Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

ed I still keep wondering what kind of crazy animals you are shipping illegally to europe in order to get the doe for all the denim and leather you got !

enlighten me please.. haha..

x-posted from the supermarket...

red moon rrc, 6 months of wear

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

photobucket is being annoying and wont allow me to rotate my pics....

the state

how is your experience with those for 6 months?

obviously those "stretch mark" on the edge from the first and third pics is something that dont see on the red moon.

no 2 hides are exactly the same, i can only assume redmoon goes through thousands...those wrinkles are typical of a hide that is a medium firmness, but not super firm. it's good, but it won't go away with oil. they're not "stretch marks" so to speak, like a human. they wont be visible when the piece is closed, but will when it's open like in the pics. this really doesn't say much about the quality of construction, and a veg tanned hide's a veg tanned hide as far as redmoon's concerned...nice leather all around

thanks for the clarification, corter.

so, if my girl ever gets stretch marks, i can say, "it's all good, honey. it's just because your hide is is of medium firmness, not super firmness." ;)

hahaha, yep.

i was thinking about it further, and the best way to explain it is like the skin on your elbow. when your arm is bent, your elbow's smooth. however when your arm is extended, it's a little wrinkly, because the extra skin needs to be there for when you bend it again. basically the leather just stretches at stress points.

Ichiran...Can you post measurements for that Muji wallet?

No problem... the measurements are about 10.5cm x 9.5cm when closed; thickness obviously depends on how much stuff you've got in it, but it'd probably range from 2-2.5cm. If you have any other questions, let me know!

yeah i have been rocking the brown one on the daily

the tether is where its at tho.

i need to start rockin mine instead of this key loop from last season. That thing is almost black from wear and tear

here's a belt, key chain and wallet i made before:

DSCF1366.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

and after:

DSCF1542.jpg

DSCF1544.jpg

DSCF1545.jpg

the horizontal marks from the cards in the wallet are coming through on my iron hearts, and it looks pretty cool. one of the interesting quirks of handmade stuff.

DSCF1540.jpg

that redmoon from last page has some great color, as does the grandpa wallet.

edit: sorry about the big pics, i resized them on photobucket but it did not translate for some reason...

Hey, new here to leather items. Anymore pics like hw u can match them with ur outfits?

not sure I follow what you mean, but I often just try and match my belt with my shoes when I'm wearing leather boots or footwear. matching wallet is ++