Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Great fit right there Edd! Lately I've been looking into a pair of SDA or Fullcount for my next pair. I wonder how long I manage to hold off the trigger. This shit sure is addictive.

Anyway, just thought I'd just post some fitpics since my camera is fixed and the weather was nice. They're at ~3 months now and the denim is really soft. The colour is pretty acurate.

IMG_2594_zpsed0de6a7.jpg

The backpocket traintracks sure is a nice detail.

IMG_2608_zps911ab73e.jpg

I've been thinking about what to do with these kinda crappy-looking stacks. Never had it before so I figured it'd be fun to try out but lately I've been thinking of getting a hemjob. Thoughts?

Netley - Slugs or buckshot?  I'm not sure I would feel safe with anything less than a Barrett.  Afraid it would bounce off a Polar bears forehead and just make him mad.  "Great Outdoors" esque.  Have the Polar bear Poppin tha trunk on you!

Great pics.  You def lead a life of adventure.

Looking forward to living vicariously through your future photos.

Netley - Slugs or buckshot?  I'm not sure I would feel safe with anything less than a Barrett. 

I had three cracker shells, (projectitle that would fire out of the gun about 50 yards then expload like a large firecracker.) then three slugs. The slugs would be used only as a last resort and I would need to have the polar bear broadside in order to do any good.

Great post, Netley. Not really a big fan of huntig, but it's cool to see people sharing their denim experiences.

To each their own, eh?

HC-SF-103, Samurai S5000vx 25oz 15th anniv

Netleyhunter, cool story and fantastic wildlife pictures. My “wildlife†weekend wasn’t nearly as adventurous. Went’ fishing crayfish with the family, the crayfish will most certainly not do as much damage to you as the polar bear J But they did turn into a nice dinner!

IMG_3199_zps0dc97aa3.jpg

IMG_3214_zpsfb95bd5f.jpg

IMG_3229_zpsf38c8b2d.jpg

IMG_2608_zps911ab73e.jpg

I've been thinking about what to do with these kinda crappy-looking stacks. Never had it before so I figured it'd be fun to try out but lately I've been thinking of getting a hemjob. Thoughts?

Try soaking just the bottom part and pull them up to your knees. Afterwards, while the jeans is still damp, push down the entire multi-layered stacks pancakes downwards and spray some starch on them. That should help with the stack obsession.

Couple pictures from the last week or so. One thing I should mentioned, to me this competition isn't just about the fades of the jeans themselves, but the adventures you have in them. In that regard not all my pictures are of the jeans, but instead of the journey of two years with the Naked and Famous 32oz beasts.

Heading north...Again!

Myself and 20 friends all went up to Churchill, Manitoba. This little town is on the shores of Hudson Bay and it's claim to fame is being the polar bear capital of the world! Hundreds of polar bears just before freeze up all wait close to the town for Hudson Bay to freeze, so they can get out on the ice to hunt seals.

We arrived in town early Wednesday morning and checked into the hotel, and said to the manager that we wanted to walk out of town to a point a few miles away. She said that we would need an armed guard, since a polar bear had been sighted in the area a day before. As I hunt, a friend jokingly volunteered me to be the bear guard. Sarcastically the manager asked if I had a Firearm's license. Which I then produced! A few hours later and a number of phone calls, the manager handed me a shotgun to be the guard for the group as we went for a hike. How many hotels in the world, upon checking in, hand you a firearm to borrow?!?! Now, the thing is we were in the middle of town, and we didn't have a car. So I walked through town with the shotgun to get the group to the hiking trail. For Churchill, this is normal behavior I guess.

Here is a picture of me with the Mossberg shotgun, inside the hotel wearing the Naked & Famous 32oz jeans, just before we headed out for the hike.

Churchill's Inukshuk with the rising of the moon and northern lights.

Snow geese and Canada geese taken on our hike to the point.

Beluga whales in the Churchill River, we actually went swimming with them! Amazing, they would swim right up to you!

This is what we were warned about, the largest carnivore in North America, the polar bear! Adult males can weight up to 1,500 pounds and they have no fear of humans! We spotted this one from the safety of a bus we rented.

Last evening in the north I met up with some other hunters and went hunting, managed to do quite well, shot nine snow geese that evening. I'm in the middle wearing the 32oz'ers again. Can't really see them as it was well after sunset. The geese made a fantastic taco meal when I got home. I called it "Tundra Tacos"

Cheers!

This is unbelievably cool. Too bad 32oz N&F won't be bear-proof. May be one day N&F will come up with a 100 oz. denim that will allow you to wrestle polarbears.

Challenge 2: Sports

Hey guys. I think I'm a little late for Challenge 2.  The thing is that I made a video for it but have not been able to get it uploaded to YouTube to save my life.  I've tried on multiple occasions.  For this reason, I just decided to put it on Flickr with my pictures.  not the best option, but I figured it's better to get something up late than to not participate at all.  

With that being said, I decided to do the sports one.  The only issue was that I messed up my ankle two months ago and am still in physical therapy for it, so I couldn't really move around much.  Because of my immobility, the video ended up just being of me shooting around before the camera ran out of battery.  Anyways, hope some of you enjoy.  

Video has music, so keep that in mind at work  ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kasinkevin/9667372031/

Edited by kevinwalks

Just wanted to drop a quick note...still wearing my MBBs...but I've been ridiculously busy, we decided to buy a new home, so we are in the very stressful process of preparing to sell our current house.(real estate market isn't the best here right now) Needless to say, between work, and all the house stuff, I haven't had much time to devote to the comp, aside from just wearing my jeans. I actually gave them their first real wash, at just over the 4 month mark. They are coming along nicely, I'll try and get some pics up soon. If my wife sees me snapping denim pics, rather than helping her paint/clean/repair, it probably won't go to well, so I'll be playing it safe, and following priorities. Just wanted to say I'm still here!