  similar fits have looked good with even the likes of vis. plus it tells the audience that you didn't spend all your expendable funds on cut and sewns.

sorry i really don't recall his other fits, and mainly it has nothing to do with whether he is poor or rich irl.  the point is that the chucks imo cheapen his fit.  they make little sense in the context of it.  they make the fit even more boring.

If hes going to stand up for hours, Rick Owens shoes aren't exactly the comfiest, but you probably already know that.

If hes going to stand up for hours, Rick Owens shoes aren't exactly the comfiest, but you probably already know that.

vs. chucks?!?

i suppose this is all up for debate/personal pref, but imo rick owens sneakers are comfortable enough.  i've worn them 4 urban city treks and had no orthopedic prob

oh 4 reals?

post_old.gif 09-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #44946

"I´m actually saving up for some Rick footwear"

lmao this fuckin nerd stalking sufu users on other fashion forums, taking the internet too serious