Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Just took some pics in a hurry before i'm leaving for this new years party.
I have for the first time now got a job where I can wear my jeans all day, have just been able to wear them after work  and on weekends. 

10 months of wear now, no wash.
Can't believe that's its almost been a whole year now!

DSC_0002_zps4d0e911a.jpg

DSC_0011_zps88a8cc46.jpg

d02dd7b0-61de-4dca-9cdd-c13329268b0c_zps

33b8cb1a-704d-4c2c-ab6e-94c08e72dc82_zps

a7203a50-d1fa-4316-bc6c-166f3fd71602_zps

Mister - Man!! that is terrible.  Radius & ulna or humerus fracture?  How long of a recovery?  Do you require surgery?  You have one more day of 2013 left!!

Humerus, at the very top where the bone goes into the round part. Broke clean through. I'll be in a sling for at least 6 weeks. 

No surgery if the bone stays put. I start a new job Jan 2nd, lets hope 2014 bares better fruit. Happy New Year to all. 

Since the car battery blew up in my face my life has changed in a couple of different ways. I went out to see Cat Power play, ended up drinking a bunch of tequila with her then went home, and fell into the bathtub while trying to take off my pants. My arm broke. Then couple days after that my cold turned into pneumonia. I think some of you people may enjoy to hear this.

Sorry to hear of the bad turn in events. But you got to drink tequila w/ Cat Power - that's way cool! I'm a fan of her music. Hope you heal quickly, and have a great 2014! mpp

DSCN1395_zps49407fda.jpg

Finally figured out how to post pics sooo…I know the color is off but you get the picture :)  MBB.  I got mine late due to some postal issues and shipping confusion.  Finally got my hands on them in May sometime.  Wore them straight through a German summer in Ktown, and now wearing them about 3 or 4 times a week but only for a few hours a day (2-4) tops.  Im guessing about roughly 5 months of total wear.  I really got nothing special going on.  Got some spots looking like a blowout in the crotch in the future so Im contimplating a wash to loosen up the fabric which is still pretty stiff at this point.  The picture was taken in Old Town Tallinn Estonia yesterday!  Cheers, and happy new years!  

Edited by Davil

Slow's, Max's, and Cander's are easily my favorite pairs for the first leg of this comp.

Thanks.  Mine are getting a real workout lately.  I just wore them skiing for the 16th time in the last 6 weeks today.  They're still in great shape, but I have the feeling nothing is going to be left after 2 years. :)

Happy new year's everybody!

Spent a week in Spain and Portugal during my winter break!

Didn't take much pictures myself so these are mostly from my friends.

In line with the epic eats challenge, I'll most more pictures of food.

This picture basically sums up what I do when I go by any bakery. (And yes I know this is an ice cream shop)

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

Castanya burger which was seriously delish, our first meal in Barc.

tumblr_myscqbA6Si1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

Visited some markets and bought overpriced chocolates..

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo3_500.jpg

And it isn't Spain without Spanish donuts aka churros!

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo4_500.jpg

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo5_500.jpg

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo6_500.jpg

Also finally got to try the famous Cronut from a random bakery. It's nothing fantastic imo.

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo7_500.jpg

I prefer croissants any time. Buttery flaky goodness.

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo8_500.jpg

Especially when chocolate filled :D

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo2_500.jpg

Cont'

And we got to watch Barcelona play as well woohoo

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

Got some pretty good paella even though we were in the wrong part of Spain!

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo5_500.jpg

€1 gourmet tapas!!

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo9_500.jpg

tumblr_mysce54CiC1rfl02wo10_500.jpg

Sinful dessert. "Tiramisu, the best!" Glad I asked for recommendations at the counter as not all on display were on the menu.

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo3_500.jpg

That pretty much rounds up Spain. Pretty sure there's more food pictures (they took pictures of every meal I swear) but I can't find them..

Onward to Portugal, the land of eggtarts and salty fried fish

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo10_500.jpg

Bacalhau (fried cod) and Francesinha (traditional Portuguese sandwich)

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo7_500.jpg

Grilled Octopus! Something I'll seriously recommend

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo6_500.jpg

Pork knuckles. It doesn't look like much but there's a hell lot of meat there.

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo8_500.jpg

tumblr_mysdczbmry1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

And the eggtarts! Chocolate shots included.

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo4_500.jpg

tumblr_myscqbA6Si1rfl02wo2_500.jpg

And.. back to London for a Christmas dinner. Grilled the ham myself but burnt the skin lol.

tumblr_myscfp51op1rfl02wo9_500.jpg

^^skiing in cotton? uff-da

They're so softened up now that they're not uncomfortable at all.  I wear waterproof snowpants over them, so they don't get wet or anything.

HC-SF-91

----------

Samurai 610 LX 17oz

------------

january 2014

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p44u.jpg

zdc2.jpg

3p4r.jpg

qm9a.jpg

6s4q.jpg

THANK YOU GUYS FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL YEAR, LET'S CREATE EVEN MORE EXTRAORDINARY STORIES OF DENIM!

GOD SPEED EVERYONE!

This has nothing to do with denim, other than you need to wear something in order not to die. But, New Years day Winnipeg, our provincial capital was colder than Mars!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/geekquinox/frigid-winnipeg-temperatures-reach-cold-planet-mars-204225571.html

Check, and mate you lousy planet! We totally beat your ass!

Can-na-da, Can-na-da! Can-na-da! B)

Edited by Netleyhunter

Yeah it was a really great trip! A little (costly) hiccup on our way back to London though cause our EasyJet flight out cancelled on Christmas eve due to bad weather. It was wait till 27th/31st for the next available flight or go to another airline so we took booked another :/

Food is amazing! Oh ya Louis, they have this thing called porras in Spain which is basically a singular strip of youtiao haha. But they eat it with chocolate rather than soy milk, you should try it too! Still missing local food man. Our hawker food can't be beat in a price/satisfaction ratio imo.

On to some jeans updates, though there's nothing going on with mine compared to everyone elses here heh.

tumblr_myujairLin1rfl02wo3_500.jpg

tumblr_myujairLin1rfl02wo2_500.jpg

tumblr_myujairLin1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

Got a little chocolate stain on the thigh, something to help remember my trip by lol.

Yeah it was a really great trip! A little (costly) hiccup on our way back to London though cause our EasyJet flight out cancelled on Christmas eve due to bad weather. It was wait till 27th/31st for the next available flight or go to another airline so we took booked another :/

Food is amazing! Oh ya Louis, they have this thing called porras in Spain which is basically a singular strip of youtiao haha. But they eat it with chocolate rather than soy milk, you should try it too! Still missing local food man. Our hawker food can't be beat in a price/satisfaction ratio imo.

On to some jeans updates, though there's nothing going on with mine compared to everyone elses here heh.

Got a little chocolate stain on the thigh, something to help remember my trip by lol.

well, the only thing that really can't compare to elsewhere in the world is our hawker prices. hopefully i'll visit europe again sometime so that i can try it. heading to japan this coming wed!!

mree - those Barca pics bring back memories for me, all food related. my favourite were the markets just off Las Ramblas, great produce to make awesome meals with - best garlic i've ever come come across, EVER.

have had to make some repairs recently on my IH-555's. have patched & sewn the cuffs due to shoe wear but today did some preventative medicine on a burgeoning knee rip. although my trusty Elna sewing machine (30yrs old) does the job nicely, as the 2nd photo shows using a non industrial machine certainly has it limitations in terms of getting suitable sewing-arm working room whilst using an 18oz fabric. my repair job may not win any awards, but it beats 'entrusting' my jeans to a local 'tailor'...

11749257134_d75af05a27_z.jpg

11749097183_44a45ef340_z.jpg

11749109993_0067615936_z.jpg