ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Good to see your pair, jacoblue. Let's see some fit pics!

--simon--, did you prop your camera up on a ledge or something? ;p looking good!

rayw44, work wear for work! Fit looks great too!

Here is the highlight of my boring day...

Angus ribeye with mushroom sauce, and cheesy pasta, buttered mushrooms and mashed potato.

96042FA3-7AE3-4B08-96E8-65D593E3A3A8-165-0000000CA8672510.jpg

And what I wore today.

[62B27B65-D7C3-4970-B684-99AAD357F523-165-00000008A173884B-1.jpg

Levi's Commuter jacket

Uniqlo

Jeans

Red Wings

Edited by tsunamiboy85

Just been taking it easy, and will continue to do so until the 13th when I begin a new job (that allows jeans!). Grabbed some beers last night to watch my alma mater kick off their football season. This morning I watched Jiro Dreams Of Sushi and promptly went out to get sushi for lunch. It's an incredible documentary, well worth watching. Anyways - looks like my jeans may have "arcs" when all is said and done, from a fold in the pocket lining:

DSCN3576.JPG

Haven't been able to take these off since Saturday, just incredible.

Had a pretty swell Labor Day even though I've been battling a weird cold-like sickness. Still feeling a little off today but I had the time to snap a few fit pics after work for you all.

x6OXBl.jpg

ISlZLl.jpg

4JG65l.jpg

My front shots were out of focus and I didn't notice until I was inside. It was super hot and humid outside and my photo assistant was getting antsy so we'll be back for more photos soon.

Vl3xEl.jpg

And lastly, here's a few out takes from this weekend, courtesy of Mapz. These were at a fantastic little pie and biscuit shop where we had breakfast on Sunday.

UxDmVl.jpg

7tGLSl.jpg

I know i'm echoing what everyone else is saying, but these jeans are really, really, awesome. The 02 cut is perfect - slim in the thighs and legs with a high enough rise to make me happy and to make for confident shirt tucking. The denim is a dream, already softening up but full of subtle blue hues and tons of slubby character. I'm still not sure how i'm going to cuff these guys, the inseam is just about perfect for a single cuff or a small tender-style double. We shall see!

Looks good, smitty. What size and what fishes?

I have an aquarium project in the works right now too. There's a 150 fatty in the garage but I don't trust it on my old floors. So, I'm doing a 55 :rolleyes: Very little woodwork. I don't want to dump the time into such a compromise of tank size. Just a metal stand, which will be shelved out and canopied w/cherry. The plumbing is the real elbow grease, since I'm running a bunch of Lifegard tubes.

More boring stuff from me to keep this thread up on top! Hope everyone doesn't mind me spamming boring pictures!

Same old, same old.

BA25FFFC-753D-488C-89A3-48C725E0FD78-5003-00000455722C36B9.jpg

The jeans, even though are pretty loose on me, are surprisingly stack-able! Should I go for stacks?

D18C731E-802A-4CA8-A888-7CA93755ABE6-5003-000004557F3BA135.jpg

Cuffs?

9AD1E6B7-4DF3-4BC4-BD3D-55A0091A3580-5003-000004557889C25B.jpg

Or just hem?

Also, went to try out a new place new my work area for lunch. Had the olive rice with prawns and chicken with herbs.

A8B19F13-F9CD-481C-8807-043327EF733A-5003-000004558BDBDC4E.jpg

Don't mind the inane post, and the poor pictures! TGIF!

The jeans, even though are pretty loose on me, are surprisingly stack-able! Should I go for stacks?

Cuffs? Or just hem?

It depends on your footwear, cuffs work well with those, anything more formal and stacks often look better. I'd hold on hemming at least until you've washed them a couple of times and found someone with a Union Special, then you're going to loose all that hem evo.

Thanks guys.

I would try the double cuff on those, tsunamiboy, just for a third look w/boots. I like the stacks with the Purcells, but yeah if you could keep a bigger single cuff within reason that would work too.

Went to see the Pirates yesterday. They lost to the Cubs, who have had their number all season long. At least it was a beautiful day for baseball.

7965159388_6222b2ca29_z.jpg

And a great night too. If you get a chance you should really see a game here. The stadium is beautiful, so are the views, and the tickets are so cheap. It's really one of the nicest in the country.

7965161256_44fe34d22f_z.jpg