Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

My first post, the wallet was about 2 months old, here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=889760&postcount=2218

and now 10 months.

(I try to take picture from the same view for easier comparison with old post, but the light is quite different though, afternoon light with clouds)

IMG_2910-1.jpg

IMG_2911-1.jpg

IMG_2912-1.jpg

IMG_2915-1.jpg

Key Holder

IMG_2909-1.jpg

The Wallet is still going strong no brakes, no loose threads, just tough!!

The color had changed a lot , looks much darker over all, no mink oil or any treatment, I would like to keep the original color under the flap as it is.

Ok, so I got my hands on a corter wallet, along with belt loop keychain and leather reign. I was just curious on how exactly you're supposed to wear this. i.e. where on your waist should the belt loop be. Just curious on how you guys wear a wallet+reign. pics would be great.

It's one of those things that you don't really have rules for, don't worry about it, just wear it the way it works for you and that you like.

I 2nd that ^^^^^, since when I am wearing my shorts I hook the key holder with belt loop, if my belt presents then it goes with the belt.

My new present from ebay (Had almost no one else bidding too so huge bargain at £22!!!!!).

dscf3149xe5.th.jpg

dscf3150qq0.th.jpg

dscf3151ig4.th.jpg

dscf3152qt6.th.jpg

dscf3153kk4.th.jpg

dscf3154du2.th.jpg

dscf3155vv7.th.jpg

dscf3157pt5.th.jpg

Thats WildSwans, Redmoon Kids and my another Red Moon.

From what i can gather its a paul smith exclusive made by wildswans. Its a Blister (M) with the extra logos. I think then oki-ni asked for it to be made for them as part of their Paul Smith line years ago. Apart from the extra logos and the hole punched theres nothing at all different that i can see. The normal blister in size (M) from wild swans used to retail for around 31,500yen when it was still for sale but they dont seem to make these anymore.

& Redmoon keyholder...P1070794.jpgIt has a natural indigo stain on it from my Eternal 877's....

Paulo:

havent seen wildswan for loonng time, almost forget about it..

thsoe are nice, very nice. Are those mid lenght wallet?

Everything on this page is amazing

Well they do 3 sizes. Small, Medium and Large or i should say at least they did. Their site only now list Small and Large. Mine is Medium. Its the perfect size and just pops out of my jean pocket. Waiting for a leather chain now. I think ill get a cheap redmoon one ive seen. Once ive tanned it and oiled ill take some more pictures.

http://www.wildswans.jp/04rf/blister_m.html

^ before i bought my rm, i actually consider getting wildswan, believe back then there is a thread wildswan vs redmoon...sth like that...but finally i get rm because it is more convienience and i do like my model more, but i really like yours. Isnt that wildswan carried cordovan wallet as well?

Paulo

hopefully, when you oiled it, dont overoiled it.

Seen so many wallet or other leather accesorries being overdone.

In my opinion, i do not think oiling leather accessories is really necessary unless it is a pair of boot or shoe that would be worn heavily..scratch,scuff, crack.... The whole point for me buying UNTANNED leather product is to see it age nicely and turn into rich orangeish color and ultimately archieve the dark brown color by using it everyday. But by oiling it, it just completely contradicting the whole point. It would immediately darken the leather to that color. And maybe for few month, it will already looks like it has been used for 5 or 7 years.

With my experience, tested on low end leather to sort of high end leather product. Suntanning and putting conditioner would do the work. So far, it works for me. My rm has been wearing nicely for almost 3 years everyday and the color is orange-ish...well, just to share my point of view, no offense to anyone that oiled their stuff

but anyway, post pics after you done so...looking forward to it.