Levi's Vintage Clothing

Just won a pair of 37s from eBay for £22 in my size (32/34). They look in good condition and the seller said they've been washed once and worn a handful of times. We'll see...

Thanks to Mr Black for the link.

Yeah, the boots kind of kill the look for me, but then, I'm not really a fashion forward guy. It just looks like she's walking on lumber, which, I guess, she is.

I would never think wearing this raw, I just don't want to risk the fit after the first wash, especially the inseam length, thanks anyway ;)

smart thinking. my 44s are my best fitting pair of LVC, and I ruined them by wearing them raw for a while. I have two sharp cuts along the front of each leg where the cuffs were at before all the shrinkage was out. And that wear you get on the outside of the knee when the material pools and bags a little bit, now sits a good 4" higher that it's supposed to. they're now a hunting and dirty work only jean.

love the denim, color and the fit and hope to get another pair in the future. i think the 44 is one of LVC's best, if not their best model. congrats on your purchase!

im almost 100% sure that swiss jeans freak wore his denimes raw.

Cuff damage. Wouldn't be a big issue of there was some inseam left to work with, but now that they're completely shrunk up I can't cuff 'em and I've got these nice lines part way up my shin. Will never wear a STF pair raw for any amount of time for this reason alone, and any future pairs will have most or all of the inseam shrinkage out before getting serious wear. My Warehouse 1001XX have three separate cuff lines showing how much they shrank between washes, thankfully there's enough cuff to cover that up.

Weird wear on the front of the shins is from bird hunting in wet golden rod without my Filson chaps on. Acted like sandpaper. It and the other wear at the thighs and knees shows up much more in real life than it does in these photos. Love the dark blueberry shade and the texture of the denim used in the 44s. When I get another pair, I think I'll give them soaks and hand washes only.

dsc01357yr.jpg

By Setterman at 2011-10-01

dsc01352ng.jpg

By setterman at 2011-10-01

dsc01355pp.jpg

dsc01356eg.jpg

so is the main cause of those marks from stuff getting into the cuff (seeds, lint, etc.) and then being moved around when you walk... rubbing the fabric?

I try to clean out my cuff when ever I can for that reason, if it is. All my jeans have that. Luckily, I get them extra long so when they do finally shrink I still have an inch to two to cuff.

I think you're jeans are fine by the way...

something funny. this guy is trying to sell a reproduction from lvc as an restored original. in fact it´s the limited "rust and blue" form 2005 or so,

it even could be the one i owned once...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Levis-Vintage-S501XX-S-501-XX-BIG-E-1944-Restored-Levis-Taylor-Toggs-/130583051071?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item1e675b3b3f

something funny. this guy is trying to sell a reproduction from lvc as an restored original. in fact it´s the limited "rust and blue" form 2005 or so,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Levis-Vintage-S501XX-S-501-XX-BIG-E-1944-Restored-Levis-Taylor-Toggs-/130583051071?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item1e675b3b3f

wow.AFAIK these must be the very first 501's using brass rivets instead of copper.not clever to show a pic of the modern tag inside(even though he claimed the tag was added later)...what an idiot.

Please see here. Inspired by you.