What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Send giles an email over at Ironheart.co.uk. If sizing is off, I'm sure he'd be very willing to switch sizes for you. And the denim is sanforized, so you should be ok once you check the sizing charts on the website.

chunis, yes, I'd put that at 67-70. A nice jacket, still with some of the original color, I have one identical, but not worth as much as the earlier example with pale, lemon stitching on the pockets etc.

How much did you pay?

I paid 30 dollars. It is still kind of stiff which is great

are you familiar with this chart chun?

i've got the same one, only with the two-tone stitching

as i remember i nailed mine down to a 67-69 transitional jacket (with the domed buttons but small label)

same button stamp though; i wonder which factory that is

i paid $50 for mine at a thrift store 4 years ago

love that jacket. best 50 bucks i ever spent. just realized i'd never posted it up here. maybe time for a sesh.

I've been wearing my Billy Reid Levis Wool Trucker for a couple of weeks. It's a great jacket. Fits tts. Has loosened up a lot and hangs perfectly. I love the denim details on the pockets, collar and cinch backing interior sleeve cuff linings.

He's done a fantastic job here. Only thing I'd like would be a couple of hand warmer pockets or interior pockets to put work gloves and shit...

Tell what better?

Here's the only label on the jacket. No other size labeling or care instructions or nothing.

IMGP6961.JPG

Here's a similar label from a pair of 101 jeans I have, but it looks like you tag might be newer.

label.jpg

Tell what better?

Here's the only label on the jacket. No other size labeling or care instructions or nothing.

Montgomery Ward.... jeez, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Trying to remember when our local store closed... musta been the early 90s, around the time Wal-Mart popped up down the street. Wal-Mart has since put the rest of that mall outta business (except for K-Mart, which is on it's last legs). That mall was big news when it was built in the 60s or 70s, and now other than K-Mart, the whole place, and the super market next to it, has been torn town, leaving acres of conrete behind.

Ward's officially went out of business in 2001....can't remember when they folded up here in Detroit, but Wonderland Mall eventually went as a result of losing their anchor. I used to buy my punk rock and alternative rock t-shirts there at a place called Tees n' Things. I have several MW catalogs from the 40's and 50's...real treasure trove of information.

Mike,

I actually have a 70's Disco "leisure suit" jean jacket from Wrangler that has really big selvedge (just white).

It's almost ugly, but since it's selvedge I picked it up. It's got to be from the mid-70's.

I'll try to get a photo of it later today

Mike,

I actually have a 70's Disco "leisure suit" jean jacket from Wrangler that has really big selvedge (just white).

It's almost ugly, but since it's selvedge I picked it up. It's got to be from the mid-70's.

I'll try to get a photo of it later today

Thiat would be fun to see .

Seems Wrangler changed jacket material around 72-73 ,see link below and scroll down a bit . . Mike

http://www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com/41.htm

Guest redchris
Looks like a nice jacket in great condition, but it is from the 70s or later since it has the R/MR on the tag.

Yep, I thought it was a bit too good nick to be from the 50's. Old style stormrider label though? Union made in usa swung it for me, but shipping was a bit steep.