ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

@Ignaurus and rkusmant great fits!

@Flash, you've got the got the first casualty of the contest!

@--simon--, I didn't exactly do a boil soak, but I used 2 kettles of hot water, mixed with some water out of the tap. I reckon it was 80, 90 degrees? I dunked them in and out of the pail several times to agitate them as well! :)

@aho, that's some crazy roping going on! I actually went to check mine after your pictures, but no such luck...

For those who machine washed and tumble dried, doesn't that leave creases and bleeding in the jeans? I've had 2 unsavory experiences with machine hot washes, and didn't feel like it this time around. Any tips and tricks? ;)

Edited by tsunamiboy85

my day today...somewhat of a fit pic?

7910777868_009da7b1fe_z.jpg

dropped by the pilsen area in chicago, ate at nuevo leon

7910779590_37f3736729_z.jpg

7910795910_f43b8f6192_z.jpg

7910797884_f5c9aa2fee_z.jpg

still had like 10 leftover tortillas even after using 10...gotta love cheap good food in healthy portions

7910792574_8fd807459c_z.jpg

then had to run some errands downtown on state st...my first time checking out the new target that filled in the empty carson pirie scott building...

7910793828_f505e863aa_z.jpg

7910788772_612f9ed79e_z.jpg

7910782778_800c902c16_z.jpg

lets see some more pics everyone!

Edited by aho

9vTZZl.jpg

threw them in the machine at hottest setting, then into the tub for a one-hour soak. that did the job in getting a lot of that shrinkage out, but i think they can go a bit more. i love how soft these are feeling. just the soak pic for now - will get to posting a proper fit pic later on today!

Edited by mapz

whoaaa i like what im seeing so far. so promising this contest is. a little bummed i didn't go along with this. so far i haven't seen a bad fit yet, looks pretty good everyone and i say it with the most honesty.

--simon-- you are right, they do shrink up to the perfect length. good gauging on your end.

slab dont think i've ever seen you post up a fit pic after all this while of seeing your beautifully faded jeans. this one is a really good one for starters. love the details on your pair, very very nice. am a little surprised they fit so slim through the leg though (not in a bad way). i was expecting them to be A LOT looser but i love that fit you have.

aho like how you've already gotten the thread moving with the updates. i see you're pulling no punches. how do you like yours?

flash good stuff going on your end too. they fit great just like your previous pair so you pretty much nailed it. props for organising this, it ended up a lot better with all the creative inputs on everybody's pairs.

rkusmant i see you gots new shoes for your new pants too ; )

thanks ranon.

yes, I haven't had chance to wear the boots so I decided to start wearing the same time ooe contest starts.

simon, the shrinkage seems to be very crazy there, I probably will forgo hot wash and just cold soak/handwash after the initial hot soak. I can probably afford another loss of 1" in the inseam max.

happy labor day to my fellow americans. some fit pics today. as it's been made well aware by now, it's shrink city with this denim. the 02 cut is the most "relaxed" pair i own, but the fit couldn't be any more appeasing for a guy who digs slim cuts.

again, my pair is super simple. pretty much went WWII yellow cotton throughout except for some orange cotton yarn at the belt stitch, crotch, fly, hip and back pocket entrance. oxidized copper rivets with concealed rivets at back. hickory stripe lined pocket bags. love the simplicity - these are never coming off.

dV2HYl.jpg

1Hklil.jpg

not as much going on the past 24 hrs...had breakfast for dinner, drove around, and found myself in a fitting room...really enjoying the fabric, fit, etc. and these will be my goto/only jeans for the next few years i feel...unfortunately i'm a weekend warrior and will most likely have the least amount of fading at the end of this contest, but IMO i already won the prize of owning such an awesome pair...

7924672094_7bb9c52dfa_z.jpg

7924678480_99bf29c4e4_z.jpg

7924674904_3a380fe3f4_z.jpg

Decided I needed to catch up on a bit of garden work ( hurt my back a few weeks ago so I've been off work and trying to rest , and the weeds have started to come up )

When me and my partner bought our house at the start of the year we had some big ideas for the garden , I had already picked out the barbecue and was going to scrap the old grey paving slabs and lay some new brick paving but things got realy expensive on the interior ( basically gutted the place and started over ) so I'm stuck with these dull grey slabs , realy hate them

20120902_133829-4.jpg

Wearing

Joe McCoy tee

Ooe 9102xx :)

Vans

Edited by Flash

Just a regular day, yesterday. Pardon the iPhone pictures!

2012-09-03184448-1.jpg

2012-09-03184540-1.jpg

Triple cuffed in the pictures above, but decided to go for huge double cuffs today. I think I need a hem.

Liking the variety of fits. I really like aho and mapz fits too, and Unearthed's details. :)

Edited by tsunamiboy85

i agree! this contest has saved superdenim from superboredom. ;-) great to see guys like Slab, who've done contests before and first timers like Simon. just curious Simon, what brought you on board and how do you like these compared to your IH's? glad to see you here!

Cheers TVS; I believe in Ooe's there's no hype, no brand image, just an amazing quality jean, this is my third pair. When I saw Flash was organising an Ooe contest I had to be part of it, quick PM and here we are.

Comparing IH and Ooe is like comparing Peas & Carrots, they both have a place on my plate ;)

I went back home for the long weekend, and have been wearing the Ooe's since they dried on the 1st. I gave them an initial hot soak, and a second machine wash on the warm/warm setting. A lot of extra shrinkage came out in the second wash. I'm very happy with the fit, and Ryo and Hiro seem to be doing a great job with the sizing recommendations.

While I was there I dug up some dead arborvitaes for my mom (some kids burned them when they were playing with matches in the park behind her house). A bunch of them were completely torched and definitely aren't coming back, so they needed to come out.

For having super shallow roots, these were a lot of work to dig out. I only found out after the first one came out that they were planted with wire reinforcements around the root balls, which made them way harder to remove than usual.

7929906550_8580b0ae11_z.jpg

7929840880_960bf9454c_z.jpg

7929836162_6e34733af4_z.jpg

The pics also give a good idea of how these fit. I'm very happy with them, and I hope to beat the hell out of them even though I won't be wearing every day.