Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

penfold. what medium format do you use? i use a small format canon av-1. ektar is a really good film. though i still prefer the old agfa films which are hard to find.

mega. i have this very urge to do both challenge 1 and 2. though of course not concurrently. hahaha.

I have way too many cameras, for medium format I have two Zero Image pinhole cameras, a Chinese 6x18 pinhole camera and a Bronica SQ-Ai kit (which I will probably sell). I generally shoot colour film, either Kodak Ektar or Portra, or Fuji Reala (which is being discontinued). There are some modern Agfa films, although most seem to be made by other companies.

Well unless I want some incriminating evidence that I as a minor consumed alcohol it is time to hit the sketchbook :P

Looks like it is time to get pumped for New York based on the polls.

Finally I wanted to post a comparison of my bracelets one is brand new and the other I have had since the start of the competition  As you can see there is a lot of demon blood on this one :P

IMG_0222.jpg

Edited by FLDenim211

Sorry I missed the 2nd competition guys.

Couldn't get a decent pic of me doing anything sporty. Anyways past 2 weeks have been work hell for me with more to come. Today marks the first day in 2 weeks I could actually wear any denim!

This 3rd competition looks like it'll be easy enough to get some pics ;)

Jesus, what a summer...

Finally happened upon another decent camera, so here are some pics for the gang!

MBBs and HWDC Whites starting to meld nicely.

9434949347_ae30727bc3_c.jpg

9437739426_c607a00708_c.jpg

9437764680_a82e53f2ca_c.jpg

tumblr_mr0n6gUA0h1rfl02wo1_500.jpg

Didn't really get any pics of the outdoors/sports so celeb shot is what I come closest too. Guy in the blazer is a local trance DJ, DJ Asym. I'm not really a trance guy (or a clubbing one for that matter) so I can't really comment on his music. I think he's pretty good though for him to land gigs both locally and abroad so do check him out here

And here's a shot of the denim since you can't see from the previous photo, not that the lightning inside makes it any better haha.

tumblr_mr0n6gUA0h1rfl02wo2_500.jpg

HC-SF-103

Samurai S5000vx 25oz

Challenge 2, the great outdoors

Spent the vacation with my family driving around the west coast of Sweden. This is at Koster, a small island outside Stromstad.

a5142d5e-9f1f-47df-a06b-514920fcb8f5_zps

HC-IH-01

Pioneering....

rujebymu.jpg

Drink 1

e6usagyp.jpg

Drink 2

duhe9a9y.jpg

Drink 3

ypudejyt.jpg

Drink 4

jaqemu2y.jpg

Drink 5

edesavud.jpg

Drink 6

4uge4e9e.jpg

Drink 7

8upu6a2y.jpg

Drinks 8, 9 and 10

ygyby9yp.jpg

Drink 11

enebyvu7.jpg

I have no idea what this is a picture of.

HC-SF-91

samurai 610 lx

agust 2013

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE #2

OUTDOOR & SPORTS CHALLENGE

kxm6.jpg

5 - 6 am in the morning

v4fu.jpg

pv1w.jpg

4l8w.jpg

x7uf.jpg

55be.jpg

d7tj.jpg

Edited by el_toro

Oh crap. Must have missed click on my phone. Sorry Cander!

Hah, it's all good.  I guess you just hated the idea of running for a few hours in super heavy denim. :)

that first photo taken at avalon?? and i really think that second photo makes up for the 3rd challenge. 3L belvedere?

Yeap, my first time there. Second photo in the mixing lounge. Not really a clubbing/drinking guy haha

Thanks guys, I'm waiting a little while longer to wash.  I'd like to get high contrast fades for these guys because I've really never been able to get good ones, we'll see!

I just think that this is a great design:

I do like the idea, but it does look pink from a distance, and I don´t want a pair of jeans with pink arcs. Kept me from buying a pair for this contest… Otherwise: the design is great indeed.

Edited by dingo

You can always remove the arcs :P
I think it is interesting, but I am not too shy when it come to things: I owned the Karmaloop X Naked&Famous collab with the cheetah print cuffs.

Yo Megatron,

The previous competition you said a lot of competitors dropped out of the race. I was wondering if people already dropped out of this competition (by just quitting, not doing the challenges, etc.).

I got a feeling that most competitors are in this till the end.