Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

HoustonChris, on 23 May 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

After reading the review, I'm even more interested in these. Watching the evolution over the next two years is going to be great- definitely one of the most unique pairs in the whole contest. And NoKipple will be hearing from me when they open.

Hey easy now, no pressure eh?

Haha alls good, I see some action going on, ain't much since I've had them for just over 2 weeks now. Not sure how I'm going to keep up with the rest of these crazy fast fading folks. I'll just have to assure myself that its 2 years, if they keep it up, they might have white jeans at the end! ^.^

Washed my Samurais for the first time the other day. They Shrunk a bit more as I put them In the washing machine with hot water and now my hips are getting a touch of bruising. That being said they fit perfectly now and the stacks arround the ankles have really developed well over the past couple days. Will upload pics when I get a chance.

My challenge entry will not be up till the last possible moment as I'm going to have to be up in edmonton to get the pictures.

For my contest entry, I decided that I would honor a great and soon to be returning (on Sunday) TV show, rather than a movie.  So, I blue myself and edited the Arrested Development season 2 promo poster:

Original:

8795900204_27d61f1061_o.jpg

Samurai 710xx version:

8795899232_7301b76fd2_o.jpg

Oh, and a few fit pics...  Nearly 3 months of wear!  I have a bit of a hip injury (running related) right now, so they haven't been worn as hard over the last 2 weeks or so, but I'm still wearing them daily!

8796163508_f8f6f6df84_b.jpg

8796178984_eebb0b91c6.jpg 8796178876_8ea124649a.jpg8796178774_92653cf2df.jpg

Edited by cander49

Did an oiling session for my leather and went ahead and did the patch, got some good color out of it  :D I also updated for my JeansIMG_0187.jpg

I took a whole set of update photos, but I will spare you the wall of photos, here is a link to the album I keep my updates in: http://s86.photobucket.com/user/afrothunder211/library/HWDC2

Figured I would cross post, the link leads to my album for all my updates including the ones i dont post :)

8815133894_083d110177_o.jpg

Suffering for HWDC2!

Don't know exactly what happened here, but heavy rain and humidity, combined with a greasy body lotion and stiff, heavy jeans that are on the tight side, resulted in some chafing the other day. Ouch! All good after they dried up though. Phew. 

The very first of this kind, yes. I've had slight bruising on the hips and behind the knees before (not with this jean though), but this is the first time denim has made me bleed, even if it was ever so slightly. Thanks!

Hey easy now, no pressure eh?

Haha alls good, I see some action going on, ain't much since I've had them for just over 2 weeks now. Not sure how I'm going to keep up with the rest of these crazy fast fading folks. I'll just have to assure myself that its 2 years, if they keep it up, they might have white jeans at the end! ^.^

Nah, no pressure at all.  Just that you have the only pair right now, so I'll be interested in checking out what happens with them.  I like the denim that's new and untested.  Makes the journey more interesting if you have no idea what the end result could be.  That's why I'm wearing the SDA nep weave denim.  Total mystery how it's going to age.

Exploring the different brands and types of fabric is the best part of being a denim head, at least I think

HC-SF-92 steel feathers, checking in with challenge 1. I went the Asian (sorry not sure what language the poster is) Movie poster to edit as I have limited Photoshop skills, as this is really only my second or third time doing this type of thing.  

toy+story+3+frontsmall.jpg

toy1.jpg

Got in some pretty intense wear today, day 1 of Snowbird Ski Resort's closing weekend:

8832703100_805f867737_b.jpg

8832690240_4b1672b454_b.jpg

8832657404_8da9a85aae_b.jpg

On one of the pond runs, the 710s came pretty darn close to getting their first wash:

8832694898_36760a6d9d_b.jpg

Edited by cander49

Got to spend some time with my two year old niece..she is seriously an angel. Of course I was wearing my MBBs and BH's..she was taken with my tattoos, she's always liked the dog/crossbones, she "woofs" at it and gives it kisses. I was worried she'd find my newest (the skull and swords) scary.(especially since I got neg repped for it in the tattoo thread lol) She was touching it and making scary growling sounds at it. I asked her if she liked it and she looked at it, made a face like she was concentrating, and said "yes", I said, "are you sure?" She looked me square in the eyes and said "I said YES!"....she cracks me up, and manages to get me laughing every time I see her.

image-1.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

Oh, and a few fit pics...  Nearly 3 months of wear!  I have a bit of a hip injury (running related) right now, so they haven't been worn as hard over the last 2 weeks or so, but I'm still wearing them daily!

8796163508_f8f6f6df84_b.jpg

Is that Blue steel?

Hahaha.  Why does this keep getting commented on?  I'm just standing there.

haha like i said.. must be the pose..

So a guy came into my work today wearing the MBB's. I approached him and asked him if that was indeed what he was wearing. He simply gruffed a "oh, yeah." I told him that I had attended the chain stitch massacre where his jeans were possibly hemmed and he just stared at me blankly. Then he asked me if I had any gray chambray shirts in a slim fit. I found it strange. These encounters have always been a positive experience in the past. I'm hoping it was just a language barrier.

So a guy came into my work today wearing the MBB's. I approached him and asked him if that was indeed what he was wearing. He simply gruffed a "oh, yeah." I told him that I had attended the chain stitch massacre where his jeans were possibly hemmed and he just stared at me blankly. Then he asked me if I had any gray chambray shirts in a slim fit. I found it strange. These encounters have always been a positive experience in the past. I'm hoping it was just a language barrier.

For a very Niche model for a limited batch of jeans. you would expect to get such replies right..

maybe its just a language barrier.. Where does he look like he was from btw?