Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

So here´s my submission for the current challenge.

I figured, since autumn is coming, I´d do a trip on my motorbike while the weather is still fine. My girlfriend wanted to see Schloß Friedrichstein in Bad Wildungen, a small town near the place where we live. It is a tiny baroque castle, which is in great shape and features a wonderful view over a valley.

Here are the pics:

01.jpg

Same problem with the iPhone-pics: I can´t seem to be able to rotate them right. Dammit.

02.jpg

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Sorry for the lighting, the Gopro isn´t exactly the newest model…

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Dinner at the castle: potatoe-waffles with mushrooms. Excellent!

10.jpg

Again, sorry for the bad quality of the pics…

So here´s my submission for the current challenge.

I figured, since autumn is coming, I´d do a trip on my motorbike while the weather is still fine. My girlfriend wanted to see Schloß Friedrichstein in Bad Wildungen, a small town near the place where we live. It is a tiny baroque castle, which is in great shape and features a wonderful view over a valley.

Here are the pics:

Same problem with the iPhone-pics: I can´t seem to be able to rotate them right. Dammit.

Sorry for the lighting, the Gopro isn´t exactly the newest model…

Dinner at the castle: potatoe-waffles with mushrooms. Excellent!

Again, sorry for the bad quality of the pics…

Jeans are looking great Dingo. The shrooms and potato waffle look bomb!

So there was a recent article in our local paper about a hemp farmer.  I had posted photos of his previous crop in the Ande Whall Contest thread.  Really cool to see a large section of farm land devoted to a previously illegal crop.  The article spoke about how many people will stop and look, thinking that it is Marijuana. 

Well I was on the road yesterday and came across the crop.  The farmer has planted it across the highway from last years location.

Primarily used as a food crop he provides the seeds to a local producer of Hemp Hearts.  Great on cereals or yogurt if you haven't already tried them.  The farmer has also had to modify his combining in order to reduce fires as a result of the high levels of Omega oils present in hemp seeds. 

Anyways here are some pics.  My official comp entry.

IMG_2155_zps5926d3f4.jpg

IMG_2156_zps09db9ae9.jpg

Sorry about the finger in the frame.  Only had my iPhone with me.

IMG_2158_zps2dd42ada.jpg

My motor.

IMG_2157_zps179fd85d.jpg

Close up of the seeds. 

8001–8067 AB-845‎ Alberta‎ T0K

Canada in Google maps using the map app on the iPhone.

NE corner of intersection of AB hwy 845 & township road 80. Off the Red Coat Trail (hwy 4). Or Find Stirling, AB on google maps follow Hwy 4 North to intersection of hwy 845 West to intersection of township road 80.

Thanks for the update! These were the most interesting pair of jeans I wanted to see evo from this contest.  From what I'm seeing, it looks like this pair and other SDA jeans are stubborn on fading....

Actually, I think the opposite- these are fading faster than pairs I have from Iron Heart, Oni and Momotaro, and nearly as fast as my pair of Samurais.  The misleading factor is that I am colossally slow to fade a pair of jeans.  I'm sure that lots of people would have wiped them out by now.  That said, I'm really enjoying wearing this pair.

8001–8067 AB-845‎ Alberta‎ T0K

Canada in Google maps using the map app on the iPhone.

NE corner of intersection of AB hwy 845 & township road 80. Off the Red Coat Trail (hwy 4). Or Find Stirling, AB on google maps follow Hwy 4 North to intersection of hwy 845 West to intersection of township road 80.

Awesome, going to have to take a little trip sometime soon.

Flo - tell me about your leather, my never ending quest for something nice and vintage is rumbling onwards......

It's a Schott Single Rider, that I bought off ebay 1 year ago. The seller claimed it's from the early 80s, but the leather is in fantastic condition, not dry at all. And I love the collar and shoulder details. Should be steer hide, heavy but not as thick as Aero.

Today:

nq6s.jpg

aq5t.jpg

Thanks Flo, I love vintage Schott jackets and I firmly believe that they don't get anywhere near enough love from people. I had a 1970's police Perfecto which I regret selling immensely.

just something that i'm curious about and i thought i'd ask it here.

1) do you guys wash your jeans by itself or would you ever consider washing with other pairs?

2) lets say you wash them together with other pairs, i was just wondering if the color loss on one pair would transfer and stain the other more faded pair?

any thoughts, opinions answers appreciated.

I always wash everything together. Resulting in red dying my 888 through a bleeding bandana, as you know. But in general, I wear my jeans together with my towels and underwear as I like to think that a full machine is a.) more environment-friendly and b.) prevents the jeans from possible damage. When theres not much room for them to move, it might help prevent stains or creases. That's what i like to think and have not been proven wrong yet.

Edited by Max Power

of course washing everything tends to be more environmentally friendly, saving water and such as well. of course do not wash jeans with white clothing, the usual.

hmm interesting points from you guys. but once a pair of jeans has faded alot, wouldnt the blue loss from another pair stain the faded part just like any other light clothing??? technically speaking that is.

I think that the little indigo loss mixed with a lot of water will probably cause the water to appear blue, but will not have a lasting dying effect. At least I never noticed that. A washing machine should refresh the waterduring the process anyway, so I think that clothes are not exposed to indigo a lot. I mean, they use 15-30 dips in 100% indigo to dye it - the effect of a thin solution will be negectable.

Edited by Max Power

HC-SF-91

samurai 610 lx

sept 2013

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE #3.2

z4zb.jpg

u3zt.jpg

67ea.jpg