Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

bout to get my belt.. he told me he always oils it before he ships it out.. I told him I'll do it. Should I tan it for a few days, oil it, and then wear it?

if he oiled before ship it out, then i guess you dont have to oil again, just tan if for few days. Do not over tanned it, it can cause some mark/spot appear. Then condition it since after suntanning, the leather dry up abit. That is what i would do.

if he oiled before ship it out, then i guess you dont have to oil again, just tan if for few days. Do not over tanned it, it can cause some mark/spot appear. Then condition it since after suntanning, the leather dry up abit. That is what i would do.
na, I told him not to oil it.. I wanted to do everything by myself... Alright, so I'll oil it a bit. Tan for a day? then I'll condition it afterwards.. (I have some Redwing natural blend of Pine Pitch,Mink Oil & Beeswax..will that do).. and then im set to go.. sound right?

well, is up to you then, you can tan it first or oil/condition it first. For my personal preference, i dont used oil or mink oil or beeswax at all. i used lexol conditioner. what you can do is, apply the conditioner first, and then suntanned it. I dont think one day will do much of a difference, maybe few more days, it all depends on how hot or how sunny that is. Then after suntanned, condition it again and is ready to go.

My Red Moon got wet and dried with "water rings"... not really that worried about it but enough to ask a question as to whether it will go away haha.

It is very difficult to let it go away, you might try saddle soap or some cleaner, but the odd is that it will makes it worst. Leahter will lighten when you try to rub it hard and discolor the leather.

So, the best is to leave it as is. Over time as you leather gets richer color, the waterstain should be less visible.

so I got the belt today.. I set it out in the sun for about 5 hours.. barely tanned it. I went and got some "Lexel Leather conditioning" brown bottle and I also got a bottle of "Lexol NF leather dressing (neatsfoot) (non-darkening)".. its in a cream colored bottle.. I didnt know which to get and thats all tandy had. Which should I use?

so I got the belt today.. I set it out in the sun for about 5 hours.. barely tanned it. I went and got some "Lexel Leather conditioning" brown bottle and I also got a bottle of "Lexol NF leather dressing (neatsfoot) (non-darkening)".. its in a cream colored bottle.. I didnt know which to get and thats all tandy had. Which should I use?

moykky,

that is a nice wallet, never oiled. But i guess you really need to oiled it or condition it more often before the crack gets any deeper. BTW, why do you use the beeswax for? It looks nice

I've noticed that it prevents indigo staining my wallet. Very efficient!

anyone has experience with this belt?

http://www.tannergoods.com/?page_id=12&product_id=6

standard-nat-1.JPGHmmm :(

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

send to either [email protected]

[email protected]

or [email protected]

im sorry about the problems guys

we have a bunch of new exciting products coming in the next few months too so be on the lookout.