ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Rkusmant, i love what you've done there, good work.

Jyoni, you could try holding off on the soak and strech them out raw?

I could try it, I just didn't want to tweak them before start photos. If nobody minds I could do it. The real work would be post-shrink anyway, after the start date.

Edited by jyoni

thanks fellas for the props, my inspiration is from the western style pocket that jack/knife used and the coin pocket I think from old miner jeans photos.

the coin pocket will be my stash money pocket, should be covered by belt just in case stupid arse try to rob me.

Looking good, all! I am honored to be part of a contest with enthusiastic people such as y'all! Just go easy on me starting next week, yeah?

Enough of the flattery though. Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I am curious about why Ryo and Hiro chose the 91 material for the contest. Anyone asked them, or have any ideas? If not, I'd probably drop them an email. :)

Yes, ryo and hiro did tell me that the 91 and 92 fabric were their top favorites at this moment.

Ryo also showed me the sample of 50's deadstock fabric.

And as flash has mentioned above, 91 was the closest to the fabric out of all the stocks at their studio.

Our pairs were made out of the third lot since ooe has introduced the 91fabric.

And look at the pair worn by ryo, it shows the high quality of 91 material.

Time for some pics of mine:

I've gone for a 1940's repro on the 03 cut, I've mixed Levis & Lee details.

Details include olive drab herring bone pocket bags, painted arcs, laurel wreath top button, iron fly buttons with the late addition of an Ooe bottom button, selvage fly finishing, pocket label, all 100% cotton lemon yellow stitching throughout, Lee style pocket reinforcement including single watch pocket cross, flat rivets.

7863171102_3da188b8ab_b.jpg

7863172340_72bca9414f_b.jpg

7863174256_caa307be36_b.jpg

7863177032_ff5db9ac63_b.jpg

7863180392_4a13762013_b.jpg

7863181798_f1c2cb475f_b.jpg

7863184306_70f82f3e36_b.jpg

To give some idea of size and raw colour here are some comparisons.

Here they are on top of the standard Iron Heart 21oz denim

7863185434_1655387372_b.jpg

Under my well worn 4x wash Ooe 9202

7863186850_8b2aefd1fe_b.jpg

R&H have assured me these will end up the same size as my 9202, there's going to need to be some serious shrinkage!

7863179298_9191ac1008_b.jpg

7863178126_217672a8e1_b.jpg

since everbody is posting details on the jeans, i might as well go on the trend.

the basic is 01XX cut with S03XX details.

the rivets are "ooe" engraved silver.

coin pocket with no rivets and the selvedge exposed like KMW.

IMAG0652.jpg

the bottons are all plain black doughtnut.

i did consider switching to the new ooe button, but S03XX details made me stay with this one.

IMAG0653.jpg

i added on belt loop to make a V-shape.

IMAG0654.jpg

and i lowered the back pocket about an inch from the original position.

IMAG0655.jpg

my basic idea was to bring back the good details of the jeans in the 30's and the 40's.

but i wanted to blend some comtemporary theme.

it might be a nerdy jeans, but i am liking what ooe has brought up with my broad ideas.

Huge respect to R&H!!

Edited by slugabed

My pair arrived yesterday, and figured I better check in. Went 02 cut with 03xx details, but I swapped in the Ooe branded buttons and a cinch back. They fit pretty well pre-soak, and I'm hoping the extra inch in waist I went with will keep the waist from being too small after all that extra shrinkage.

7866875348_dd5e937c53_z.jpg

Edited by rayw44

Great stuff. I'm loving how all the secret custom plans are all coming out...these are all some beautiful pairs.

Not nerdy at all, slugabed. I can't think of another jeansmaker who could do an amalgam of homage to such broad concepts.